Elvis/Imposters, Los Angeles, May 11/12 '11

Pretty self-explanatory
sweetest punch

Re: Elvis/Imposters, Los Angeles, May 11/12 '11

Post by sweetest punch »

Jimmy Standing In The Rain (partial): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR7Gst4JF2Q
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

is there a video of EARTHBOUND. dying to hear it, i'd settle for an mp3 please...DOC????
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Tear Off Your Own Head (with The Bangles): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKbowMgs5Q8
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Man out of Time

Post by Man out of Time »

In addition to the new "Time" jackpot, there was also a "Beauty Or The Beast?" jackpot which didn't come up.
This category came up in Chicago on 15 May, and what did he play...

Rocking Horse Road/Wild Thing

I can see Wild Thing as fitting with the Beast thing, but Rocking Horse Road is less obvious. Anyone suggest how this fits in the Beauty or the Beast Category?

MOOT
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Rocking Horse Road/Wild Thing

He did the same medley when singing this with the Brodskys in '09. The reasoning behind it continues to elude me - perhaps it's some kind on muso chord similarity thing.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Blog account of May 12th show -

http://elninoangeleno.blogspot.com/2011 ... e-may.html
Elvis' site now carries this under this 'The People Speak Once More '.

The relay of the link on Elvis' Facebook page got this comment -

I was also at the Wiltern show, and it was every bit as awesome as "El Nino Angeleno" depicted it! However, there is one revision that needs to be noted. The audience member who entered the Go-Go booth referred to as "Bjork" was actually Bird York, an actress/screenwriter/songwriter/recording artist who was nominated for an Oscar for her song "In The Deep" for the movie Crash.

http://www.birdyork.com/site/
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

Bird York's first name was also the reason for the impromptu "And Your Bird Can Sing."
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

At the first show during the wheel introductions bit he relives his childhood from his time in the People's Republic: "Behold, direct from the Wooky Hollow, Belmont Road, Liverpool..."

Sadly(?) this cabaret venue, which featured the likes of Lovelace Watkins, burned down in the mid-eighties.

A still hugely grateful for all the Youtube and Diming on the go at present...

Colin Top Balcony
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

johnfoyle wrote:Great blog account-

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/bestof ... -post-form
Absolutely.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://newwavegeo.blogspot.com/2011/07/ ... erson.html

Here are some more excerpts from my interview with Bangles guitarist/singer Vicki Peterson…

Q: Back in May, you joined Elvis Costello onstage at the LA Wiltern to sing background vocals, and then got in the cage and go-go danced. How was that night for you?

That was amazing. We were really pleased that he asked us to do that again. He was sort of reprising what we did back in 1986 and I think he’s hopefully going to include it in a package he’s putting out at the end of the year. First of all, it’s just a blast to work with him in any capacity because he’s such an immense talent. Everything he does, he’s doing it because he loves it and it’s always creative and interesting. His band is just the best. It was really a special night.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://popdose.com/the-popdose-intervie ... e-bangles/

The Popdose Interview: Vicki Peterson of The Bangles

Annie Zaleski

November 28, 2011

(extract)

I know you guys got on stage with Elvis Costello not long ago. How much fun was that?

Oh, could there be any more fun? Could there be any more fun than go-go dancing next to Elvis Costello with that band that he has and getting in the cage? [Laughs.] Which is a personal favorite of mine to do. I must be a go-go dancer in a previous life! It was so much fun. We were really happy he asked us back too; we did that [previously] back in ’86 with him in Los Angeles, the first time he did the Spinning Wheel concert. So when he decided to revive it, we were so happy he asked us to come and sing again.

He just has so much fun on tour. And doing the spinning wheel thing, it’s just so awesome to see a musician enjoying himself so much.

He’s kind of ridiculously talented, and one of his gifts is that he’s a great master of ceremonies. He really does that well, and he knows his music; he’s like a musicologist, practically, and he just has so much fun. And that band, they’ve known each other for decades. It just couldn’t have been more fun.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

mccartney007

Post by mccartney007 »

Does anyone here still have the audience recording from this show? I downloaded it when it was first posted, but ended up losing it in a computer crash. Drop me an email at teaandanimosity@gmail.com if you can reunite me with the show!

Thanks guys!