THE LAST THING EVER WRITTEN by John Lennon

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
johnfoyle

THE LAST THING EVER WRITTEN by John Lennon

Post by johnfoyle »

A bit sad , I know , but -

http://www.momentsintime.com/

On his way out of the RECORD PLANT ca.1035 pm on the night of December 9, 1980, Rabiah Vincent, the switchboard operator, asked John Lennon for an autograph.15 minutes later, he was murdered. This incredible find is without question, the last thing that Lennon ever wrote & signed and as such is a remarkable discovery.
The DOUBLE FANTASY album signed for mark Chapman was done at 5pm, on Lennon's way to the studio. heretofore, it was thought to be the final autograph.
MOMENTS IN TIME is honored to be the purveyor of this extraordinary piece of history.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

That autograph conveys the sense of humour and youth that Lennon retained through much of his adult life.

I was not alive when John Lennon was assassinated, so I can only reflect on it from a distance. But I do know that Lennon was a great force, as a person and as a musician, and when he died he left a void that has never been filled.

Often people like to write-off his solo career, as with the rest of the Beatles. For me, Lennon's solo career contains some phenomenal achievements. Who knows what he could have contributed to the 80's, 90's, and 00's.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

Those Moments In Time guys strike me as odd. They were once selling the album Lennon signed for Chapman and an erased tape of a Beatles session in LA in 1976 (!).

It worries me that BC was born in the 80's. So young, so wise! I've got to come to terms with my age (spiralling to my 30's) which, yes, I realise isn't old at all.

DrJ
Tlentifini Maarhaysu
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

DrJ, take comfort in the fact that your CD collection is proportionately larger than mine :D

But yes, I was born a little less than five months after Lennon was murdered.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

oh gods.

once again i feel old.

tks BC, tks LOADS.

:)

December 9, 1980, i was laying in bed awaiting the playing of Double Fantasy on the radio. It was going to be spun at midnight. December 10 1980 was my 16th birthday.

I woke up my mom that night. She told me to go back to bed. I'm sure I cried myself to sleep, but I don't remember.

9 years later I had graduated college, moved far from home, and my mother was winding down her life in hospital. I was soon to go on my first date with my eventual husband.

time is fleeting. enjoy it while it's here.

and tonight i'm listening to trust, and cataloging books left by a dear friend when she went off the deep end. she's survived this bout, but has moved far away, and couldn't take all her books with her. so far i've gotten 130 books tallied. i'm a little over 1/2 way there.

you guys end up being my test run for live journal. congratulations. :)
... name the stars and constellations,
count the cars and watch the seasons....