So Like Costello - tribute night approved by The Man!!

Pretty self-explanatory
Kit Ashton

So Like Costello - tribute night approved by The Man!!

Post by Kit Ashton »

Hello everybody on the EC forum!

First post so bear with me... hope you don't mind me spamming your space like this but this will be a great show...

I'm putting on an Elvis Costello tribute event in the Brighton Festival Fringe - and I've even got the thumbs up from the Big Man himself!

I was lucky enough to have a quick chat with him after his show at the Barbican recently - he signed a poster for me, and he was really cool about the gig. He just kept looking at the poster and saying "That's wild, man!". Legend. :lol:

So the show: basically I'm gathering an exciting line-up of top Brightonian vocalists around some classic EC songs, backed by an amazing house band. It's called "So Like Costello" after the song "So Like Candy" of course!

Guests include:
Paul Steel, Stuart Flynn , Glen Richardson (Brighton Beach Boys), Ralph Brown (yes, the actor!), Felicity Birch, Jordan Smith (Xcerts), and me!!
The brilliant jazz pianist Mark Edwards will also make a guest appearance.

It would be great if any of you are in the area and fancy coming down - we're going to have a ball!

Tickets are on sale here:
http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?s ... 4u&u=uNn4o

I'll post set-list and all soon, promise...

K
x

bronxapostle

Re: So Like Costello - tribute night approved by The Man!!

Post by bronxapostle »

NICE....HAVE FUN! but, i'll wait for the one at MADISON SQUARE GARDEN whenever they get around to it!!!
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

So you're the mystery bloke in one of my photos!

Good luck with the show!

Neil.

Post by Neil. »

Good luck with it, Kit! I'd be there if I could, but I cannae!
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Good luck - too far for me at this short notice on a school night!
signed with love and vicious kisses
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://thelatest.co.uk/7/so-like-costello

This year’s show with Kit Ashton and friends paid tribute to Elvis Costello’s song-writing genius. Top Brighton performers interpreting songs from Mr Costello’s wide-ranging, genre-busting catalogue included Miles Heathfield, Paul Steel, and the classy Felicity Birch. Her deeply moving version of ‘Almost Blue’, with jazz pianist Mark Edwards, was the highlight of the evening. Fantastically talented Stuart Flynn added new, chilling depths to Costello’s already darkest song, ‘I Want You’. Mr Ashton himself rocked out with ‘Lipstick Vogue’, and everyone joined him for a buoyant ‘Oliver’s Army’, a fitting finale for an evening of extraordinary performances. All together now!

The Hanbury Club, 13 May
4/5
Marie Vagen