Revolver Tour, incidental music

Pretty self-explanatory
The imposter

Revolver Tour, incidental music

Post by The imposter »

Is there a list anywhere of all the incidental music The Imposters are playing on this tour between songs and during wheel spins etc. I obviously recognise tunes like Spinning Wheel, Dancing Queen, elvis songs such as charm school, temptation and the imposter, and Led zeppelin's "Whole lotta love"...I know there are some Booker T songs too, but which one's? and can anyone identify any of that fairground like music? The tune before Alison an the 2nd night at RAH for example..is that another Booker T song?
sulky lad

Re: Revolver Tour, incidental music

Post by sulky lad »

The Imposters played a bit of "Sex'n'Drugs'nRock'n'Roll" during the Newcastle show ( which is now avaialbale on dimeadozen for those interested ! http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=407976
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

WOW!!!! that's awesome sulky. why didn't he bark out a little chorus too? he should do an IAN song again! NICE mailing i rec'd yesterday...thanks friend! :) :) :)
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

At the Birmingham show Elvis said all the songs were sexy in reply to a spinner's comment. Steve then improvised Do you think I'm sexy by Rod Stewart.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Hope I didn't replicate anything you already had, BA, I think Verbal was also on the lookout for tickets for you but most people were hanging on tightly to their tickets for souvenirs ! :( :roll:
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

yes, verbal is indeed sending a care package too. THANKS GUYS! junk collector ba loves EVERYTHING you sent my way and will gladly send similar back towards you whenever you let me know what YOU like to acquire. and NOT a duplicate amongst it all. THANKS! and you know VG...now that you mention "DO YA THINK" i recall hearing that once as well....i guess it was last year "spinning interludes" in USA!
Paul B

Post by Paul B »

Some interesting almost dot joining...Crucially Steve played Zeppelin's Whole Lotta Love in the rather chintzy arrangement that featured during the chart countdown of venerable BBC show Top Of The Pops, itself based on a 1970 version by a group known as the Collective Consciousness Society, led by one of the fathers of British Blues, Alexis Korner, also featuring bassist Herbie Flowers. The TV version used musicians from one of the BBC orchestras. It's just possible that double bassist Roy Babbington features on the recording - he was a face in the BBC orchestras of the time. Roy has since played with Elvis favourite Mose Allison on many occasions - and went on to play bass with Elvis too, vis http://www.elviscostello.info/wiki/inde ... Babbington
the_roofdog

Post by the_roofdog »

The theme tune from the Avengers came up fairly frequently (no, not that one)
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Just listened to the Aarhus show and it was great to hear the intro from The Greatest Thing (PTC) ( not played in full since 1984) being played into the theme from , as noted above, the 1960's Avengers as incidental music before the spin that selected the ImperialChocolate category.
The imposter

Post by The imposter »

the_roofdog wrote:The theme tune from the Avengers came up fairly frequently (no, not that one)
So THAT's what it was, It did sound vaguely familiar, thanks for pointing that out.
Azmuda

Post by Azmuda »

Moods For Moderns is used here -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ht8zFkF328
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

He used Charm School a lot. Too bad he didn't feature that one on the wheel as a full length song. Fabulous vocals.
Dr. Luther

Post by Dr. Luther »

docinwestchester wrote:He used Charm School a lot.
My favorite of the incidentals.
The imposter

Post by The imposter »

docinwestchester wrote:He used Charm School a lot. Too bad he didn't feature that one on the wheel as a full length song. Fabulous vocals.
yeah the piano is quite spectacular on that track too