Pretty self-explanatory
johnfoyle

Vote for Elvis in Grammy poll

Post by johnfoyle »

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6902613/

By Ree Hines and Helen A.S. Popkin
MSNBC contributor
Updated: 7:08 p.m. ET Feb. 2, 2005

This story includes a link to a vote for each category ( no registering required) ; Elvis needs votes ( if only to spite these pundits who don't like the album) - only 2 so far! - so get clicking!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ROCK ALBUM
“The Delivery Man,” Elvis Costello and the Imposters
“American Idiot,” Green Day
“The Reason,” Hoobastank
“Hot Fuss,” The Killers
“Contraband,” Velvet Revolver

Helen’s take: This is such a dude-occupied category. Why P.J. Harvey (nominated in other categories) can’t get in here, or LeTigre (nominated for nothing), or even, bless her, Courtney Love, is a darn shame. As for the boys who are nominated…

Elvis Costello should have won a Grammy for Best New Artist when he was nominated in 1983 ( ????? - J.F.) but he sure doesn’t deserve Rock Album now. This twangy concept LP almost belongs in the Country category. Other aging punk rockers, Green Day, do a better job with their own blue state rock opera, “American Idiot” and it’s certainly more solid than anything else here. As for the other contenders, Hoobastank exudes more rock station white noise with “Reason.” Guns n’ Roses/Stone Temple Pilots hybrid Velvet Revolver belongs on “VH1 Behind the Music,” not an awards ballot. The Killers are Duran Duran for the next generation, and I mean that in the best way possible. “Hot Fuss” is so joyously ridiculous, I make The Killers my dark horse pick to win.

Ree’s take: Dude-centric, indeed. Newsflash to the Grammys: Chicks rock. It’s not just a cute phrase plastered on the front of girlie-tees. In a year with air-guitar-worthy tracks from the ladies listed above, this assortment is an embarrassment. Why is Hoobastank wasting perfectly good space here? For Hoobastank I channel my inner-granddad: you call that music?! And nominating Elvis Costello 20 years after his most relevant work? The man’s got one foot in the Lifetime Achievement award. I agree that The Killers would make a worthy dark horse win, but it seems this one is a giveaway. It’s all wrapped up with a big ugly bow and tag that says “to Green Day, with love.”
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

If you want to do multiple voting in this poll, you have to delete your cookies from from your internet properties, since it only allows one vote per ip address. Of course none of you will do that since it would be unethical and call into question the integrity of this important poll.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

the Best New Artist category is such a joke. It should be "Best Artist That's Been Around For A Few Years But The Record Executives Are Only Now Discovering"
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://home.hamptonroads.com/stories/st ... ran=206300

Vote for best pop vocalist, album, group in this link ; Elvis is up for his Lets Misbehave song. Get voting - he's being beaten by Josh Groban !

Let's Misbehave - Elvis Costello
18.75%

You Raise Me Up - Josh Groban
43.75%

Daughters - John Mayer
12.5%

Cinnamon Girl - Prince
12.5%

Love's Divine - Seal
12.5%

Total: 16 votes

Related

http://home.hamptonroads.com/stories/st ... ran=179509

What's your vote for Best Rock Performance?

Monkey to Man - Elvis Costello
8.33%

Take Me Out - Franz Ferdinand
20.83%

American Idiot - Green Day
45.83%

Somebody Told Me - The Killers
4.17%

Vetigo - U2
20.83%

Total: 24 votes

What's your vote for Best Rock Album?

The Delivery Man - Elvis Costello
12.5%

American Idiot - Green Day
18.75%

The Reason - Hoobastank
31.25%

Hot Fuss - The Killers
6.25%

Contraband - Velvet Revolver
31.25%

Total: 16 votes
DrSpooky
Site Admin

Post by DrSpooky »

Vote folks. EC is moving up. :)

Let's Misbehave - Elvis Costello 26.32%
You Raise Me Up - Josh Groban 36.84%
Daughters - John Mayer 10.53%
Cinnamon Girl - Prince 15.79%
Love's Divine - Seal 10.53%

Total: 19 votes
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Not to sound nasty, but as these results do not determine the winners at the Grammys, who cares?
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
LessThanZero

But I'll probably watch the Grammy's anyway. I am such a hy

Post by LessThanZero »

Let's Misbehave is nothing special. I really don't like these idiots, American and other, talking about EC like this....one foot in the lifetime achievement....he's got BOTH FEET in, he's done more in the last 25 than any of these people have done in their lifetimes...I have no right to be waking up on the wrong side of the bed...maybe my life is too good, that I'm getting upset about this kind of stuff....I've been a sadist lately just to kill the time...
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.