DVD easter egg - spoiler!

Pretty self-explanatory
lemo

DVD easter egg - spoiler!

Post by lemo »

just found it!
go to video selection, go to only flame in town, and press up

select the glasses icon and you get to see an alternative video for the song!

i think thats the only egg...
sometimes i almost feel just like a human being
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

Can we use this thread to talk about the Egg? Good. The clue is in the packaging, it lists a credit for the alternative vid so it was easy enough to find and it seems to bo the only egg on the disc. What Lemo fails to mention is that it's worth the price of the dvd alone as you get a completely different video for The Only Flame in Town that was canned as soon as it was made with EC performing without glasses which looks very strange, like Ricky Ross from Deacon Blue. It's hard to watch without your jaw dropping onto the ground. Plus there's an EC commentary to go with it too.

DrJ
Tlentifini Maarhaysu
migdd

Post by migdd »

Incredible! I can't wait to see that!!
Mikeh

DVD Easter Egg

Post by Mikeh »

That's solved a mystery for me. There is a still from that scrapped video on the cover of Extreme Honey, and I always wondered where it come from!
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

I'm curious... Had anyone seen this video before? I sure hadn't.

EC's remark that they "scrapped the video, particularly after the American record company Columbia decided to release the song as a single" strikes me as slightly ambiguous.
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

I'm sure what he means is that they were able to scrap the video when Columbia wanted to release it as a single becease Columbia were prepared to pay for a more professional, expensive video which featured Daryl Hall. OMG!!!! Daryl Hall!!!!!

DrJ
Tlentifini Maarhaysu
Bobby Smoke

Right Spectacle

Post by Bobby Smoke »

Hello all,

Regarding the DVD... does anyone here have any idea at all when the Disc is coming to Canada? I see that its already been released in the UK and the States, but the only way that I can see to get it up North is to order through Amazon.ca (where its still an import item). Is there a release date that I should wait for, or should I just go ahead and pay the extra bit of money to get it from Amazon?

Thanks a bunch!

Elvis Costello Fan #3,895,983,21

Bobby Smoke