Elvis nominated for two Grammys

Pretty self-explanatory
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

verbal gymnastics wrote:She obviously didn't do something very special to Mr Average :wink:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

Frankly, I was worried that she was going to kick my ass. I think she is a super female, with two XX chromosomes and a "Y" to boot. The female prison population has a disproportionate number of XXY females behind bars.

I know, because I saw it on a Cinemax movie, (pretty sure it was a documentary) called: "Young Vixens Behind Bars - Part 7".
"The smarter mysteries are hidden in the light" - Jean Giono (1895-1970)
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Like me, the "g" is silent.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

:lol: :lol: :lol: indeed! Although it might have been Part 8. I'll take a look through them all and let you know!
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://aroundtheworldblog.blogspot.com/ ... -time.html

Friday, February 16, 2007
LIVING ON CARNIVAL TIME

by Michael Snyder

( extract)

On Monday afternoon, the day after the Grammys, I was walking down Frenchmen Street in the Faubourg Marigny district next to the Quarter. I’d just been hanging out with fervent NoLa musician Kenny Claiborne, the guitar-slinging soul rebel who defied civic, state and national troops in the wake of Katrina; stayed in his home after the citywide evacuation; and, with the aid of a gas-powered generator, his home studio and a couple of speakers on his balcony, played DJ eight hours a day for his few remaining neighbors, the police, soldiers, and relief workers. With a microphone in hand, he asked passersby for requests, spun his favorites, and called it Radio Marigny. He’s a remarkable guy.

Anyway, I was heading back to Decatur Street to quaff a pint of Crescent City Brewhouse’s Carnival Bock, and suddenly, there was legendary producer-composer-keyboardist-singer Allen Toussaint driving his shiny convertible, top down, a female companion by his side. They slowly tooled past the strip of hotspots on Frenchmen: the Hookah, Café Brazil, d.b.a., the Spotted Cat, and the venerable Snug Harbor where pianist Ellis Marsalis-– father of jazz masters Wynton, Branford, Delfeayo, and Jason-- is in residence with his trio every Friday night. The previous evening, Toussaint was in Los Angeles to attend the Grammy ceremony. “The River in Reverse,â€