Celebrity spot!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Gillibeanz

Celebrity spot!

Post by Gillibeanz »

We were driving along the M5 when I saw a silver car (dont ask me what kind cos im no good at cars) and the number plate was 'Timmy M'- and there driving it was Timmy Mallet!!! I got all excited! I used to watch Wackaday with my daughter (who is now 23) and we would send in pictures trying to win prizes which we never did! Sad or wot?? :lol:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

A quick net search gives our foreign chums a visual representation of MrMallett...

Weeeeeee'reeeeeeeeeeee WIDE AWAKE!

Although this is funnier....

DrJ
Tlentifini Maarhaysu
oily slick

Post by oily slick »

you guys is so cultured over there.
I'm not concerned about the very poor.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

You should have rammed him. Timmy M indeed.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
oily slick

Post by oily slick »

i kind of like him. my 3 year old just walked by and looked at the top photo and said "that's cool." then he said he has a "stick buddy" in reference to the thing in his hand. ("stick buddy" is a line from a spongebob episode, but never the mind) what does timmy mallet or mallett do?
Last edited by oily slick on Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not concerned about the very poor.
clairequilty

Post by clairequilty »

You idiot!!!

You saw Sir Elton!
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

He runs around making a vile sound and being stunningly tedious, or used to, when someone was foolish enough to put him on TV as a kids TV presenter. Your 3 year old would just feel upset if exposed to this, Oily.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Mrs VG went to Southampton University and they had an anniversary ball last year where Timmy Mallett was there. I think it was because he was at the height of his "fame" around the time Mrs VG and her crowd were at Uni.

Anyway Mrs VG and her mates all got drunk, had their pictures taken with him and got autographs. What is the world coming to? :?

He still does his Wacaday stuff. Funny way for a grown man to earn a living. Even worse that people pay to see him! :roll:

And Gilli, much as I love you, calling Timmy Mallett a celebrity really is not on!
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

I bet whatever Mallett was driving, it was more expensive then anything driven by any of us. If he gets £10,000 for a PA in front of some drunk students who want to relive the Saturday mornings of their youth, then good luck to him, more power to his elbow etc.

As a side note I saw Spongebob Squarepants for the first time yesterday and it's quite charming. Had a nice lesson for the kids that it's a waste of time wanting to be employee of the month.

DrJ
Tlentifini Maarhaysu
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

DrJ wrote:As a side note I saw Spongebob Squarepants for the first time yesterday and it's quite charming. Had a nice lesson for the kids that it's a waste of time wanting to be employee of the month.

DrJ
What about for us adults? Employee of the Month is very important to me!
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

He was John Lydon's stand-in on Im a Celebrity get me outta here...

I wonder if he still hangs around with Magic the Parakeet?