I'm off to work!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Tim(e)

Post by Tim(e) »

I just spent a weekend in Lismore (a town in the north east of New South Wales) attending a birthday party for my aunt who just turned 100. Also managed to get in a swim in the surf at Byron Bay.
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

miss buenos aires wrote:
Copenhagen Fan wrote: Do you like count them up dude???? :lol: You probably have a book with all the details...along with a dick growth chart :lol:
What's wrong with counting? Personally, I keep a running tally.
Well since you mention it...how big's your hit list?
I'd never leave the house if I had a Gimp
VonOfterdingen

Post by VonOfterdingen »

Copenhagen Fan wrote:VON's in charge of the set list...I don't carry a pen :lol:
Didn't see that before now. I'll try and make it up by bringing a pen to Hamburg this Saturday.
I'm not buying my share of souvenirs
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

I've just had a check up at the Dentist/Orthodontist and then the Hygienist gave my teeth a going over. We always talk about concerts and whilst my mouth was open she made me laugh out loud by following "I went to see Embrace" with "So do you think Britney's pregnant?".

I didn't laugh when I received the bill/check though.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

no cavities?
Like me, the "g" is silent.
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

I will be having an excrutiating meeting this morning with a work superior. I have basically taken over one of her major job duties due to her incompetence, and now she wants me to explain to her how I can do her job so much more efficiently. Tedium ad naseum.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

mood swung wrote:no cavities?
Only the big hollow space between my ears.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

Like me, the "g" is silent.
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

pophead2k wrote:I will be having an excrutiating meeting this morning with a work superior. I have basically taken over one of her major job duties due to her incompetence, and now she wants me to explain to her how I can do her job so much more efficiently. Tedium ad naseum.
My sympathies. We recently fired someone who was causing us the very same problems (and she was stealing hundreds of dollars from the store in cash and merchandise) and it's always fun to do more work than you are actually getting paid to do. Now I'm just looking forward to our regional Copy & Print manager stopping by to pay my center a visit and probably grill my ass for having the nerve to work in a low volume store. It will take all of my self control to not jump up on a counter top while he's talking about being pro-active with thinking outside the box (I hate these phrases) and shouting out "Fuck that! Wu Tang!" while making the little hand gesture indicating my allegiance to the 36 Chambers.
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

mood swung wrote:no cavities?
And obviously no cavity seach!
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

In a switch from the lovely cavity search subject, I'll start off with our own exciting day here at the Spooky household. It all starts by having to make a formal complaint to the school principal about a new teacher there. I won't bore you guys with all the details, but we'll just say that she's not a good match for the school. And that she's totally incompetent.

More touch up painting going on here as well. I feel like that Eldon guy who used to be on Murphy Brown - always doing something but never finishing around the house. I swear, the kids must just literally go up and down the halls wiping their dirty hands on the wall.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

I saw Damien Dempsey, and Billy Bragg perfome live for my pleasure tonight.

Now I am a sittin' and a thinkin'
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

I made a 1250 on my first practice test for the GRE Friday. A disappointing (but predictable) 540 on the math, but a very respectable 710 on the verbal. Must be from listening to all those EC lyrics. I only need 1000 to pass for my department. The real thing is Friday ........
Goody2Shoes

Post by Goody2Shoes »

My favorite guy in the coffee place at my job who punches my card twice when I am really only entitled to one punch is apparently no longer there. The guy there today refused to do it, even when I asked him. Where is the justice?
It's a radiation vibe I'm groovin' on
oily slick

Post by oily slick »

you mean you asked him to punch the card twice? flat out ask him to cheat? what do you get when your card is full?
I'm not concerned about the very poor.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

selfmademug wrote:Wow-- I missed that, too Spooky. How awful!! You poor thang. Sounds like warm baths, ibuprofen and cheesecake are in order!

Hope you're getting properly pampered 8) I have a feeling you are!
Yeah, what Mug said, except that I don't think you need ibuprofen. I hope you're feeling a lot better now Spooky.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

pophead2k wrote:I made a 1250 on my first practice test for the GRE Friday. A disappointing (but predictable) 540 on the math, but a very respectable 710 on the verbal. Must be from listening to all those EC lyrics. I only need 1000 to pass for my department. The real thing is Friday ........
Pophead, what sort of things were on that verbal?
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

Just doing the old stare at the spreadsheet for 8 hours gig today and dreaming of a my Wednesday night jam session and Late Night Schwarma later.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

About to drive to work, knowing it will take much longer than usual due to sloppy weather conditions
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

bambooneedle wrote:
pophead2k wrote:I made a 1250 on my first practice test for the GRE Friday. A disappointing (but predictable) 540 on the math, but a very respectable 710 on the verbal. Must be from listening to all those EC lyrics. I only need 1000 to pass for my department. The real thing is Friday ........
Pophead, what sort of things were on that verbal?
Antonyms, word relationships, sentence completion and reading comprehension (wherein they supply you with some technical reading on science or art or something and then ascertain if you can understand the implications, tone, and direction of the work, if not the meaning). The only way to do really well on this part is to be a big-time reader, which luckily, I am. The word relationships give me the biggest headache.
VonOfterdingen

Post by VonOfterdingen »

I'm trying to taste the difference between lemon and lime
I'm not buying my share of souvenirs
Goody2Shoes

Post by Goody2Shoes »

oily slick wrote:you mean you asked him to punch the card twice? flat out ask him to cheat? what do you get when your card is full?
I suppose you would technically have to call it cheating. I prefer to look at it as a reward for excellent customers, which I am, of course. Free stuff when your card is full.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Did you get two coffees when it was filled up?
Goody2Shoes

Post by Goody2Shoes »

Sadly, no, just one, but it was free, and my Coffee Shop Boyfriend always let me have one of the frou-frou drinks as my free selection.

I'm gonna miss that Coffee Guy.
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

GOODY..Don't you think you're pushing it a bit?? The poor guy could lose his job.... :lol:

It does sound kinda cute and romantic in a way though :lol: