Random Thoughts

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

Thanks, guys! I'm not lining them, just doing what feels right. It's amazing how fast sewing goes when your machine is cooperative. If it were a dog, I would give it a little treat and a pat on the head.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

miss buenos aires wrote:Thanks, guys! I'm not lining them, just doing what feels right. It's amazing how fast sewing goes when your machine is cooperative. If it were a dog, I would give it a little treat and a pat on the head.
They are cool little pieces of machinery. My wife has an old Singer that dates from the 1940s. She is very protective of it, 'cause it would be near impossible to replace the parts if they were broken or lost.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

So Lack's only jealous because he can't admit he's in touch with his feminine side.

Why, right now I am wearing a French maid's outfit with black stilettos and am carrying a feather duster. A beautiful image I'm sure you'll agree.

(please don't tell Mrs VG I've been in her wardrobe :wink: ).
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

I do try and sew my seed as often as possible.
signed with love and vicious kisses
verbal gymnastics

I'm looking forward to So Lack's 2000th post. I'm hoping it will be a pearl of wisdom or a special commemorative poem (but not one about any specific board member!).
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

You missed my 3000th! I am pissed! :lol:
Like me, the "g" is silent.
verbal gymnastics

No I didn't! As if I would miss such an occasion MDM :shock: . Although I was a bit miffed not to have a slice of the MDM 3000th Post Commemorative Cake. Or is it still in the post?
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

Yep, it's in the mail. You will know it by its aroma!
miss buenos aires

I recognized an attractive man at the International Center of Photography today, and gave him a hug before I realized that he was *not* a friend of my sister's, as I had assumed when I couldn't place him immediately. He is my parents' downstairs neighbor. We don't have a hugging relationship. I realized my mistake and said, "Go home to your wife and your dog, so I can contextualize you!" (That is a direct quote--often I like to distract people from my beet-red face by saying something borderline rude.) Then his wife walked up, and I had to give her a big hug, too, like, "I hug everybody! Woo!"

That was not the best moment of my day. The best moment of my day was when I got a phone call saying that I had a job! Yay! I start on Wednesday. Editorial Assistant for a publisher that makes books about luxury watches. And no, I can't get you free samples. I am very sorry.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

miss buenos aires wrote:Then his wife walked up, and I had to give her a big hug, too, like, "I hug everybody! Woo!"
:lol: :lol:
then miss buenos aires wrote:That was not the best moment of my day. The best moment of my day was when I got a phone call saying that I had a job! Yay! I start on Wednesday. Editorial Assistant for a publisher that makes books about luxury watches. And no, I can't get you free samples. I am very sorry.
Congratulations on the new gig!
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Well done, and welcome to the wonderful worlkd of publishing! That's a pretty esoteric line! I trust their schedules will all run with tick-tock precision.

The hugging reminds me of Borat kissing the driving instructor. 'I, I'm not used to that, but OK.' Hilarious.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
ice nine

Post by ice nine »

I'm thinking of burning some mix CDs for my own funeral and other funeral related events. Talk about hard. (Don't worry; I hope said funeral isn't any time soon.)

Maybe I'll be lowered to my final resting place as 'Pump It Up' is playing over my Bose speakers that I will instruct the funeral director to place strategically throughout the cemetary.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

Oh, everybody picks Pump It Up! :lol:

I gave much thought to my funeral, but I did ask my husband to cremate me and make sure I'm really dead before he does. Too many horror movies!
verbal gymnastics

miss buenos aires wrote:I recognized an attractive man at the International Center of Photography today, and gave him a hug before I realized that he was *not* a friend of my sister's, as I had assumed when I couldn't place him immediately. He is my parents' downstairs neighbor. We don't have a hugging relationship. I realized my mistake and said, "Go home to your wife and your dog, so I can contextualize you!" (That is a direct quote--often I like to distract people from my beet-red face by saying something borderline rude.) Then his wife walked up, and I had to give her a big hug, too, like, "I hug everybody! Woo!"
Brilliant! I wish I'd seen this. Or even been the recipient of the hug. I could imagine Mrs VG's face. I seem to bump into people that I know wherever I go in the world. Mrs VG would be "Not again!" :lol:
miss buenos aires wrote:That was not the best moment of my day.
I'm pleased to hear it!
miss buenos aires wrote: The best moment of my day was when I got a phone call saying that I had a job! Yay! I start on Wednesday. Editorial Assistant for a publisher that makes books about luxury watches.
How do you define a luxury watch?

Good luck for Wednesday MBA.
verbal gymnastics

mood swung wrote:Yep, it's in the mail. You will know it by its aroma!
It arrived today - the cream was a bit off. I ate it anyway. :lol:
miss buenos aires

verbal gymnastics wrote:How do you define a luxury watch?
One book features watches that cost $1,000 to $50,000, and the other features watches that cost more than $50,000. You know, luxury.
verbal gymnastics wrote:Good luck for Wednesday MBA.
Thanks!
Goody2Shoes

Post by Goody2Shoes »

miss buenos aires wrote:I recognized an attractive man at the International Center of Photography today, and gave him a hug before I realized that he was *not* a friend of my sister's, as I had assumed when I couldn't place him immediately.
I cringe in sympathy, Ms. BA, as I can relate. I once groped a man I thought was my husband. I mean, like seriously groped, in a very personal way. And I whispered some very filthy things in his ear. I have really never gotten over it. My victim probably hasn't, either.
It's a radiation vibe I'm groovin' on
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

On Saturday night, Red and I met a friend of a friend who bears an uncanny resemblance to another one of our friends. It literally could have been one of those "separated at birth" scenarios. Has anybody else experienced this?
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

BlueChair wrote:On Saturday night, Red and I met a friend of a friend who bears an uncanny resemblance to another one of our friends. It literally could have been one of those "separated at birth" scenarios. Has anybody else experienced this?
It usually turns out that they are actually the same person living in parallel universes.
signed with love and vicious kisses
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

Clones. They're everywhere.
oily slick

Post by oily slick »

the bastards.
I'm not concerned about the very poor.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Goody2Shoes wrote:I cringe in sympathy, Ms. BA, as I can relate. I once groped a man I thought was my husband. I mean, like seriously groped, in a very personal way. And I whispered some very filthy things in his ear. I have really never gotten over it. My victim probably hasn't, either.
He probably died and thought he'd gone to heaven (which thought reminds me of the stat that something like 9 out of 10 men fantasise over a woman coming up and doing something like this, or at least making a direct offer of making jiggy-jig, or would say yes to such an offer, and it was 1 out of 10 for women). Where and how did this happen? Reminds me of that scene in Body Heat.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
verbal gymnastics

Goody2Shoes wrote:I once groped a man I thought was my husband. I mean, like seriously groped, in a very personal way. And I whispered some very filthy things in his ear. I have really never gotten over it. My victim probably hasn't, either.
I quite enjoyed it actually :wink: Well, more than "quite" to be honest...
BlueChair wrote:On Saturday night, Red and I met a friend of a friend who bears an uncanny resemblance to another one of our friends. It literally could have been one of those "separated at birth" scenarios. Has anybody else experienced this?
Keeping in with the current discussion, did either you or Red grope this friend intimately and suggest sexual favours?
so lacklustre wrote:It usually turns out that they are actually the same person living in parallel universes.
Sometimes they're parallel people living in the same universe.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Who the hell thought it was a good idea for Paris Hilton to have a music video?
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

Well, with that vow of celibacy, she's got a lot of time on her hands.