1000+ Post Club

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
bobster

Post by bobster »

Who Shot Sam? wrote:Never seen a wrestling match in my life. Now, roller derby - that's another matter. Good old LA Thunderbirds.
Well, whether you watched wrestling OR roller derby in L.A. in those glory days, you knew the voice of the great Dick Lane. "Whoaaa Nelly!" It's actually kind of a sad commentary that the only sports I have EVER watched religiously were wrestling and roller derby.

And, Ms. B.A. -- You forgot to thank El Vez for his special interview threads...This is the most glaring "thank you" ommission since Hillary Swank won for "Boys Don't Cry" and forgot Chad Lowe, fer crying out loud!
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
A rope leash

I bet you I can bite my left eye, too...

Post by A rope leash »

Alcohol: the cause and the solution to all of life's problems! -Homer Simpson.

You're right, I don't need a drink...my mind does!

It's so hard not to be ugly.

Video producer to make-up artists working on Elvis: "Make him beautiful, dammit!"

What's wrong with me? I really don't want to be part of this or anything else.

I just want to look out my back door.

In the end, I need this in order to know. If I know, I can create. If I create, then I am somebody.

Holding my tongue on the new pope is like trying to die.

Ah, life. Death could not be as silly.

Nothingness is Heaven.

Earth is an unshoed mule.

I'm just some dirt that got up and walked around.

A journey does not require a route, or a destination, nor really even a plan. It just requires movement.

Stamp once if you agree, twice if you didn't even read this.

Hey, dude, don't make it bad.

Dang dog done did dat dinger dang-dong-it!
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

bobster wrote: And, Ms. B.A. -- You forgot to thank El Vez for his special interview threads...This is the most glaring "thank you" ommission since Hillary Swank won for "Boys Don't Cry" and forgot Chad Lowe, fer crying out loud!
Truth be told, she's been keeping her distance from me ever since I starred in that John Denver tv movie. There's an uncomfortable schism when the woman is doing so much better career-wise and I'm sure the wags have been a-waggin' over how she's carrying me on her back. Plus, on a personal note, things have been a bit frosty since she learned that you and I slept together in New Orleans.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

bobster wrote:Well, whether you watched wrestling OR roller derby in L.A. in those glory days, you knew the voice of the great Dick Lane. "Whoaaa Nelly!"
I remember it well. My sister and I used to watch the Thunderbirds matches on KTLA (she wanted to be a roller derby star), then I finally got to attend one game with a bunch of kids from school. I can't remember where the arena was - I just remember that it was old and dirty and the neighborhood was kind of scary.

What a great spectacle. Remember Ronnie "Psycho" Rains?

P.S. Just found the name of the arena via Google - it was the Olympic Auditorium on Grand Ave. in LA.
Last edited by Who Shot Sam? on Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

a rope leash wrote
I'm just some dirt that got up and walked around.
well, honey, ain't we all??????
Like me, the "g" is silent.
A rope leash

Papal opinion

Post by A rope leash »

Not according to the Pope.
Last edited by A rope leash on Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

El Vez wrote:
bobster wrote: And, Ms. B.A. -- You forgot to thank El Vez for his special interview threads...This is the most glaring "thank you" ommission since Hillary Swank won for "Boys Don't Cry" and forgot Chad Lowe, fer crying out loud!
Truth be told, she's been keeping her distance from me ever since I starred in that John Denver tv movie. There's an uncomfortable schism when the woman is doing so much better career-wise and I'm sure the wags have been a-waggin' over how she's carrying me on her back. Plus, on a personal note, things have been a bit frosty since she learned that you and I slept together in New Orleans.
I'm sorry, did nobody realize that my pet name for El Vez is "Jesus"? I would never be so remiss!
bobster

Post by bobster »

El Vez wrote: Plus, on a personal note, things have been a bit frosty since she learned that you and I slept together in New Orleans.
So much for "what happens in New Orleans stays in New Orleans."
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Bobster, really, you were just saying that you couldn't imagine Rope being the ultimate fan boy for Elvis, and now we find out that you and ElVez were together in the Big Easy.

Tisk, tisk.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

you forget how irresistible bobster is, being all
...appropriately sized and haired for this era of realistic expectations.
(and bobster, bee's knees you, I'm stealing that quote - it works for we ladies of a certain age as well)
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

I don't know if this is Heaven or Hell for friend Bobster.....what with all these married women singin' his praises. I imagine it's like going to a strip club where the women are all fully clothed. :lol:

Well, I suppose Bob *might* be into that.
bobster

Post by bobster »

Yes...in fact, you've given me a great new entrepeneurial concept. I just need a name. All I can think of right now is "Well Covered Hooters", but I'm sure there's something better....
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

Planet Bollywood?
bobster

Post by bobster »

Not a clothed strip joint exactly, but a great place to feast on inferior samosas and vindaloo while looking at the cricket bats from "Lagaan"
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Reminds me of the old joke of Muslim men shouting to muslim women in yashmacks "Get your face out for the boys!" :lol:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Well i finally made it guys!! Thanks for putting up with me and reading 1,000 posts of gibbering shite!! :lol:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

congratulations, Gilli! Gibbering shite or captioning photos, you are one of a kind! :lol:
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

I made it! Is there some sort of strange inititation involving incantations (EC lyrics in Latin), hoods, candles? What about hazing? :wink:
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Congrats, WSS! Doc was looking at the board stats last night and noticed that you were about to hit the big 1000th post. :)
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

I'm closing in on WHAR in 6th. I reckon I can handle that one. bit trickier is Spooky. I'm coming to overtake you, girl. Blue Chair has more than double my posts. I reckon 5 is about my peak.

Is there a hereditary condition for this? My son wanted to try and post 600 in one day on the CBBC message board. I had to talk him out of it. It might not hit him at 8, but give it a few years and the RSI will affect him terribly.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

Hey, it's quite impressive in here. The Men's Room Attendant just declined my tip, and the fondue station is exquisite. Now I know what I have been missing.

Saw Steve Zissou eating a fish sandwich in the cafeteria, and noticed that everyone was declining Pai Mei 's fish head appetizers, as he muttered that we should all burn in hell. On the upside, Kaiser Soze was most accomodating and offered me a trip to Sea World. However, a riveting discussion with Ron Burgundy re: the proper meaning of the city named San Diego has been the highpoint of my authorized visit to this thread.

Still looking for Narbawlz.
"The smarter mysteries are hidden in the light" - Jean Giono (1895-1970)
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Mr A - You've written enough words to fill 1,000,000 posts. At least it feels like it from here.
signed with love and vicious kisses
Otis Westinghouse

Otis Westinghouse wrote:I'm closing in on WHAR in 6th. I reckon I can handle that one. bit trickier is Spooky. I'm coming to overtake you, girl. Blue Chair has more than double my posts. I reckon 5 is about my peak.
Hah! Forget that - I'm now 4th! Moody is closing in on me fast. I'd better write some more bollocks tonight to keep my position secure. Now can I catch Bamboo, currently 140+ ahead of me. He writes even more bollocks than I do, so it will be hard. No-one can ever, ever catch Blue, though. Crow
is now too infrequent. Give me time.
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

So Lacklustre:

As usual, always something nice to say...

My prolific posts are not long...they are "information-packed".

Adapting from David Byrnes "Cross-eyed and Painless" and substituting the word "Words" for "Facts":

Words are simple and facts are straight
Words are lazy and facts are late
Words all come with points of view
Words don't do what I want them to
Words just twist the truth around
Words are living turned inside out
Words are getting the best of them
Words are nothing on the face of things
Words don't stain the furniture
Words go out and slam the door
Words are written all over your face
Words continue to change their shape
"The smarter mysteries are hidden in the light" - Jean Giono (1895-1970)
Otis Westinghouse

Otis Westinghouse wrote:I'm now 4th! Moody is closing in on me fast. I'd better write some more bollocks tonight to keep my position secure. Now can I catch Bamboo, currently 140+ ahead of me. He writes even more bollocks than I do, so it will be hard. No-one can ever, ever catch Blue, though. Crow is now too infrequent. Give me time.
Still 4th. Bamboo is going to be hard to close in on. The sporadic Crow is surely going to be pipped before too long. Maybe if I give a daily update on this thread I can rise to second. Or get very literal with the Random Thoughts thread. No rest till I'm second...