Suggestions for TJL reissue

Pretty self-explanatory
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Here's a scan of the main disc from this re-issue-

The bonus one is purple without artwork .

I've listened to the bonus disc a few times - once at work in the backround and once properly at home - and it hangs together very well. On paper the addition of the 'Fire Suite' ( I'd forgotten what a beautiful melody this is) may seem a bit wrong but it is a welcome pick-up in pace after all the slow stuff. The warmth of the wind instruments after all the strings leaves one refreshed and ready for the final few tracks . The chamber group arrangement of 'Upon A Veil...' is , perhaps, even better than the 'Orkest treatment , the simpler delivery being more apt for the songs message.

The main disc is still a mixed pleasure . Some great tunes , some just plain boring. It worked better live.

Which is as good an excuse as any to prove I WUZ THERE when it all started -

I must dig out the video and see if, in widescreen , I can be seen in the crowd..............
guidedbyvoices

Post by guidedbyvoices »

video, what video?!?! Holy crap!
we have powerlines in our bloodlines
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/630266 ... e&n=404272

The Juliet Letters

# Studio: Warner Bros / Wea
# Release Date: February 9, 1993
# Run Time: 60 minutes
thepopeofpop

Post by thepopeofpop »

Ah yes, the TJL video. Still, there's not much live footage on that, it's mostly interviews and "miming to the songs" promo video stuff.

Would have made a nice 3rd disc for the TJL reissue though - a DVD, maybe with bonus live footage - but, yeah that's just a pipe dream.

So, will the TJL video and "A Case for Song" ever see the light of day on DVD? The answer is probably no, since "The Right Spectacle" hasn't exactly flown out of stores in record numbers. Club Date has probably only sold a few thousand copies. It's funny, it might have 10 times as much if it was a CD rather than a DVD.

Here's a thought: perhaps these sort of live DVDs should be sold as Dual Discs with an audio only version of the show on the CD side? As I say, I bet the sales would be far higher.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

I'm not sure the sales would be higher Pope. I personally don't think that it would make any difference.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?