EC Website Presales

Pretty self-explanatory
normabuel

EC Website Presales

Post by normabuel »

Does anyone have an opinion on how good are the seats made available for the EC website presales?

I recall getting some not-so-good seats from these presales for the Beacon WIWC shows and (I think) the North show at Town Hall.

(On the other hand, I scored two sets of first row center seats for the first two Avery Fischer Hall gigs.)
//I can't forgive you for things you haven't done yet
Dr. Luther

Post by Dr. Luther »

It seems to be a fairly poor system, technically.

I got in exactly at start time for the Oakland show, and immediately it was shown as "Presale Sold Out".

I got pissed (off), took a little walk around the house to blow off steam, checked back at about 5-7 minutes after the sale started, and got 2 tix for 3rd row balcony. (Not great, but acceptable...)

Then jumped in the shower to go to work, checked back again -- now a full 45 minutes after start of presale -- and nailed 2 tix 4th row, almost dead center.

Went to work, got home a full 15 hours after start of presale and they had 1st row balcony, dead center, available.

It seems that the system gets overloaded initially.

As for the great tickets available 15 hours after the fact: possibly returns, or something re-entered into the system.

Hard to figure...