Predictions for Tonight's Show at the Beacon

Pretty self-explanatory
normabuel

Predictions for Tonight's Show at the Beacon

Post by normabuel »

I predict EC and the Imposters WILL NOT play Riot Act, continuning the unbroken streak of him never having played it at any show I have ever seen him do, going back to the Punch the Clock tour.

Anyone have any other predictions?

Does anyone think the Ray Nathanson horns will appear? I don't.
//I can't forgive you for things you haven't done yet
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

I doubt we'll see the horns again, but I would love it if we got some sort of special guest appearance. EC tends to throw some curveballs when he plays New York, so I have my fingers crossed.

I wanna hear some stuff from King of America. I don't think he played a single tune off that album the three times I saw him in 2003.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
sabreman

Post by sabreman »

I wonder if DH will play this show or no practice gig?
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Surprise was Hubert Sumlin playing one tune with the band - sorry it's late and I can't remember the name. Very nice two hour set, ending on the dot at 11. Highlights for me: A beautiful version of "Poisoned Rose", a terrific "Chelsea", "The Delivery Man" and "Country Darkness". Steve Nieve at his best, EC's voice sounding a bit taxed on occasion but still up to the task. Idiots galore in the crowd (as usual in NY) - one moron in particular dissing Sondre Lerche in the men's room without having bothered to even take his seat and give the guy a chance. I felt like clocking him.

Night night.
normabuel

Post by normabuel »

Who Shot, you WIN! Hubert Sumlin, Our Little Angel and *wow* Poisoned Rose.

If you look at the Beacon show review thread you will see an image of the proposed setlist. He had planned on ALSO doing Suit of Lights. So, you ALMOST got your wish for KOA material time 3!
//I can't forgive you for things you haven't done yet
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Yeah, it was a great show. Just wish these Beacon gigs would run a little longer. Can't wait to get my KoA reissue now.