And my next concert will be.....

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Gillibeanz

And my next concert will be.....

Post by Gillibeanz »

MADNESS!! Just booked tickets for myself, partner my 14 year old son and sister as a treat to see them at Wembley in December and I cant wait!! Should be one hell of a show by all accounts.

The Madness boys all come from my local area where I was born and we often saw them around. My son has been a big fan for a long time and its his first time at a live gig so im hoping the nutty boys will blow him away!
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

...as mentioned eldewhere I'm off to see the Beautiful South (partners choice) in November and Paul Weller in Decembber.

Last Sunday we went to see Dexy's, but were slightly disappointed with the length and the set list. The sound, atmosphere and the band etc. were excellent but just felt as though something was missing. All the songs have been rearranged to a slower and very mellow beat, and although this was okay it limited what they could do. They also did a straight cover of Nightshift, although it may be a tribute to some of KR's favourite singers it is a pretty naff track (imho).
signed with love and vicious kisses
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

David fricken Bowie!!!!!!! December 12th.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Elvis Costello - Bournemouth in November 8) and Blur in December.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Actually I forgot I'm going to see Tchaikovsky performed by the Toronto Symphony Orchestra tomorrow :D
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Nothing planned yet. Probably EC in the spring, on his next visit to New York. And I am going to see Radiohead the next time they are here - don't care where they play or how much it costs!
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

EC this weekend!!! He's not even playing in Copenhagen, but out in the sticks.....but it should be good........
I'd never leave the house if I had a Gimp
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

Hopefully I'll get my hands on tickets to see the Decemberists tomorrow.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

VERBAL/COPE: You lucky sods! I wish I was! :(
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
verbal gymnastics

Gillibeanz wrote:VERBAL/COPE: You lucky sods! I wish I was! :(
But you can Gilli, you can... :)
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

Emmylou Harris and Buddy Miller at the Gaiety here in Dublin, Nov 23(I think). Great seats, beautiful theatre, great sound. Emmylou loves playing Dublin(unlike....), Buddy will be the icing on the cake.
HungupStrungup

next April?

Post by HungupStrungup »

I haven't bought tickets yet, but King Crimson next month is quite likely.

The only other definite (already booked) is David Byrne with Caetano Veloso at Carnegie Hall in April.
"But it's a dangerous game that comedy plays
Sometimes it tells you the truth
Sometimes it delays it"
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

VERBAL: Nahhh I can't - and even if I could all the best seats would be gone by now. :( I know ive spend a mint on the Madness tickets for December but my partner wanted to go and I wanted to treat him and my son and sister (particularly my sister who is a one parent family and never gets to go anywhere much). Besides the Elvis gig would have been a bit samey after only a couple of weeks - and him not being a big Elvis fan nor liking the new album at all it wouldn't have gone down well.

I'll hopefully catch Elvis in the new year if he retours, by then i can justify it!. :D
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
tart

Post by tart »

Looks like it'll be David Bowie on Dec 16 maybe the 15th also.Hopefully something else will pop up before then.A month and a half feels like a long time to go without some live music.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Daniel Lanois in Dublin this Thurs.(Oct.30) at The Olympia , followed by The Tindersticks at the same venue the day after. Next week I go to London to see Ralph Stanley and Laura Cantrell at The Barbican in the Way Beyond Nashville season. Then it`s Finghin Collins with the Dublin Orchestra at National Concert Hall , Dublin on Nov.15th and I`m thinking about checking out Jamie Callum at Whelans , Dublin on Nov. 26th.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

JOHN: Are you stinking rich?? :lol:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

No - just terribly self-centered . Live music and travel are two of my main hobbies and I like to indulge both. I`m also very , very stingy.....not smoking or drinking help also.
verbal gymnastics

johnfoyle wrote:.....not...drinking help also.
But you live in Dublin! :shock: :?

Actually, I reckon you're saving up to buy Elvis' house :lol:
cosmos

Post by cosmos »

The Johnny Cash memorial service November 10 at the Ryman. Not really a concert, but there will be performances by John Mellencamp, Kris Kristofferson, Steve Earle, Rosanne Cash, George Jones, Dwight Yoakam, Sheryl Crow, Willie Nelson, and others. It's being hosted by Tim Robbins.
Elfslut

Post by Elfslut »

The Moody Blues....Nov 16th at the Edward Powers Center in Youngstown OH...

I've been waiting to see them in concert for almost as long as it took me to see Mr. Costello...
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Kind of a strange group to obsess over, no?
DrSpooky
Site Admin

Post by DrSpooky »

I saw the Moody Blues in Nov 2000 here in Huntsville. I have always liked them and looked forward to seeing them. The tickets were USD50 and the seats were really great (floor and close). They sounded great but the show was WAY TOO SHORT!! I don't think it was much over an hour and they had to have a 2nd drummer because the original drummer couldn't even play the whole time.

I have seen a lot of older bands over the years and although they often ound great, it is frustrating and very sad to see short shows and artists past their prime. I am reminded of seeing Frankie Valli not be able to hit the high notes and Tiny Tim not being able to get on stage without help.

I hope your Mood Blues show is longer than the one I saw. The music was great and their voices were still good -- it just didn't last long enough.
senior_service

Post by senior_service »

Lucinda Williams on Nov 17. Possibly the Thrills on Nov 4.
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

Gillibeanz! I doubt the show is sold out here! Check out Snowflake airlines, Ryan Air...(to Malmo Sweden) or one of the other El Cheapo airlines and see Elvis..........
I'd never leave the house if I had a Gimp
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

Saw the Decemberists last night, and they were so! good! Anybody who likes indie pop (i.e. Beulah, Of Montreal, Apples in Stereo, Neutral Milk Hotel, Essex Green--okay, anyone from the Elephant 6 collective), should definitely buy Her Majesty, the Decemberists, or at least download "The Soldiering Life."

senior_service: Do you like the Thrills? Oh wait, I was about to say I saw them in concert and they sucked, but I was thinking of the Kills. The Thrills are adorable. If you like them, you should check out the Decemberists.