Random Thoughts

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

spooky girlfriend wrote:I need to go work in the yard.

I hope today is my last day of washing dishes by hand. The new dishwasher is finally here. Doc and I will be installing it tonight.

I guess that's all, folks.
I don't know about all that but somebody needs to quit fuckin' around and make me waffles, dammit!
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Today was my little guy's first day in first grade. He was shy and a bit teary and clingy, but fine the moment he found his pal Jose whom he hadn't seen all summer.

I can't believe it's been a year since you were all so kind in helping me get through his first month of Kindergarten, including some bullying issues.

Also I am happy to report that his homemade haircut was the best I've given him to date (which may not be saying a lot, but...).
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

MUGGY: Awww - there will be no stopping him now - hes one of the big boys!! Let us know how he got on.
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

selfmademug wrote:Today was my little guy's first day in first grade. He was shy and a bit teary and clingy, but fine the moment he found his pal Jose whom he hadn't seen all summer.

I can't believe it's been a year since you were all so kind in helping me get through his first month of Kindergarten, including some bullying issues.

Also I am happy to report that his homemade haircut was the best I've given him to date (which may not be saying a lot, but...).
smm, my daughter just started kindergarten yesterday. She seems to have taken to it like a fish to water (eager to jump right on that school bus), but that's not surprising, since she has an independent streak a mile wide!
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

El Vez wrote: I don't know about all that but somebody needs to quit fuckin' around and make me waffles, dammit!
Are you talkin' to me????@?@!!
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

El Vez wrote:I don't know about all that but somebody needs to quit fuckin' around and make me waffles, dammit!
Waffle House is just around the corner. Get walking!
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

jack johnson could make you banana pancakes, el v.

we started school on 8/22 - I have no idea why we go back so early, esp. when lots of the older kids are working in our tourist-centered economy.

that was a long thought for me.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
verena

Post by verena »

Glad to hear you happy, Selfmade.

May I use this opportunity to have a word with you ? I am no weirdo, but I may well be deranged, in certain departments. Working on it, woman. Not highly effective, but so be it. So could you just let me be ?

I think as you do on a number of issues, at times we could even play in the same league. 8)

(Sorry for my joke with Verbal Gymnastics, couldn't resist, plus had no idea there had been a connection).
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Kids start school at this time of the year in the US? That's weird. We start at the beginning of the year, early February.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

bambooneedle wrote:Kids start school at this time of the year in the US? That's weird. We start at the beginning of the year, early February.
Opposite side of the world - up is down and down is up.

I still can't get my head around traveling north to warm up.
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

My hair looks really, really good today.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

[quote+"Who Shot Sam?"]Opposite side of the world - up is down and down is up. [/quote]

It definitely makes sense to have your school holidays in the warmer months considering how cold your winter months can get. There's lots of sun and surf to enjoy down here in the christmass holidays, and lots of "slip slop slap" encouraged (slip on a t-shirt, slop on some sunscream, slap on a hat).
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

spooky girlfriend wrote:
El Vez wrote: I don't know about all that but somebody needs to quit fuckin' around and make me waffles, dammit!
Are you talkin' to me????@?@!!
Yeah, ever since I started reading Men Are From Mars, Woman Don't You Know I'll Kill You If You Don't Fetch Me My Slippers, I've found that I have all these issues with aggression.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

You are so fucked up, ElVez. Better find that Waffle House quick.
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

Meh, I'm more of a Huddle House kinda guy.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Mmmm

What are those??
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Yeah, but where do I get Hawaiian sweet bread around here? Maybe substitute challah? Looks like something the kids would dig (and Daddy's ALWAYS responsible for "brekstist" on the weekends, 'cause Mommy just doesn't do mornings).
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Yeah, I may have to try those too
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

available at your local grocer's!

good with spinach dip, too.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

mood swung wrote:available at your local grocer's!
Maybe not mine. I'll try Trader Joe's (further afield but worth the trip).
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Thanks for sticking up for me, shatterproof. Vezzie's just a bit uptight today (it must be his time of the month!) :wink:
Extreme Honey

Post by Extreme Honey »

That looks fantastic! I've never seen it here though, perhaps it's american. Is it available in Canada, Blue? Anyway, I'm leaving in a few hours back to toronto, and stopping off in Dallas. When the hell is Elvis coming to Canada?? I'm about to ditch him for Avril Lavigne, that's loyal to Canada! Elvis has become more of a Jim Carey, you know, leaving the Canada to rot. Have anoy of you tried this bread?:

It's very good stuff. But now that I'm on a diet I guess I can't have any more of that carbofanstastic stuff... :P
Preacher was a talkin' there's a sermon he gave,
He said every man's conscience is vile and depraved,
You cannot depend on it to be your guide
When it's you who must keep it satisfied
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

I'm not big on the pre-packaged bread, but I don't recall ever having seen the Hawaiian one suggested for this recipe. Maybe I'll look when I'm at the grocery store.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Why are none of my thoughts random?
signed with love and vicious kisses
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

I think that one was. Looked like it to me, anyway. Or have you been mulling over it for weeks?
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more