You say goodbye and I say hello???

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
laughingcrow

You say goodbye and I say hello???

Post by laughingcrow »

Wow...I just heard about this 'Paul McCartney is dead'conspiracy thing..this is crackers!!!

Is it true?

http://uberkinder.5u.com/paul/

I checked out these weird pics..and some seem to have some substance, some seem a little tenous.

Then I had a look at these 'clues' in the art and lyrics, and ok again some are tenous, but some are creepy...

http://www.turnmeondeadman.net/IBP/Intro.html

I also looked at this 'insider expose' on the whole conspiracy! Man alive this is weird stuff!

http://digilander.libero.it/p_truth/index.html

Has anyone else heard this before? Does this mean that, EC was actually playing with an imposter who had extensive facial surgery to become Paul McCartney...??????????? :shock: :shock: :shock:
HungupStrungup

Post by HungupStrungup »

Paul is dead; Billy Shears is living his life.
"But it's a dangerous game that comedy plays
Sometimes it tells you the truth
Sometimes it delays it"
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Do you really think that Hungup? Its really doing my head in....some of those pics are bizarre!

I don't think Im a 'conspiracy nut' or anything (although I was abducted by Elvis Pressley last year :D ), but this is seriously weird!!!!
Some of the art/lyrics are easy to explain away...but the fact that there's loads of pics of 'Paul' with an an open palm above his head...which is a noted form of expressing death in art....is just odd!

:? :? He blew his mind out in a car.............................. :(
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

LC, a couple years ago when i first read about this on the internet, I also had a hard time falling asleep that night! :D

"Paul is dead, miss him, MISS HIM!"
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

cranberry sauce.

shit, now i DO feel old. and i'm not THAT old. no, really. :)

(at the very end of strawberry fields john sounds like he's saying 'I Buried Paul'. john said no, i said 'cranberry sauce.')

former beatlemaniac, circa 1978-1984, now just a fan.
... name the stars and constellations,
count the cars and watch the seasons....
A rope leash

They'd seen his face before...

Post by A rope leash »

This inspires me to go out and get a Beatles anthology, and see if I can "hear" the difference.

This rumour also explains why Paul's later career is shadowed with the darkness of sucking.

So, Elvis collaborated with an imposter? That must be something not to give a shit about.
Poppet

Re: They'd seen his face before...

Post by Poppet »

A rope leash wrote: This rumour also explains why Paul's later career is shadowed with the darkness of sucking.
hey, i never thought of *that*! i thought it was just because he needed john to even out his tendencies to sap, just as john needed paul to even out his tendencies to be pedantic. but no, it was premature death that did it! silly me.

:)
... name the stars and constellations,
count the cars and watch the seasons....
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

hey, "Paul" made some GREAT music, as a Beatle and a Wing, after the car crash.
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.
PlaythingOrPet

Post by PlaythingOrPet »

Cheers, LC, I've just wasted an hour looking at those sites! Who would've wrote The Frog Chorus and Pipes of Peace? The real Paul or Faul? Aha! It's all falling into place.... :wink:

Kinda fascinating, but I don't for a minute believe it. I do believe man has never walked on the moon, tho.
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

One would think that Linda would be able to see that it wasn't Paul!!! Unless she was in on the gig! :lol:

*oooh Paul you're so "frisky" tonight*
pip_52

Post by pip_52 »

But Paul supposedly died before he met Linda . . .

I dont believe it either, but it is pretty interesting stuff. Especially the brown eyes/green eyes thing.

If the Paul we know is actually a "Faul" . . . and he's managed to fool everybody pretty successfully for all these years, maybe he deserves to be thought of as the real Paul . . .
laughingcrow

"..Wednesday morning at five o'clock as the day begins.

Post by laughingcrow »

I don't know WHAT to think...

there's a talk radio show on the james whale ( :? ) show tonight coincidentally...

10pm uk time on talksport, 1053mw 1089mw....

for non-uk you can listen online at http://www.talksport.net

I don't believe the backwards message stuff, but I now can't listen to the Beatles without thinking that the lyrics are some weird message

"..I'm looking through you, where did you go? I thought I knew you, what did I know. You don't look different but you have changed, I'm looking through you, you're not the same.." "..your lips are moving I can not hear, you don't sound different I've learned the game.." "..you were above me but not today, the only difference is you're down there.." "..you've changed, you've changed, you've changed.."

...the whole thing seems so preposterous...but I'm strangely obsessed by the idea...why is he different in all the artwork, just for a laugh? What about the bloody glove on the doll on Sgt Pepper's sleeve? If John was leaving messages, then why didn't they stop him, and why didn't Faul get pissed off that the scam might get blown?
Have you seen the picture of Terrry Draper on the Klaatu website? Is that the guy they chose to be Faul?

This is still creeping me out....I went to see PM live in Kansas in 92...was it a fake?

Cranberry Sauce?
bobster

Post by bobster »

Wow, nothing survives like death -- especially a phony one! I'm stunned (but mostly amused) that people are keeping this one alive....I like the part about Yoko being a CIA assasin or something. I've always said that about her!

But this brings me back to one of those little defining moments. I was a very small kid at the time, with a Beatlemaniac teenage sister, and just old enough to sort of semi-understand.

BTW: Any of you familiar with the John Lennon song, "How Do You Sleep?" it a frontal attack on McCartney (like only an inflamed ex-best friend could write), and includes lyrics that say something very close to "those freaks were right when they said you were dead." (Well, I guess that could be a confession, and he could be mad at "Faul" for doing such a good job.)

I'll never forget my sister creeping me out with all the "signs", playing her copy of "Magical Mystery Tour" backward and all. (Even before that, I used to get thoroughly creeped out by the song "Blue Jay Way" -- which is about the sort of situation even a five year old can readily relate to -- and I didn't even realize it was about a street here in L.A. Actually, that song still creeps me out.)

BTW: Just as a point of interest, my old UCLA classmate, Alison Anders has a screenplay out there inspired by her own experiences as a teen or pre-teen called "Paul is Dead." Originally, she was going to do it with Hugh Grant as a ghostly Paul, but he pulled out to do "Four Weddings" and the rest is career history.
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
A rope leash

Think about it

Post by A rope leash »

Dying just would not have been a good career move for Paul at that time.
Watching_Detectives

Post by Watching_Detectives »

Wow. I got really cold.

I love how John said, "Cranberry sauce". That's cool.
It nearly took a mircacle to get you to stay
It only took my little finger to blow you away.