Pete Thomas Drum Kit and Cymbals

Post offers for legally distributable EC music, memorabilia, tickets, etc.
Lobster_8th

Pete Thomas Drum Kit and Cymbals

Post by Lobster_8th »

Hello everybody :)

I’m hoping I could get some help from you lovely lot.

I’ve got an old Tama Granstar drum kit, and a whole bunch of Zildjian cymbals that were once owned by Pete Thomas, and I’m looking to find them a good home.

I’ve been thinking about putting them all on eBay, but I’d quite like them to go to someone - maybe a collector or museum - that can really appreciate the history behind them. Maybe even somewhere they will be on display so they can be shared, or even a tribute band so they can carry on being played as they should.

Im not sure how I would go about finding them their own little Nirvana, so I would love it if any of you could point me in the right direction.

Thanks
James
Charles

Re: Pete Thomas Drum Kit and Cymbals

Post by Charles »

What’s the story as to how you came upon owning these and its authenticity? How about some pictures and details about what all is included? Thanks
Lobster_8th

Post by Lobster_8th »

Charles wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:53 pm What’s the story as to how you came upon owning these and its authenticity? How about some pictures and details about what all is included? Thanks
Hi Charles, thanks for the reply.

Pete used to live next door to my mother’s best friend, so when I was growing up, we’d often spend time together- the three families. (About 20 years ago I think)
Several years after he moved to USA, my mum was helping him clear out his london house for sale. The cymbals and drum kit were there, he knew I was learning to play the drums so he gifted them to me. I’m assuming he had an abundance of cymbals and kits.

There’s no signatures or authenticity that I know of. Just a genuine story.

I don’t have pictures of the Granstar kit, but I will get some and post them up. It’s a gun metal grey, 5 piece kit, with a (maybe 50’s) Gretsh snare.

Ive had them cymbals identified and valued.
I would post pictures of the cymbals but I’m not entirely sure how 😂.

Cymbals are as follows:

22” Zildjian Avedis hollow logo ride
Vintage

22” Zildjian K ride

20” Zildjian Amir ride

Paiste 20” Formula 602 Ride

20” Zildjian K heavy Ride not vintage

20” Zildjian scimitar bronze

16” Zildjian Avedis thin crash

14” Zildjian Avedis 70s hollow logo, new beat hi-hats

10” Roscoe splash

10” Zildjian Avedis Special Recording hi-hat (bottom only)

I’ll get some pictures of the Kit, and figure out how to post photos - I’ve got a lot of the cymbals.

Please let me know if you’ve got any ideas.

Thanks
James
Charles

Post by Charles »

DM sent!
Teresa the Waitress

Post by Teresa the Waitress »

If not sold, you could post of Facebook on the Elvis Costello Music and Art page, am sure plenty would be interested.