EC to do Cash Tribute?

Pretty self-explanatory
martinfoyle

EC to do Cash Tribute?

Post by martinfoyle »

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/arts/ent ... &position=

EC finishes his tour on Nov 8th. Presuming he does'nt do the decent thing, (i.e. a gig in his hometown, Dublin) he should be able to make the Cash tribute.

-October 14, 2003
Mellencamp, Yoakam, Jones Join Cash Lineup
By REUTERS

Filed at 6:23 p.m. ET

NEW YORK (Billboard) - John Mellencamp, Dwight Yoakam and George Jones have joined the lineup for the Nov. 10 Johnny Cash Memorial Tribute concert in Nashville.

The event at the Ryman Auditorium will also feature Rosanne Cash, Willie Nelson, Kris Kristofferson, Hank Williams Jr., Sheryl Crow, Jack Clement, Steve Earle and Larry Gatlin.

Bruce Springsteen, Bob Dylan and U2 lead singer Bono have expressed interest in taking part, but have not yet confirmed. According to a spokesperson, the concert will be taped for later broadcast on an outlet yet to be determined.

Free tickets to the event will be distributed via a lottery. Fans wishing to attend should send a post card with a name, address, and daytime telephone number to: Johnny Cash Memorial Tribute, PO Box 20003, Nashville, TN 37202. Only one entry per person will be accepted and must be received by Oct. 26 at 11:59 p.m. ET.

A random drawing will be held Oct. 27 with winners notified by phone. Each will receive two tickets to the concert.

Reuters/Billboard
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

thanks for this! my postcard is in the mail.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
pip_52

Post by pip_52 »

Wow, that would be great even if EC didnt show up. But how great would it be if they all did . . . EC, Bob Dylan, Bono . . . !

I sent in my postcard today. Maybe I'll get lucky . . .
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Sending in postcard with fingers crossed!
Misha

Post by Misha »

I hope one of you wins-at least------

Keep us posted!
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?