Girls Talk by E.C. & 'A.Pulkkinen' ?

Pretty self-explanatory
johnfoyle

Girls Talk by E.C. & 'A.Pulkkinen' ?

Post by johnfoyle »

The recent 'Rockpile Live At Montreux' album has this odd composition credit for 'Girls Talk' - anyone know what that's about?

'Pulkkinen/Costello' also features in this ASCAP listing -

http://www.ascap.com/ace/search.cfm?req ... 30&start=1

Alan Ramsey makes an interesting point on the E.C. listserv Facebook page -

Could it be some sort of tax dodge? I'm not sure about the "MGB Ltd" at the end of the Universal Music Publishing. Possibly, the songs may have to be re-copyrighted every 20 something years. And possibly in another country, IE what the Stones & U2 did by having their corporate stuff done in the Netherlands.
The Gentleman

Re: Girls Talk by E.C. & 'A.Pulkkinen' ?

Post by The Gentleman »

It's almost certainly unrelated, but I've long been curious about the lyric that was unique to the chorus of Dave Edmund's version of "Girls Talk" ("It's a more or less situation inspired by girls talk"), and later carried over onto Linda Ronstadt's version. Is it an EC lyric, or did someone (Dave Edmunds? Nick Lowe?) add it themselves? Has EC ever performed the song with this line?

It's quite a stretch, but could the mysterious "A. Pulkkinen" (is there a pun there?) have contributed that line and belatedly demanded a writing credit?
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Related -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00G ... UTF8&psc=1

Live at Rockpalast - 1980 (CD & DVD Pack)
Rockpile

16 Dec 2013

Disc: 1
1. Sweet Little Lisa
2. So It Goes
3. I Knew The Bride(When She Used To Rock And Roll)
4. Switchboard Susan
5. Crawling From The Wreckage
6. Trouble Boys
7. Girls Talk
8. Three Time Loser
9. Born Fighter
10. You'll Never Get Me Up In One Of Those
11. Promised Land
12. Queen Of Hearts
13. They Call It Rock
14. Juju Man
15. Singing The Blues
16. Let It Rock/Let's Talk About Us
17. Down Down Down(aka Feel Like I'm Goin Down)(tracks 1-17 all on DVD format)

Product Description
PERFORMANCE DATE:MARKTHALLE HAMBURG,GERMANY,12 JANUARY,1980.Their only appearance as Rockpile(though Dave Edmunds appeared solo later in 1983).Rockpile was a tight,entertaining band combining the talents of Dave Edmunds(guitar,vocals),Nick Lowe(bass,vocals),Billy Bremner(guitar,vocals)and Terry Williams(drums).

This is an essential release for fans,as Rockpile never released a live album in their short lifetime.Contains greatest hits from both Dave Edmunds and Nick Lowe's stellar back catalogues.Features songs contributed by Mickey Jupp(You'll Never Get Me Up In One Of Those),Elvis Costello(Girls Talk),Chuck Berry(Let It Rock & Promised Land)and,of course,Nick Lowe - Stiff Records songwriter supreme - including a version of his debut solo hit So It Goes.

Informative booklet with twin liner notes - in English by Will Birch,noted British journalist,broadcaster,author and, expert on the Pub Rock and the Southend Rock scene,and in German by noted journalist and broadcaster Uli Kniep.Expertly restored and remastered.Superb vision,outstanding sound.The best in the business!
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Billy Bremner of Rockpile has a new album out with the Swedish band Trouble Boys, 'More Trouble' . I've been in touch with the band's promoter who has sent me information & a way of getting the cd with a PayPal payment. Including postage to Ireland it costs c. €17. If that works out - ie. I get the disc ! - I'll share that so others here may get it that way .