Steve Nieve
72%
Pete Thomas
24%

Total votes: 25

mood swung

Who's Your Favorite Imposter?

Post by mood swung »

Something to pass the time today. It's a toss-up between Steve and Pete for me, but I'll choose Pete just 'cos. I almost made a pin-up out of his Sirius ad, but I thought my husband might take it the wrong way. So, which one floats your boat? And why?
Like me, the "g" is silent.
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Gotta be Pete for me, definitely. Drummers are just the sexiest to me, and Pete, well... sigh.

Plus there's no way I'd fight Bunny for Steve!!
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

if bunny gets steve, she can have steve.

but everyone could use groupies. i'll be one for steve nieve.

i've always had a soft spot for rock piano, and the guy playing it.
... name the stars and constellations,
count the cars and watch the seasons....
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Steve
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Steve - his playing is just awesome, and he doesnt give a damn!
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
pip_52

Post by pip_52 »

Im picking Steve . . .

I remember at the show in Nashville last fall I took a (an absurdly funny) picture of him with my friend Paul. Then a few minutes later I turned around and he was standing right behind me so I said "Steve!" . . . and he turned around and looked at me and only then did I realize that I had nothing else to say. So I held out my hand and he shook it and went on with his life. I felt like such a goob . . .

Pete was really nice though too . . .
Goody2Shoes

Post by Goody2Shoes »

I like Pete a lot, because he's tall, and I like 'em tall. Also, I like how he always appears to be singing along--looks like he enjoys his work.

I like Davey a lot, because he seems to have effortlessly fit into a group of people with quite a history together, which I would imagine would be a bit intimidating. Of course, perhaps it is easier to fit in when you don't have a history....

But I chose Steve, because I like piano geeks. I was once an aspiring piano geek myself, until I realized I have no talent. And the picure on the sleeve of 'Cruel Smile'....so nice.
It's a radiation vibe I'm groovin' on
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Pete is a great drummer, but it has to be Steve cos he adds so much to live shows.
signed with love and vicious kisses
Watching_Detectives

Post by Watching_Detectives »

Steve, because I like how he moves around, and he is a freaking amazing musician.
It nearly took a mircacle to get you to stay
It only took my little finger to blow you away.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Ever ask your mum and dad ''which of us do you love more? me or my sister?''

Now I know how they felt...

Choosing the 'professor' simply because the man is a genius musician, and adds so much to the show...that aerial thingy he puts his hand on to make the cool sounds!!!!
BUT.... I have to stick up for Pete and Davey...Pete the most dependable drummer in modern rocknroll music? And Davey looked so effortlessly cool in his big white suit at the Vegas show!

:twisted:
PlaythingOrPet

Post by PlaythingOrPet »

selfmademug wrote:Plus there's no way I'd fight Bunny for Steve!!
Yes, a wise decision, Mug!

Steve's so fucking cool and talented. Ooooh, I could watch him twiddle with his Vox Continental all night.....*sigh*
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

The aerial thingy is called a theremin. Steve plays it very well.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
oily slick

Post by oily slick »

i like aerial thingy better. or maybe aerial gadget. i had to vote for steve cause he is so much a part of the real endeavor and without him it is just a different elvis world, an almost unimaginable one. pete however almost wins it simply from the drumming on the hollywood high lipstick vogue. do you think he can still play that fast?
I'm not concerned about the very poor.
bobster

Post by bobster »

Poor Davey -- Zero votes! Oh, well, he's got a lot of catching up to do, I suppose.

And only 25% for Pete! I voted for Steve, but it should be more evenly matched. The guy is really amazing.

Still, piano heroes are all too rare in rock (it's basically him and Ben Folds...I'm not sure I want to consider Elton John and Billy Joel, though they're not ALL bad...just so much baggage there and they don't play like heroes, if you know what Imean).

Let's hear for the king of the keyboard jungle!
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

I love Pete, but Steve gets my vote.

Davey is okay.. nothing special.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

BlueChair wrote:Davey is okay.. nothing special.
He's a nice bloke to chat to. But musically he's on a different planet to "the future of the four strings...the one and only Mr Bruce Thomas".

For me it's Steve. I reckon even Elvis would have to agree with that!
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

I picked Steve because he is totally amazing (laughingcrow put it well) but I don't want to slight Pete and Davey because i love them too.
I really don't know that much about Pete. And Davey is just so cool. When I saw them in Philly, he just stood there in the same spot just doin his thing.
It was great.
I'm not angry anymore....
whtesde

Post by whtesde »

Pete wins! At least for me.

I think Steve Nieve is a phenomenal musician, but I think he'll do well enough without my vote. And Davey Faragher hasn't trod the boards as an Imposter long enough for me to make a firm decision. Although I've been pondering making him my fantasy boyfriend after August's Boston show. Not that I'd say that out loud or anything, though.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

so, who voted for Davey? where's this one-person fan club? I'm going back to the 5 men any Sweet Potato Queen needs in her life and I'll take EC and the Imposters, plus the old man. Divorce can be so messy. Would someone let them know? I'll expect them on Sunday.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

I reckon Davey must have logged in and voted for himself....

:twisted:
sulkygirl
Location: The Absolute Armpit of the USA--Yakima, Washington (***cough***)

Post by sulkygirl »

mood swung wrote:so, who voted for Davey? where's this one-person fan club? I'm going back to the 5 men any Sweet Potato Queen needs in her life and I'll take EC and the Imposters, plus the old man. Divorce can be so messy. Would someone let them know? I'll expect them on Sunday.
The one person fan club would be me, Mood (didn't have time to add commentary yesterday). Not only does he work well with the remaining members of the Attractions but, well...

I usually have a tendency to root for the Underdog!!
"Love can be stranger than fiction..."