Random Thoughts

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

The Dylan lyric "your presence is obnoxious to me" has rung very true for me lately as far as my working life is concerned.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

I know it don't thrill you
I hope it don't kill you
Welcome to the working week

There's no escaping these people Blue. ever.
Everyone just needs to fuckin’ relax. Smoke more weed, the world is ending.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

I like my job, and generally the people, but one bad apple that was hired a few months back has definitely spoiled the overall mood around here.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

One bad apple don't spoil the whole bunch, Blue
Give it one more try before you give up on love...

you'll just have to imagine Donny dancing.

I meant to do that yesterday, only I was having my only little day in hell. so to make up for causing that day in hell, my boss gave me these.

Honest to God.
so, ya know, the next time some one comes needing their paycheck AND a bandage/cast cut off, why I'll be ready. :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

I had the same exact thought, Moody, but got sidetracked and didn't do it. I hope you take the thought well, Blue.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

YOU were going to give me a pair of doctor scissors too???? wow! that's some coincidence. :lol:
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

I can deal - at this point I'm onto my 10th last day of work before a 3 1/2 week break, so I guess I shouldn't complain too much :lol:
Mechanical Grace

Post by Mechanical Grace »

mood swung wrote:YOU were going to give me a pair of doctor scissors too???? wow! that's some coincidence. :lol:
Damn... Look, if a package arrives from me, such send it back without opening it, okay? 8)
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Har-dee-har-har. I was going to post the same lyrics, Moody. See if I come to one of your picnics again. :lol:
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

Now, now, everybody wants to come to my famous pick-a-nicks. Pies, tomato salads things, beer - what more could you ask for?

(don't answer that)
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

This weekend I'm moving for the third time in under a year. Let's all hope this place works out.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

I got chatted up by an attractive 20 year old woman last Friday in the pub (I don't think it was for a bet :? ).

When she asked how old I was I told her I was 43 and she said she thought I was 25! She then asked me if I was really 43 and when I said I was, she told me that was her dad's age :lol:

She asked me to go to a club afterwards but given the choice of going clubbing with a 20 year old girl and her 24 year old girl friend or going back to my empty house (as Mrs VG was away) with beer and a burger I chose the latter :lol: (no I did, honest!).

Big ego boost I can tell you. Especially as I have a face like a smacked backside.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
miss buenos aires

Congratulations, verbal! Both on the chatting up and your impressive show of restraint.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

miss buenos aires wrote:This weekend I'm moving for the third time in under a year. Let's all hope this place works out.
So you can get away with signing very sort leases there? Here I've found it hard to be offered one for 6 months or less.
miss buenos aires

bamboo:

Last August, I signed a year lease on a place that, unfortunately, came with a mentally unstable roommate. When it got to the point where I was starting to actually get scared, the landlord let me break the lease. (They ended up in court, but that's a different story.) In December, I found a new place, with a roommate who is not totally crazy, but who is a bit, um, hazy at times. That's why I was surprised when it turned out she'd actually been more alert than me about reading the lease (which the landlady didn't give us to sign until we'd already painted and moved in), and she had seen that we were required to move out in September, because she was selling the house. So I lined up a new living arrangement, but the lease starts, like, now, so I found someone to sublet for August. A couple of months ago, I found out that my current landlady actually wasn't going to be selling the place for awhile, and was willing to extend the lease until next July, but by that time I already had this new, more appealing thing lined up. So there you have it.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

That's a risk you take when you move about, try to be independent, look for adventure, "meet a lot of interesting people....." :)

All the best with your new place.

Btw, would you know how much the smallest self-contained rooms in NYC cost to rent? Those minute rooms with barely enough room to move just for yourself, where I'm guessing you'd share an external bathroom but might have a stove, a small fridge, a bed and a cupboard. And a window hopefully.
miss buenos aires

bambooneedle wrote:Btw, would you know how much the smallest self-contained rooms in NYC cost to rent? Those minute rooms with barely enough room to move just for yourself, where I'm guessing you'd share an external bathroom but might have a stove, a small fridge, a bed and a cupboard. And a window hopefully.
Um, probably about a grand? Just kidding, I have a friend who had something like that (common bathroom and kitchen, but lockable bedroom door), and I think he paid about $350? But that was in Brooklyn--way in Brooklyn, and it was a few years ago, so it's probably at least $500 by now. I believe he had a window.
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

Air travel has become such a service-poor industry it is stunning. I flew from OC to Charlotte today, FC, Delta. A mad bovine cargo would have been treated better.

Mooooooooooo. Mooooooooooooo. Arf. Mooooooooo Mooooooooo. Meow. (mad cow)
"The smarter mysteries are hidden in the light" - Jean Giono (1895-1970)
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Do we really need to hear the details of Bush's colonoscopy via major news outlets?
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

BlueChair wrote:Do we really need to hear the details of Bush's colonoscopy via major news outlets?
Did they find his head up there?
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
Mechanical Grace

Post by Mechanical Grace »

I thought the coverage on The Daily Show was fantastic, personally. 8)
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

miss buenos aires wrote:Um, probably about a grand? Just kidding, I have a friend who had something like that (common bathroom and kitchen, but lockable bedroom door), and I think he paid about $350? But that was in Brooklyn--way in Brooklyn, and it was a few years ago, so it's probably at least $500 by now. I believe he had a window.
Not bad. I once stayed in a student block with rooms of about 5' x 10', it's ok if you don't need to have a lot of stuff with you.
StrictTime

Post by StrictTime »

Vinyl is better than CD

and

I hope I don't get into an argument at Dorney today.
Why don't you write about it in your blag?
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

StrictTime wrote:I hope I don't get into an argument at Dorney today.
Why might you?
StrictTime

Post by StrictTime »

A day spent in the hot sun with my two little brothers, aged thirteen and fifteen, does not bode well for pleasant family relations. Fifteen year old is at the age where he always thinks he is right, and he has alpha dog syndrome. One of his favourite pastimes is starting a conversation: 'Hey Cate, Elvis Costello sucks.'

Luckily the day went rather well. I came home with sunburn and a strange realization: Both of them have greatly outgrown me. When going on rides, they have to sit on the outside and bear the brunt of everyone else smooshing up against them. Really weird moment there, when I realized that. But hey, they'll always be my 'baby brothers', an endearment they both heartily despise. :lol:
Why don't you write about it in your blag?