The Beatles

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Mikeh

The Beatles

Post by Mikeh »

About that new Beatles CD - Love. It really is just The Beatles on 45 isn't it? Flippin' eck. I could have compiled it!
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

And this belongs in this forum because.... :lol:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Mikeh - this thread would be better suited for The Annex. Please keep off-topic posts out of the Elvis Costello General Discussion area.

As a courtesy, I've moved the thread to The Annex for you.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
Mikeh

Post by Mikeh »

OK OK I'm sorry.
LessThanZero

Love

Post by LessThanZero »

This is ALL the discussion for this album?!?!?!?! What has happened to you guys? :?

Blue, have you heard it? I'm actually pretty excited to get it for Christmas....It's Beatles in 5.1 right?? How amazing is that? I've always wanted to hear Mr. Kite and And Your Bird Can Sing and Because and...(most of the rest of them)....in 5.1 Digital sound!!!

Can anyone give me some feedback on this album??
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Not sure it's 5.1 or not - I think there may be a deluxe edition that has a DVD with the 5.1 mix, but the standard CD is just a CD.

I dunno, I'd be a lot more excited about Beatles remasters. From what I've heard Love is a cool listen at first but ultimately the novelty wears out. I'd still like it at some point though, considering I enjoy hearing a lot of the random Beatles stuff.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.