"F****n' Bob!!"

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
sulkygirl
Location: The Absolute Armpit of the USA--Yakima, Washington (***cough***)

"F****n' Bob!!"

Post by sulkygirl »

It's killin' me, folks...

Who was the person that posted they had taken on "Fuckin' Bob!" as their new personal epithet?? Told hubby about it, he was upset at first ("You posted my picture?? You told 'em about my nickname?"), until he realized that, Hey!! He's become [literally] a household name!! Thought it was Doof, couldn't find it, just want to re-assure m'man that it's all in good fun (and, as I explained to him, a better alternative than Jesus Christ!!). Same pentameter, but NOT taking the Lord's name in vain, ya know.

Thread listing, please!!

Will unstick ASAP.
Last edited by sulkygirl on Tue Jul 22, 2003 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Love can be stranger than fiction..."
Jackson Doofster

Post by Jackson Doofster »

i don't know whether I should be proud that i am always 'chief suspect' or not!

Not me Sulky :)
"But they can't hold a candle to the reciprical war crimes which have plagued our policy of foriegn affairs."
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

oily slick wrote:mr average is older than me. and by the way, i've started using "fucking bob" as an exclamation of displeasure. i shut my hand in a door the other day and i hollared "FUCKING BOB". i hope you don't mind, although i don't think this is good and i'll try to stop it.
bobster

Post by bobster »

I'm not sure how I feel about this....

Okay, I've decided. I'm mad about it. Emoticon mad. :x :x :x

That's very mad.

F'*&*^'n Bob(ster)!
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
sulkygirl

Post by sulkygirl »

Don't be mad, Bobster, we're NOT referring to "bob's" in general, just my hubby's long-time nickname (he had the moniker LONG before I even met him).
bobster

Post by bobster »

But, you see, we Bobs are like an international brotherhood. Mess with one, you mess with us all.

Soon, we will all become meld our minds into one giant Bob-consciousness upon the physical death of ur-Bob, Bob Hope. Our first acts will be the destruction of all Weapons of Mass Destruction and a new "Road" picture.
A rope leash

I know Bob.

Post by A rope leash »

I know a fellow whose name actually is"Bobby". It's what his mother named him, and it's on the birth certificate. Helluva guy.
bobster

Post by bobster »

Though my birth certificate says "Robert," I am, it must be said, a recovering "Bobby." I dropped the name at age 12, yet there are still people in the world who call me that. Soon, the assasins will be mobilized.
sulkygirl

Post by sulkygirl »

Rope -- The legal moniker of "Bobby" (as opposed to 'Robert') doesn't really suprise me. My mom is, officially "Bettie Jean", NOT the average "Betty", or the more formal "Elizabeth" (remember, we're talking Arkansas here, my friends).

And I have NEVER HEARD ANYONE call my husband other than "Bob" (or F.B., depending on the situation). Not even his own mother, and not even when she's really PISSED!.

:roll:
Last edited by sulkygirl on Wed Jul 23, 2003 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tim(e)

Post by Tim(e) »

I thought this thread must have been a reference to JR "Bob" Dobbs... oh well.
Goody2Shoes

Re: I know Bob.

Post by Goody2Shoes »

A rope leash wrote:I know a fellow whose name actually is"Bobby". It's what his mother named him, and it's on the birth certificate. Helluva guy.
I also know a Bobby-on-the-birth-certificate! And he is a helluva guy! And he's from your neck of the woods, Rope. His wife calls him Bob, though. I have also heard her call him Fuckin' Bob, but only when she's mad.
It's a radiation vibe I'm groovin' on
A rope leash

Not Robert

Post by A rope leash »

My friend's mother is the only one allowed to call him "Bobby". When he hears that, he's in trouble.

If you call him Robert, prepare for an arguement and possible wager, which will conclude with Bobby pulling out a folded copy of his birth certificate...