Songs of Julia

Pretty self-explanatory
Jackson Monk

Songs of Julia

Post by Jackson Monk »

Rain Pryor (Richard's daughter) said some great things about our man in the Sunday Telegraph today referring to him as "the greatest singer in the world"

She said her number one download is "Songs of Julia" by Elvis. Can't find it anywhere on the internet and I've never heard of the tune.

Anyone able to tell me anything about this? :?
corruptio optimi pessima
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

"Songs of Julia" .....Juliet Letters ?
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

No no no... it's EC's ode to Julia Roberts, "She."

Rain Pryor covered "God Give Me Strength" a couple of years back.
Extreme Honey

Post by Extreme Honey »

And No Coffee Table wrote:No no no... it's EC's ode to Julia Roberts, "She."

Rain Pryor covered "God Give Me Strength" a couple of years back.
Do I ever love that song!!!! So god give me strength....Just beautiful.
However it's limited to Elvis Costello and urt Bacharach. Rain Pryor and go sing his own meaningless garbage :lol: .
Preacher was a talkin' there's a sermon he gave,
He said every man's conscience is vile and depraved,
You cannot depend on it to be your guide
When it's you who must keep it satisfied
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Fuck off you ignoramus... Rain Pryor is a woman.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
verena

Post by verena »

Yeah, Xtreme Oney, looks like you slipped...

And you know, there is a strain in your voice. Perhaps a trace... Of who you used to be (in another mess, the life of Thomasso, that is).

Please don't be offended, by what is just a gentle tease. Certainly I will confess that I have presently, a heavy duty case of Costellhonism to carry about. And mind you my head is all ragged up inside, but... This venture illuminates my nights, so I have no regrets and I continue on, at the cost of my pride. Which was very...
(Is there any dearer kind of price, which one may have to pay, for having chosen to follow, some silly silent call which no one else could hear but you ?)

This little goofy number is dedicated to Ms Double Bluff Duchess Choking on my Pride and Pity !!! :lol:
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

verena wrote:Yeah, Xtreme Oney
Okay Verena, I am coming to doubt your Veritas-- you type in a suspiciously hilarious french accent, and this is not the first example!

Can you be true? I think not. J'accuse!
Extreme Honey

Post by Extreme Honey »

BlueChair wrote:Fuck off you ignoramus... Rain Pryor is a woman.
I misspelled that, I honestly knew that (I'm actually serious!!!) But in any event you shouldn't take it to heart Moderator, you know I misspell on a daily basis. I can even tell you she's an african american jew. And her stage show, "Friend Chicken and Latkes" which is based on her life. However I still holf hostility towards anyone who sings Costello's songs, and personally, I don't give a damn about her and I don't see why or how you would want to jump to her defence...but you are the moderator, so you won this one.

I can take an insult Verena, don't be a coward about it.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Why the hostility though? Elvis has recorded dozens of songs by other artists and we never slag on him for doing so.

I apologize for the language earlier.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
stormwarning

Post by stormwarning »

Blue, are you sure it wasn't just a misspelled moment?
You meant to write "May I just take a moment to correct you" but it came out as "fuck off you ignoramus".

Where's the spell checker when you need one huh ?
Where's North from 'ere?
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

:lol:
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Ahh-- like my favorite story about the guy who complained to his shrink about troublesome Freudian slips, and when asked to elaborate, he gave the example of a meal with his mom, during which he meant to ask, "Could you please pass the butter?" but it accidentally came out, "You ruined my life, you fucking bitch."
verena

Post by verena »

:shock:
Ok, I see why I felt driven back to this addidictive site.

I am so surprised at your questions, Extreme Honey and Selfmademug, that I wonder if you're serious, or just testing (you know, checking if i'am unsecure enough to freak out).

Extreme Honey u said : "Okay Verena, I am coming to doubt your Veritas-- you type in a suspiciously hilarious french accent.
Can you be true? I think not. J'accuse!"

Wow ! I am French, and if I am hilarious that makes me happy, because I didn't know before that I could be, and it seems to be appropriate in this place, which I find deeply interesting and an absolute crack up at the same time.
I joke around based on real feelings and facts, I could invent stories and I should but don't. I prefer to be true, precisely. What makes you believe that I am not ? :?:

Selfmademug u said "I can take an insult Verena, don't be a coward about it."
For Chrissakes, I never wanted to insult you. The case I carry is my own, nobody elses', come on, isnt' that obvious ? What did you feel was an insult ? :?:
(Talking about insults, there are a lot flying around and a good part of them are harmless jokes, or else I am more of a fool than I thought).

I do have doubts about my abilities at coping sensibly with life, but I am certainly not a coward. Even go to great length trying not to be one. I do take the heat when it is called for (jeez, do I !).

You don't trust me on caracter traits which are among my best qualities,
I find this strange. :?
verena

Post by verena »

Err, sorry, I mixed up E. Honey questions and Selfmade's. Beg your pardon for this mess.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

So anyway, about this Songs of Julia...
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
verena

Post by verena »

Extreme Honey, I apologise. My remark about "another mess" was ironical and directed at my own self, but I realise it was obscure and turned out to be offensive. Often here, I start speaking to someone and all of a sudden I am talking to the wall instead. Shall work on improving.

I would not deliberately say hurtful things about someone's hardships or shortcomings in life. My intention was to say that beyond the typing errors, there was bitterness in your comment about some song being " reserved to " EC + Bacharach. I also sensed in it something "ratty" (!
I don't blame you for this).
I was surprised because, wright or wrong, I expected your words to be sweet, Honey. :wink:
Extreme Honey

Post by Extreme Honey »

verena wrote:Extreme Honey, I apologise. My remark about "another mess" was ironical and directed at my own self, but I realise it was obscure and turned out to be offensive. Often here, I start speaking to someone and all of a sudden I am talking to the wall instead. Shall work on improving.

I would not deliberately say hurtful things about someone's hardships or shortcomings in life. My intention was to say that beyond the typing errors, there was bitterness in your comment about some song being " reserved to " EC + Bacharach. I also sensed in it something "ratty" (!
I don't blame you for this).
I was surprised because, wright or wrong, I expected your words to be sweet, Honey. :wink:
Verena, no offence, leave the drama in this board to me. I certainly don't apologize and I certainly don't back down in any manner. Right now I feel pitty and humour, but not any trace of damage caused by you, so relax, take a deep breath, drink some wine and eat some bread and smoke a ciggarette and then go for le nap 8) .
I know you don't mean to harm and I'm not harmed in any way. After all, I'm just a fucking ignoramus. :lol: So are we cool? Good. How's the weather up there??

Blue Chair, I still love you man!! :oops: Even an idiot who can't spell may still feel compasion for his torontonian friend.}
You're right about the Elvis one though, he sang lots of songs from others, but were they ever good selections! (The people's Limousine, Don't let me be misunderstood, They'll never take her love from me).

I sincerely beleive songs of Julia is Juliet Letters though. But I'm open to anything.
verena

Post by verena »

Ex. Honey, yeah we're cool. So cool to hear I can rely on you. So comforting !

So I misinterpreted what was just a spelling mess... Tell ya, I got a spell on ma ! Oh my !!! :roll:

Share your views on the quality of EC's selection of songs penned by others. Except that I don't know them all, only have a small handful of cds. But one thing I can tell, his version of "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" is the one I prefer, even to Ninaaah's (Simone). Isn't that something ?

Fuck the Greek tragedies and Antigotowhere !
lostdog

Post by lostdog »

Extreme Thomasso: Elvis wrote The People's Limousine. With T-Bone Burnett.

And for God's sake, 'pity' only has one 't'.
verena

Post by verena »

May well not be Extreme Honey's fault. No kidding.

Fuck off, Thomasso !!! :lol:
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

verena wrote: Fuck the Greek tragedies and Antigotowhere !
BTW I think you're getting confused with Little Martinet on the Antigonowhere bit...
verena

Post by verena »

Not really, Mug. That was for Little Martinet indeed, in italics, to draw his attention.

If you think I was saying "fuck off" to LM then you got it wrong. LM got it wright, I think. Thanks for for the remark though, I see your point.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

What in the world is this thread about, assuming it's about anything?
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

verena wrote: That was for Little Martinet indeed, in italics, to draw his attention.
You mean HER attention.

I believe this thread is about who can make the least sense...
alexv

Post by alexv »

WSS, I interpret it as an object lesson to parents everywhere, even those who freebase so much that they blow themselves up, not to name their girls after weather phenomena, for the end result will be that the offspring will one day be on record as being unable to correctly name her favorite song by her allegedly favorite artist.

That initial example of muddled thinking will trigger a chain reaction of misunderstandings and sloppy writing on the artist's fan forum's thread, which will lead one moderate canadian to act immoderately towards a fellow canadian, and land a Board jeune fille in a Dreyfussian embroglio, and in exchanges worthy of Fawlty Towers.