Morrissey Strikes Again

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Mike Boom

Morrissey Strikes Again

Post by Mike Boom »

http://www.nme.com/news/morrissey/21162

Morrissey next album is to be called 'Ringleader Of The Tormentors', and is set for completion in a matter of weeks.

According to internet rumours, production on the record has been undertaken by Tony Visconti, who is currently recording in Rome with the former Smiths singer.

Work on 'The Ringleader Of The Tormentors' is expected to be wrapped up by November 1.

"Jeff Saltzman, who was originally named as producer, could not undertake the project," Morrissey fansite true-to-you.net reports. "The album is engineered by Marco Origel, who is from the San Francisco area."

They add: "'Ringleader Of The Tormentors' will be released on Attack early in 2006. Morrissey is delighted with the album which he describes as 'The most beautiful - perhaps the most gentle so far."

Visconti is most famous for his work with David Bowie and T-Rex. 'Ringleader Of The Tormentors' follows Morrissey's 2004 comeback album 'You Are The Quarry'.
echos myron like a siren
with endurance like the liberty bell
and he tells you of the dreamers
but he's cracked up like the road
and he'd like to lift us up, but we're a very heavy load
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Wow, that sounds wonderful. I love Visconti's work with Bowie. Can't wait for this.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Good Lord, I will simply have to quite my job. There's no other way to find time for all this stuff. THAT is a seriously exciting prospect, as YATQ is probably among my top 5 records of the decade so far.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Was reading a mag today on people giving their babies unusual names. This woman and her hubby were huge Morrissey fans and gave their daughter that for a first name - and to make it worse they said they call her Morris for short! Poor little bugger - if that doesnt warrent being taken into care I dont know what does!!
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

I know a girl with four brothers and she's called Sidney. Morrissey is pretty cool as a girl's name! Morris, no. Either the full thing or Moz.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

For hard-core Morrissey fans - how about sleeping in his words ? (in fact, I wouldn't say 'no')

If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Now that is damn classy, though I'd pick a different line.
Otis Westinghouse

'Send me the pillow, the one that you dream on'
Mike Boom

Post by Mike Boom »

"some girls are bigger than others..."
echos myron like a siren
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

"Me and my heart, we knew"
Mike Boom

Post by Mike Boom »

"please please please let me, let me, let me let me get what I want
this time"
echos myron like a siren
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Clearly you have a King-Sized bed, Mr. Boom. 8)
Masterpiece?

Post by Masterpiece? »

"Don't try to wake me in the morning, for I will be gone" :)
Everybody's hiding under covers... who's making Lover's Lane safe again for lovers?"
ReadyToHearTheWorst

Post by ReadyToHearTheWorst »

"I am the last of the family line."

... for a single bed.
"I'm the Rock and Roll Scrabble champion"
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Masterpiece? wrote:"Don't try to wake me in the morning, for I will be gone" :)
Or simply "Sing me to sleep.." That would be nice, actually.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

"The more you ignore me the closer I get" :lol:
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

bambooneedle wrote:"The more you ignore me the closer I get" :lol:
Ha! Or in the case of my son (who at 6 still climbs into bed with me at about 5 a.m.) "The more you want the covers on, the more I will kick them off."
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

selfmademug wrote:
bambooneedle wrote:"The more you ignore me the closer I get" :lol:
Ha! Or in the case of my son (who at 6 still climbs into bed with me at about 5 a.m.) "The more you want the covers on, the more I will kick them off."
He's a no-tuck? God bless 'im.

My wife is a tuck, I'm a no-tuck - it's the source of endless arguments, all good-natured.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

I'm a no-tuck, my SON is a no-covers, period. The kid's a frikking ball of fire... also he prefers to sleep perpendicular to me. It's RAWTHER uncomfortable. But stil worth the early morning snuggles. :)
Otis Westinghouse

One for every mood:

Too tired to think: 'Why pamper life's complexities?'

Horned up: 'Let me get your head on the conjugal bed'

Horned up but with a reluctant date: 'Please, please, please, let me get what I want' (apologies to Mike for nicking his line)

Horned up and feeling experimental: 'If there's something you'd like to try, ask me I won't say no, how could I?'

Depressed, and entering a suicide pact with loved one: 'To die by your side, the pleasure, the privilege is mine'

Depressed and wanting to let parents know it's their fault: 'It's not my home, it's their home and I'm welcome no more'

Depressed and planning to never leave bed again: 'Oh mother I can feel the soil falling over my head'

With comatose girlfriend: 'I know it's serious'

Misunderstood and unloved: 'I am human and I need to be loved'

Alone forever and suffering low self-esteem: 'If you're so very good-looking why do you sleep alone tonight?'

Unemployed but defiant: 'England is mine and it owes me a living'

Unemployed, but with employed loved one: 'If you must go to work tomorrow, well if I were you I wouldn't bother'

Playing hard to get: 'You just haven't earned it yet baby'

Needing a lie-in: 'Don't try to wake me in the morning'

Needing to commit suicide: 'Don't try to wake me in the morning cos I will be gone'
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

:lol: I need this one--
Playing hard to get: 'You just haven't earned it yet baby'
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/art ... 1001432505

Morrissey Eyeing March For New Album

November 02, 2005, 11:00 AM ET
Jason MacNeil, Toronto

Morrissey is mixing his next studio album in Rome with producer Tony Visconti, according to a post from the artist on the fan site True to You. Dubbed "Ringleader of the Tormentors," the set is expected for release in mid-March via Attack, with a single to precede it during the second week February.

"Not only is this a departure in his writing (my opinion) but he has extended his vocal range and has written extended melodies," Visconti recently said of the album on his own Web site. "I am two-thirds of the way through one of the best albums I've ever worked on, with not only Morrissey at his best, but the plot has twists and turns which somehow involve film composer Ennio Morricone and an Italian children's choir."

"Ringleader" will be the follow-up to 2004's "You Are the Quarry," which revived Morrissey's career in North America, debuting at a career-best No. 11 on The Billboard 200. It has sold more than 195,000 copies in North America, according to Nielsen SoundScan, his highest total since 1994's "Vauxhall and I."

And while Morrissey revealed that plans for a New Year's Eve concert in Mexico did not come to fruition ("no decent financial offer to make the journey possible, which is sad"), other shows are being planned.

"We have moved our Italian and Greek and Turkish dates to February which will be the tour to launch the album," he said on True to You.
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
Otis Westinghouse

I can't wait - Visconti + Moz has got to be killer.
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

He must be a big Bowie fan- didn't Mick Ronson produce one of Morrisey's solo albums before he passed away?
Otis Westinghouse

Yes, the superb Your Arsenal. Very nice production, too. Moz has been anti-Bowie since the acrimonious '95 tour which Moz left half way through and followed up by saying 'Bowie was one of the most relevant people around - in the 1970s'. Bowie, of course, recorded Moz's I Know It's Going To Happen Someday on the Black Tie, White Noise LP, indicating what a shame it was that there was some sort of falling out. At the time there were reports of a nervous breakdown, but Moz just said later he was very unhappy, with Bowie's condescension towards him being a factor. I saw them at Wembley, and it was a rather sad spectacle: Moz flailing his mic lead obsessively with a relatively small huddle of fanatics near the stage, and acres of largely indifferent people filling the huge arena. It's good to know that 10 years later Moz's stock is much higher and he could sell out the venue quite happily.

I've been listening to The Smiths a lot recently (the Troy Tate unreleased sessions for what would have been a first LP being an example) and thinking what a shame it is that Moz's solo career has been so tarnished, starting off with the woeful Bengali In Platforms on Viva Hate. Let's hope such themes (of non-racial integration, with Moz seeming aligned to some extent at least to the skinhead Union Jack-toting, boxing-loving thugs who have formed an important part of his iconography in his solo career) will be free from the new LP as they were from You Are The Quarry.