not too "shabby"

Pretty self-explanatory
Extreme Honey

Post by Extreme Honey »

BlueChair wrote:Huh?

This isn't an issue of how much we like Elvis, this is an issue of whether or not we think it's true that he sold as many records as this list suggests.

Personally, I don't believe it to be true. That doesn't make me any less of an Elvis fan.

And why are you ripping on Noiseradio? And who's Dave?
Sorry, Moderator, That was a tad unecessary, but well, you get the idea...It starts with how much Elvis sold and it ends with my usual blabber on how I think of the pre-trust-ies. As for Noiseradio, well, It's just a joke, I dont know the guy/girl. I dont have the faintest clue who Dave is but he better get ready for a slap...

Do I think Elvis sold a 100 million slammers?
yes, if we sum up all the albums, tours, promotions, singles and such together...It's impossible for the BEatles to have made more than a billion in album sales alone as well, they dont even have a top 3 albums, however they madew tons of money with the tours, singles, promotions and such.
So either I'm right, or Wikipedia is wrong (what more oculd you expect? It's free).
Preacher was a talkin' there's a sermon he gave,
He said every man's conscience is vile and depraved,
You cannot depend on it to be your guide
When it's you who must keep it satisfied
billyboy2674

Post by billyboy2674 »

I would suspect that they're including more things(compilations and so forth).
I just dont think they're wrong by such a wide margin though.
I posted this because I thought the figure to be a little inflated myself,and who knows-
maybe The Man is appreciated after all;despite the fact that albums like IB and ATUB were severely overlooked. :roll:
Poor Mr.Emerik,seems like everytime he and Elvis hook up it's a commercial disaster;even though the albums are great.But that's another topic altogether so I'll shut up now. :lol:
-let me tell you about her-
hush now,I've said too much.......
martin

Post by martin »

Just looking on the RIAA site bob dylan has 58 entries for Gold & Platinum records Springsteen has 81 and our boy has a grand total of ....7.if you toted up the total of all records EC has sold it would come nowhere near 100,000,000 may be more like 10,000,000 i would guess but if you divide that by 4 for most of us here who buy the albums 3 or 4 times whenever they are reissued!! :roll:
oily slick

Post by oily slick »

so lacklustre wrote:Maybe they're adding everyone called Elvis together.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm not concerned about the very poor.