Party,Party

Pretty self-explanatory
Jackson Monk

Party,Party

Post by Jackson Monk »

I know it's pretty dire, but does anyone know where I can download a copy?
corruptio optimi pessima
Neil.

Post by Neil. »

I don't think it's dire, and am gutted that Elvis has tried to expunge it from his musical history! Okay, a couple of the lines are a bit ropey ("when you've got a face like last week's cornflakes"), but all in all it's a great knees-up, I reckon! Anyone else like it?
King Hoarse

Post by King Hoarse »

I have the 7", which is still pretty cheap and easy to find around these parts. Though probably being worse than anything off Punch The Clock, it was worth its 50 cents.

And I think it's part of the CD singles box vol2 (it's on the cover, at least) which goes for something like £7 used on Amazon at the moment. And there's a link in the top right corner for that, of course.
What this world needs is more silly men.
johnfoyle

Re: Party,Party

Post by johnfoyle »

charliestumpy

Post by charliestumpy »

Unlike it's composer/main performer, we love our 1982 45 rpm vinyl, and will happily - if legal - share scans of the sleeve/disk etc. At the mo, it is said that sometimes a low-bit rate 128 kps mp3 (to match the admittedly low quality of the vinyl) AND scans can be located on e.g. SoulSeek a.m. UK most days.

My elderly daughters - 26 and 24 - loved my playing my cassette/digital recordings of this track. I see that one of the guys writing reviews on amazon uk says it is his fave DPAM track.

I think that eventually we saw the naffo film on tellie.
'Sometimes via the senses, mostly in the mind (or pocket)'.
Poor Deportee

Post by Poor Deportee »

The song is a fun throwaway - I'm not quite sure why Elvis has singled that one as somehow unspeakable. A shame, really.
When man has destroyed what he thinks he owns
I hope no living thing cries over his bones
Dr. Luther

Post by Dr. Luther »

By no means a benchmark composition -- and it certainly felt like a throwaway upon release -- but, nonetheless, it was the first undertaking with horns on it (I believe, offhand), so it had its charming novelty at the time.
And -- it's got a bit of a groove to it.