Elvis Costello is scheduled to perform at the Grammy Awards

Pretty self-explanatory
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

katie, who's rollinrock?
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

As far as Beyonce, I'm not a big fan of her singing, per se, just thought that she didnt' act like a jackass like most of her diva-peers do when they get the chance.
I tire of Beyonce's big hip posturing and souless singing, however Christina Aguilera showed me that she could sing in her live performance without any of that.

It was great to see Prince switch it on (and what an amazing guitarist he is), but I'd've prefered to see something new from him. I cringe slightly at the redundancy of it - it's like, "remember my popular songs?"

Outkast and the White Stripes are lost on me, it's a matter of style primarily. My favourite part was the big funk jam.

Post by 10 »

Mr Average, I didn't bother to argue about the merit of the award, because it is so obvious it is worth nothing. Do you really care who a bunch of old people you don't know, thinks of music? I don't care what anyone thinks of music except myself.

If you are not watching this awards show for the music, there is something a little wrong with you.
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

Thanks for the advice '10'. I will seek counselling.

I am so ashamed, but at least you have unlocked the secret of my closet misery.

I cannot thank you enough.
Last edited by Mr. Average on Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The smarter mysteries are hidden in the light" - Jean Giono (1895-1970)
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

Well Katie, please excuse my comments re: the misdirection of Elvis at the Grammy's.

In all sincerity, I presumed "Kate' was a junior level marketing intern who knew little of Elvis and the world that sorrounds him. After all, I have emailed the Kate of the Elvis Island site with sincere remarks and commentary and had not recieved the courtesy of a response, Thus, my vitriolic comments were presumed to have fallen on deaf ears. Clearly, they did not. While I am sure that Kate is a comfortable pseudonym (unlike Mr. Average, which is my God-given name!), I now appreciate that there is a person behind the name.

I will temper my comments in the future. No harm intended. Now, tell us all who participate within the digital walls of this forum..."what is Island intending to do for us...to thank us for the incredible power of our incessant "word of mouth" marketing of Elvis, the Imposters, and his live perfomances". If you have access, as the 'official' record company representative of this living legend, then point him here to inspire the board. The end result from your perspective, I would think, would be the same...an increase in the fervor and support of the EC fan-base.
"The smarter mysteries are hidden in the light" - Jean Giono (1895-1970)
Pov

Post by Pov »

Hey, let's not be too hard on Kate, or too demanding. She's doing her job like the rest of us (well, not me, since I'm wasting time typing this message :)). She certainly doesn't owe us anything, and frankly I'm pleased just to have her participate on the board.
Katie

Post by Katie »

Bluechair - I dont know who rollingrock is.

Mr.Average - Where did you send your emails? I try my hardest to respond to every single email I receive from you guys. I can assure you that although I don't reply right away I do take the time to read every email and respond. I've been an Elvis Costello fan all my life. I grew up listening to his music and I do consider myself a fan. Which makes this team extra special for me because I have the opportunity to work for an artist that I respect and admire. You are so right, I'm sure if Mr.Costello stopped by in here and posted once in a while this board as well as the EC fan base overall would be even more active. I have spoken to people at his label to see if we can start up the Q&A section again. If you have any suggestions please let me know.

Pov & Spooky Girlfriend - Thanks for the welcome! I've always browsed around this board and other EC fan sites but never posted until recently :)
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Hey Katie...hi! It's great to see that someone who really likes EC's music gets to publicise it... do you live on a hill of four-leafed clovers by any chance?

Have you ever seen BeesWeb, Richard Thompson's site? It would be great to be able to buy CDs of live concerts/other projects via the web like this, and I'm assuming that would be a fairly cheap operation to run.

Also, do you know what the release orders and dates for the forthcoming Rhino reissues are going to be?

So many questions! :D
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Kate,

Most importantly, can you get a copy of our tribute CD to the man?
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
Misha

Post by Misha »

Katie,

Welcome to our little board area. I, too, have spent my time speculating about who you are and what you do or don't do. Most of the comments are in the "Kate is a white man named Alan, and Kate is on Crack" category.

I'll lay off now, since it seems you are up and back at it. Plus, it probably wouldn't kill me to be nice for a change!!

So, welcome to the fray..... :D

:) Misha
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
Mr. Misery

Post by Mr. Misery »

cbartal wrote:I found Yoko to be in typically arrogant form last night. When I heard her refer to Paul, George, and Ringo as "the other three", I wanted to punch her.
You have such good ideas, if only you would follow through on them.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Hi Katie and welcome to our world!

I know I'm a bit thick but the posts seem to indicate that you are Kate from the EC Experience. Am I right? Being a cynic, give me something to prove you are who you say you are.

I will in turn lavish you with praise and love. Unfortunately I am very fickle and do this for everyone!
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Katie

Post by Katie »

I can get the tribute CD to him if you want mail it to me at Fanscape -3201 Cahuenga Blvd., Los Angeles CA 90068 -- make sure to indicate its for Mr Costello - Ill be happy to forward it to him.

verbal gymnastics - tis me! From the EC Experiece.

Misha - not on crack and Im certainly not a man :lol:

laughingcrow - I have seen the site. I think it is a wonderful idea to be able to buy CDs of live concerts via the web, I will ask management and the label. Thanks!
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Katie - PM me first with the UK dates when you know them :wink:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
bobster

Post by bobster »

Wow, Kate -- Katie -- you're a real person, or at least a virtual facsimile thereof.

So, I too, will lay off my past speculations that you are either a 20 year old intern who's thinks EC is a yucky old man or a 50 year old man named "Irv" who's own tastes leans towards Neil Diamond. Or that you're some newfangled "bot" designed to eke out just a few more dollars from us fans.

Still, I believe in being polite to board newcomers (and oldcomers too, for that matter).

So, welcome aboard...I think.
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
Misha

Post by Misha »

Katie wrote:Misha - not on crack and Im certainly not a man :lol:
Dammit!! So, I suppose my lottery numbers are not winners either.....????

:shock:
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?