Quoting from other posts

Pretty self-explanatory
Neil.

Quoting from other posts

Post by Neil. »

Hi guys,

Just wondering if choosing and pasting a whole chunk from another posting is making people lose the thread of some of the discussions?

There are so many quotes sometimes, that it's hard to get a flow when you're reading through stuff. Maybe that's why the place seems a bit quieter these days.

I can only speak for myself, but I find it harder to wade through stuff these days. Maybe if people put 'agree with you, Frank, about Elvis's new Mariah Carey duet', rather than inserting the other message (often with a pic), it might make everying easier to read.

Anyway, cool! New Elvis album AND telly show soon!!! Fab!
verbal gymnastics

Re: Quoting from other posts

Post by verbal gymnastics »

No London shows though Neil. I think you owe me a beer or few as well :lol:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Neil.

Post by Neil. »

Hee hee! God, did I not buy any drinks at the last meetup?! Oh, hang on - there was the small matter of blagging me a free Tower of London ticket!!!! Yeah, that's definitely worth a bevvy or two! Give us a shout if there's another one anytime soon.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

I don't get why people quote the message immediately above if they're responding to it, or even two above if it's clear what they're responding to. Quoting is handy where you need to clarify what you're picking up on, but quote overkill can abound. The enhanced image and you tube insertion features make it a lot easier to illustrate within a post rather than links everywhere, but surely that's for the good?
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

This site is not so bad for excessive quoting, some sites are really bad eg. http://www.backstreets.com/btx/viewtopi ... highlight=
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Exactly! Not one of those was needed.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more