Warren Zevon to be on VH1

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
bambooneedle

Warren Zevon to be on VH1

Post by bambooneedle »

I may see this eventually as I don't get VH1. This appeared on a Springsteen site.

"Inside Out: Warren Zevon" debuts on VH1 on August 24, chronicling Zevon's struggle to complete his forthcoming album, The Wind. Springsteen guests on the record, due August 26, and will appear in the "Inside Out" program as well.
Last edited by bambooneedle on Sun Jul 27, 2003 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Also guesting on the forthcoming album are Tom Petty, Dwight Yoakam, The Eagles, Billy Bob Thornton, Ry Cooder, Jim Keltner, Tommy Shaw, Randy Mitchell, Brad Davis, Jackson Browne, John Waite, Black Crowes drummer Steve Gorman, David Lindley, Luis Conte, Timothy B. Schmit, T-Bone Burnett, son Jordan Zevon, James Raymond, Mike Campbell, Emmylou Harris, Gil Bernal, and Joe Walsh.
bobster

Post by bobster »

And hear he was saying his only goal was to live long enough to see the last James Bond movie.

You gotta admire Mr. Zevon....
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

time to resurrect this.

I just saw on Amazon that his new album will be available 8/26. That's probably old news here, but here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... c&n=465672

***duh. that evelyn wood sped redin course didn't quite take--completely missed that Bambooneedle already mentioned this part. no, wait, I was too busy marking my calendar! that's the ticket!
Last edited by mood swung on Fri Aug 15, 2003 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
Uncomplicated

Post by Uncomplicated »

This is GREAT news! Thanks.

I've been soooooo busy!

I miss you guys! :D

Unc!
It's in your eyes..... It's in your eyes.....
mood swung

and we thought you were dead...

Post by mood swung »

Unc, I'm glad to see ya! It's strange--I was thinking of all the people who kind of disappeared lately and while sitting here bored at work, I started making up stories to cover their absences...and then they all started showing back up!

One started out like this--Jackson Doofster, after discovering that the future of the free world depended upon the implantation of many slabs in his garden, quit his job. In a scene straight out of Close Encounters of the Third Kind, his wife and children grew distraught at his obsessive slab laying--they're frightened for their lives. If Jacks starts hearing rocket building instructions from his soup, Mrs. Doof is out of there. 8)

Yours, Unc, was unmentionable.

I'm outta here now.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
Uncomplicated

Post by Uncomplicated »

:lol:
It's in your eyes..... It's in your eyes.....
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

The reviews are universal in gushing over The Wind as one of WZ's top albums. I can't wait!