sos foodies!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
firebetty

Post by firebetty »

on the elvis fan's diet will i become
a) fat
b)grossed out
or
3)cibo matto
?
oily slick

Post by oily slick »

i finally read this thread and i think i'm gonna yak.
I'm not concerned about the very poor.
firebetty

Post by firebetty »

yak :lol:
after all of your suggestions
i have been eating heirloom tomatoes, sheep's feta and french baguettes from Bread & Butter bakery (peeps from boston, take note, this is the bakery in Jamaica Plain with the lightest and crispiest baguettes i have had in the state) nearly every day.
thank gawd for august.
bobster

Post by bobster »

BWAP --

Thanks for the tip. I've seen that place many times. I'll pass it along. I'm also impressed that you apparently keep an L.A. Yellow Pages back there in Boston. I don't even do that!

BTW -- not to be persnickety, but Abbot Kinney is probably, technically Venice, abutting Marina Del Rey. However, L.A. neighborhoods are rarely determinable anyway, mislabelled by the phone company, and redefined at the whims of the status conscience. Hence, if you read real estate ads, fully half of L.A. is either "Beverly Hills-adjacent" or "West Hollywood-adjacent." My favorite example is a bar in Culver City calling itself "the East Marina Bar & Grill". Think about that one...(a land-locked marina)

In case you didn't know, Abbot Kinney was the guy who built the Venice canals (the L.A. ones, I mean). The street was renamed about a decade or so back and was previously named "West Washington" if I remember right.
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!