Bands/Artists you straight up and down can't stand

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

Q: What has nine arms, ten legs and sucks?

A: Def Leppard
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Okay, okay. I've suffered enough shame over the Def Leppard thing. I haven't been to one of their concerts since 1983. I admit to indulging myself in lots of cheap music in the 80's, but I don't really regret it. It was fun then.

I danced so hard at the Loverboy concert that same year that my halter top fell. :o

Go ahead, laugh some more. At least I like Elvis now and I didn't like him then so much.
cosmos

Post by cosmos »

It's okay Spooky. I have "High and Dry", "Pyromania", and "Hysteria". I was a Lep-head too.

"Artists" I can't stand:
Kid Rock
Gretchen Wilson
Big N Rich
Kenny Chesney
Uncle Kracker
Tim McGraw
crash8_durham

Post by crash8_durham »

At the age of 10 I had multiple KISS albums. *lowers head in shame and runs away*
scielle
Location: Berkeley, CA; London, UK; Montreal QC; Toronto ON; New York

Post by scielle »

And how could we forget

Image Image
clairequilty

Post by clairequilty »

Those are easily the 2 worst pics of Joe Perry that I have ever seen.

Or were they Jennifer Beals?
crash8_durham

Post by crash8_durham »

They are actually current pics of Screach from Saved By The Bell
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

crash8_durham wrote:I have to go with bamboo on that one. That band was the worst even with a 2 armed drummer

oh an cope....is that a band ?
No that was a response to ElVez' outcry to fuck somebody in the ass without lube :lol:
I'd never leave the house if I had a Gimp
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Chris Isaak. Because he so obviously aims exclusively at the dumb female gender psychographic, and his voice is a confused alternating sensitive guy-macho guy mix of self-conscious phoniness. That sellout falsetto is absolutely grating.
cosmos

Post by cosmos »

Gary Puckett and the Union Gap
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

Not sure if they've been mentioned before :
Evanescence
Nickelback

Teeth-gnashing stuff.

Also - Alicia Keys, who seems to be revered by some critics, but I just can't stand her masturbation with own voice.
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

SoLikeCandy wrote:Every "Seven Mary Three Blink 182 Sevendust" loser with a fucking number in their name band to sprout since the late 90's. Die, die, die, damn it, die. Or at least learn more than three fucking chords.
Your curse seems to be working. See below (they're using the word "punk" in the loosest possible sense, I assume):

Punk Trio Blink-182 on 'Indefinite Hiatus'

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - California pop-punk trio Blink-182, famed for its practical jokes and disdain for clothing, has gone on "indefinite hiatus," with no plans to work together again, its Geffen Records label said Tuesday.

Singer-guitarist Tom DeLonge, singer-bassist Mark Hoppus and drummer Travis Barker want to "spend some time enjoying the fruits of their labors with loved ones" after a decade of working together nonstop, the statement added.

"While there is no set plan for the band to begin working together again, no one knows what tomorrow may bring," it said.

San Diego-based Blink-182, cast in the same mold as Grammy-winning punk combo Green Day, enjoyed major success with such tunes as "What's My Age Again?" and "All the Small Things," winning an MTV Video Music Award for the latter tune.

The group toiled in obscurity for years before hitting the big time with its 1997 major-label debut album "Dude Ranch," which sold 1 million copies. The 1999 follow-up, "Enema of the State," cemented its success, bolstered by the unlikely suicide ballad, "Adam's Song."

But for the most part, Blink-182 was best known for its goofball antics, including running naked through the streets of Hollywood for the "What's My Age Again?" video. It topped the U.S. pop charts in 2001 with the cheekily titled album "Take Off Your Pants and Jacket."

Barker, considered the band's linchpin on stage, kept busy with two other bands, Box Car Racer (along with DeLonge) and the Transplants, as well as a boutique record label.

The Wall Street Journal reported in 2003 that DeLonge bought a $5 million home in a gated community outside of San Diego because fans were bugging him at his former abode. Hoppus, meanwhile, co-owns a clothing company.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

50 Cent
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

cosmos wrote:
"Artists" I can't stand:
Kid Rock
Gretchen Wilson
Big N Rich
Kenny Chesney
Uncle Kracker
Tim McGraw
Damn, I guess we're on opposite ends as far as Gretchen goes. The others are all pretty icky although I will admit to enjoying B&R's Save A Horse (Ride A Cowboy) hit but they've become pretty grating and one-dimensional as their fame has blown up.

His music sucks but Tim McGraw actually gave a damn fine performance in Friday Night Lights. Still, his low-grossing homecoming concert for Auburn back in '96 cost me a chance to see Bob Dylan play there the next year when I was a freshman because the campus moneybags were still stinging and didn't want to pay Bob even though he offered to take the union minimum and pay to have his own stage set and struck.
cosmos

Post by cosmos »

I haven't heard the entire Gretchen Wilson disc...just the singles. Maybe my expectations were too high.
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

UB40 post 1982. God I hate their covers, esp 'I Got You Babe'. :x
corruptio optimi pessima
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

pip_52 wrote:Limp Bizkit

loathing personified ...
Oh yeah, that's a real good one.
I'm not angry anymore....
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

AAHHH!! Evanescence!!! Cannot stand them.

Along w/Fleetwood Mac and Lynyrd Skynyrd (I'd rather die than listen to Free Bird.)

Boy Bands

Girl Bands (Except for the Donnas and possibly Veruca Salt.)

Bye, Bye Miss American Pie......who sings that? I hate em.

Weird Al

All the American Idols (from the tv show)

Jessica, Brittany, Christina, Beyonce, Ashanti, et all and all of their male equivalents like Usher, R. Kelly and all that crap.

the Meat Puppets- Tell me, HOW could Curt Cobain say they were his fav band??

STING!!!!!!!

Oh there's more....
I'm not angry anymore....
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

I take a live and let live/change the damn station approach to most that I don't care for, but one person has the ability to make me physically ill - billy joel.

I'd love to throw rocks and dirty diapers at him.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

SweetPear wrote -
the Meat Puppets- Tell me, HOW could Curt Cobain say they were his fav band??
Because they were really pretty great - and comletely different than anybody else at the time - saw them loads when I lived in Arizona - give Up On The Sun a listen if you have a chance (Rycko did a great job on the cd re-release) -
Everyone just needs to fuckin’ relax. Smoke more weed, the world is ending.
Fishfinger king

bands to hate

Post by Fishfinger king »

Can't believe no-one has mentioned....
SUPERTRAMP :cry: :oops:
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

All together now :
It's raining again
Oh no my love's at an end

:lol: :lol:
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

SweetPear wrote:AAHHH!! Evanescence!!! Cannot stand them.
David Cross on Evanescence -

"I would rather hear the death rattle of my only child..."
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Duran Duran. Aggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

And Bob Seger. Aggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
Aggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

However I confess knowing every note of Supertramp's EVEN IN THE QUIETEST MOMENTS, cause it was in heavy rotation during my late-night term-paper-writing (i.e., procrastination) sessions in 1982. Hey, I never said I had good taste. I was a sheltered girl.
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

mood swung wrote:I take a live and let live/change the damn station approach to most that I don't care for, but one person has the ability to make me physically ill - billy joel.

I'd love to throw rocks and dirty diapers at him.
And I was going to see if you wanted to go see 'Movin' Out - The Musical' with me. :cry: