Tom Cruise - is he nuts?

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

The Canadian Scientology headquarters is around the corner from Red and I. They offer free stress tests.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Yeah, they offer them all over the place, e.g., in the Harvard Square subway station. Frankly I'll take the Krishnas' free vegetarian food over the Scientolgists' free stress tests any day of the week. The Born-Againers give out free granola bars. However, the Lyndon LaRouchers win hands down, as they always give me a good laugh, and you can't buy that.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

I once went in and did their 'personality test'. After answering a bunch of rather vague questions on a positive-neutral-negative scale of 5 possible answers, they compiled a chart showing me what was supposedly wrong with me (they're anti-psychiatry, right?). Then they got pushy trying to sell me some of their books and I got angry and told them to fuck off.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

selfmademug wrote:Yeah, they offer them all over the place, e.g., in the Harvard Square subway station. Frankly I'll take the Krishnas' free vegetarian food over the Scientolgists' free stress tests any day of the week. The Born-Againers give out free granola bars. However, the Lyndon LaRouchers win hands down, as they always give me a good laugh, and you can't buy that.
Do they still have those two hippies selling their "Soul Matrix" CDs? How about the Stevie Wonder soundalike?
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
bobster

Post by bobster »

The Scientologists were in a way, former neighbors of mine. They own about 1/10 of Hollywood Blvd. and have an anti-psychiatry museum, complete with a tacky photo-realistic illustration of a guy being given shock treatment, nearby on Sunset.

I understand they're very bad tippers. (Gotta save money for those readings or whatever they're called.)

But I do admire Tom Cruise...because he's shortish and delusional about it. None of that Michael J. Fox honesty for him. In fact, my new policy is to only hang out with guys my own height or shorter and therefore I'll appear to be of slightly above-average height!
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

Yeah, they offer them all over the place, e.g., in the Harvard Square subway station. Frankly I'll take the Krishnas' free vegetarian food over the Scientolgists' free stress tests any day of the week. The Born-Againers give out free granola bars. However, the Lyndon LaRouchers win hands down, as they always give me a good laugh, and you can't buy that.
Me and a couple of friends took their test in the Back Bay many years ago - a giant waste of time - but we cause a little bit of commotion - we were going through a Hunter Thompson phase at the time.

I think the Mormons have got the Scientolgists beat for wacko religions though. They literally pulled that one out of a hat and even have their own state.
Everyone just needs to fuckin’ relax. Smoke more weed, the world is ending.
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Boy With A Problem wrote:[we were going through a Hunter Thompson phase at the time.
Dang I wish I'd known you back then, Boy!! :D :wink: