Larry Sanders Show

Pretty self-explanatory
ice nine

Larry Sanders Show

Post by ice nine »

In this episode, Elvis comes in to do the show and everyone tells him what big fans they are of his, but when Elvis and the Attractions are performing '13 Steps Lead Down' Larry, Hank, and Arthur are fighting off stage and not listening. After the taping of the show Elvis shuts himself in his dressing room. He finally opens the dressingroom door and abruptly leaves. Arthur and Larry go into the dressing room to discover that Elvis has trashed the place.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

When/Where?
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

Lost in reruns.

You can syndicate anything you want! I TOLD YOU SO!
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.
ice nine

Post by ice nine »

Sorry Blue. I should have given details. The syndicated show was run on the Fox affiliate here in Pittsburgh earlier this evening.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain
Misha

Post by Misha »

Ice,

Thanks for the heads up. AMAZINGLY enough, on Sunday, there it was on my tv....I hit the remote reaching for something and it went to the show, I checked the description and it was the right one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I probably should have played the lottery yesterday!!

I got it on tape thanks to you!
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Elvis' acting (as ever) leaves a lot to be desired though doesn't it? Still, any live footage of EC and the A's is to be welcomed!
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
costellopunk

Post by costellopunk »

i think i've mentioned that this episode of larry sanders is what got me into ec. i've got it on tape around here somewhere. i'd never been so completely impressed by a singer in my life.
-it takes a long time but god dies too/but not before he sticks it to you-
martinfoyle

Re: Larry Sanders Show

Post by martinfoyle »

ice nine wrote:In this episode, Elvis comes in to do the show and everyone tells him what big fans they are of his, but when Elvis and the Attractions are performing '13 Steps Lead Down' Larry, Hank, and Arthur are fighting off stage and not listening. After the taping of the show Elvis shuts himself in his dressing room. He finally opens the dressingroom door and abruptly leaves. Arthur and Larry go into the dressing room to discover that Elvis has trashed the place.
From imdb,
http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0004845/
here are details of this appearance
-"Larry Sanders Show, The" (1992) playing "Himself" in episode: "People's Choice" (episode # 3.5) 20 July 1994
PlaythingOrPet

Post by PlaythingOrPet »

What did he do on Jim'll Fix It? Haha, I'd love to see that episode. All hail the creepy Savilemeister, smoking his cigar in front of the children. Let's see if I can remember the tune...

"Your letter was only the start of it, one letter and now you're a part of it, Jim has fixed it for you and you...

do doo doo *come on everybody, sing along*

There must be something that you always want to do, the one thing that you always wanted to

Now you've done it, Jim has fixed it for you and you and you and you-oo-oou"

Oh my god, I remember all of the words! Ahh, grrreat times.
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

He, Glenn Tillbrook & The Attractions did From A Whisper To A Scream. Hard to fathom, back then EC was a bona fide popstar who was worthy of such treatment. As he gently settles in to the Nanoose state of mind it must all seem like a strange dream.
PlaythingOrPet

Post by PlaythingOrPet »

A little bit o'detective work came up with this:

Jim’ll Fix It
March 7, 1981

Glenn Tilbrook is a special guest of Elvis and the A’s as they act out "From a Whisper to A Scream." A lucky youngster gets to be a roadie for the band and helps Elvis with his gear. During the alternate take of this song, the young roadie also gets to spend some time on the soundboard and receives a laminate "Access All Area" pass along with an official tour jacket presented to him by Costello himself. As for the song, it is rocked up a bit and it’s good to see Glenn add some variety to the many TV appearances thus far. It’s a tad strange to see Elvis strumming an acoustic on this track which relies so heavily on electric guitars, but that’s the point, isn’t it?

All the kid wanted was the sex and drugs and rock and roll, not to be Elvis' skivvy.

http://www.btinternet.com/~perrymp/bb/docs/bb15uktv.htm
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

PlaythingOrPet wrote:All the kid wanted was the sex and drugs and rock and roll, not to be Elvis' skivvy.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
johnfoyle

Re: Larry Sanders Show

Post by johnfoyle »

Looking for Larry Sanders/Gary Shandling coverage and I stumble on this perspicacious discussion from 2003 of the monster that was Jimmy Saville .