Elvis & The Sugarcanes, Athens (Greece), July 3, 2010

Pretty self-explanatory
sweetest punch

Elvis & The Sugarcanes, Athens (Greece), July 3, 2010

Post by sweetest punch »

http://stopthatsound.blogspot.com/2010/ ... ummer.html

Diana Krall returns to Athens. This time she will perform a show @ Terra Vibe this July 4th (a day after her husband Elvis Costello performs at the same venue)
Last edited by sweetest punch on Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sweetest punch

Re: Elvis & The Sugarcanes, Athens (Greece), July 3, 2010

Post by sweetest punch »

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
Jeremy Dylan

Post by Jeremy Dylan »

This would make a great idea for a romantic comedy. A musician following his love around by booking tour dates in the same venues the day after.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Mike Compton no longer has this date in his calendar: http://mikecompton.net/calendar.php
Could this also be cancelled?
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

This seems to mean that it has been cancelled: http://djpanagiotis.blogspot.com/2010/0 ... canes.html
This date is also no longer on his official website: http://www.elviscostello.com/#/dance-card
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

One article said it was due to poor ticket sales.
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Might have been because they were going to pay Elvis in drachmas (now worth about 2 cents for 10,000 drachmas !!)
rachelhasen

Post by rachelhasen »

Karma's a bitch, ... as the saying goes?
Man out of Time

Post by Man out of Time »

Rather belated link to an article announcing the cancellation here:

Zugla.gr

Ακύρωση συναυλίας Elvis Costello & the Sugarcanes

Η Big Star Promotion ανακοινώνει ότι η προγραμματισμένη συναυλία του Elvis Costello & the Sugarcanes, για το Σάββατο 3 Ιουλίου 2010, στο Θέατρο του TerraVibe Park, στην Αθήνα, δεν θα πραγματοποιηθεί. Η τρέχουσα δυσμενής οικονομική κατάσταση, που έχει πλήξει τα μεσαία εισοδήματα, είχε ως αποτέλεσμα τη χαμηλή προπώληση εισιτηρίων, καθιστώντας αδύνατη την πραγματοποίηση της παραπάνω συναυλίας.

Όσοι έχουν ήδη αγοράσει εισιτήριο μπορούν να απευθυνθούν στο Ticket House, Πανεπιστημίου 42 (εντός στοάς), για την επιστροφή του αντιτίμου, από την Παρασκευή 11 Ιουνίου 2010.

Οι υπόλοιπες συναυλίες θα πραγματοποιηθούν σύμφωνα με το πρόγραμμα, που έχει ήδη ανακοινωθεί.

Or in "English" via Google Translate:

"Cancel Concert Elvis Costello & The Sugarcanes

The Big Star Promotion announces that the planned concert by Elvis Costello & the Sugarcanes, on Saturday, July 3, 2010, at the Theatre of TerraVibe Park, in Athens, will not take place. The current unfavorable economic situation, which has hit middle-income earners, led to low ticket sales, making it impossible to achieve the above concert.

Those who have already purchased tickets can contact the Ticket House, University 42 (in gallery), for reimbursement from Friday, June 11, 2010.

The remaining concerts will be held in accordance with the program, which has already been announced."

From another source, ticket prices were:

Position Admission: 30 €
Third zone, seated: 45 €
Zone 2nd seated: 50 €
Zone first seated: 55 €
Position VIP: 95 €

MOOT