Spectacle Season 2 - Dream Lineup

Pretty self-explanatory
bilster

Re: Spectacle Season 2 - Dream Lineup

Post by bilster »

I think most of you posters miss the mark here. He can only have perhaps one or two big names a season. The dream lists posted are what they say, a dream. He needs to have more underdog type people. The underrated, the unappriciated. My list would include:
A songwriters circle with Spooner Oldham, Dan Penn, Nick Lowe.
The Shaggs
The Knitters
The Coward Brothers
The imposter

Post by The imposter »

ALL of the people in series 1 sound like pretty big names to me. Like I said ANY of the names on Blue Chair's list would be great..Elvis is well connected and could probably get most of them.

oh and I'd also like to see Paul Simon.

The major problem as I see it, is people might want to promote their new release and bring their own bands, not always having The Imposters, or Bill Frissell or Allen Toussaint or any of Elvis' pals. This wouldn't be a problem for many of the established, dare I say it, semi-retired folk on Blue Chair's list.

There you go...Allen Toussaint. He sounds like a pretty solid bet.
Springsteen and Randy Newman have already been mentioned by the production team, Elton said that HE was going to do Elvis..but

A Coward Brothers show? Sounds interesting but how would that work? Introduce himself like on Letterman 03 ?

Anyway, Henry would agree to a show on himself, no problem.
Ypsilanti

Post by Ypsilanti »

I think on a different Forum (or maybe it was this one) someone mentioned Woody Allen & Steve Martin--either could be great. Martin Scorsese, too.

Has anyone mentioned Carol King? Or is there bad blood I don't know about, relating to Grace of My Heart? Hope not, because she's be excellent.

Leonard Cohen & Joni Mitchell have the same Mgmt firm as EC, do they not? So maybe that adds a little to the likelihood of seeing either of them.

Would love to see Paul Simon.
Also Difford & Tilbrook.

But Tom Waits is absolutely at the top of my list.

The main thing, though...does anyone have any insight about when the new season might be taped? I went to a couple of them last summer at The Apollo and it was so much fun! Would love to do it again.
So I keep this fancy to myself
I keep my lipstick twisted tight
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

Ypsilanti wrote:The main thing, though...does anyone have any insight about when the new season might be taped?
I've been wondering about this. Last year he he had wrapped the whole season by mid-September. This year his concert schedule suggests three openings: between now and August 8, between September 3 and October 5, and after October 18.
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

"luckymeow" writes on Twitter:
i'm booked 2 do mkup 4 a taping of Spectacle (Elvis Costello's show)-the guest is so famous no 1's allowed 2 know who it is till last minute
...followed by...
....and it's a closed set, so i won't be able to get tickets for anyone. don't even ask!!
http://twitter.com/luckymeow/status/3719977024
Ypsilanti

Post by Ypsilanti »

...that's annoying. Seems like the show would lose something without a real audience. So who's "that famous"? Dylan? McCartney? It's good to see signs that the 2nd season is actually going to take place, though.
scielle
Location: Berkeley, CA; London, UK; Montreal QC; Toronto ON; New York

Post by scielle »

I wouldn't be surprised if we got a Tony Bennet-esque episode with La Streisand. After all, she's got a new DK-produced album to plug. She's famously prickly about live performance, no?

This make-up artist seems to be Toronto based. Does that mean they're filming north of the 49th?
Ypsilanti

Post by Ypsilanti »

I wouldn't be surprised if we got a Tony Bennet-esque episode with La Streisand. After all, she's got a new DK-produced album to plug. She's famously prickly about live performance, no?
Oh, yuck! I'll bet you're right.