Post Your Picture

Post pictures of yourself, your family, or just things you found interesting.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Mr. Average wrote:Lot's of Innocence, A bit of enthusiasm/excitement, and a really sweet face. You must be very, very proud.
Thanks Mr. A. She's a sweetheart.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
Tim(e)

Post by Tim(e) »

Who Shot Sam? wrote:
Mr. Average wrote:Lot's of Innocence, A bit of enthusiasm/excitement, and a really sweet face. You must be very, very proud.
Thanks Mr. A. She's a sweetheart.
And let's face it, based of my brief encounter with her parents, she has a couple of great role models does she not ;)

Having had one start kindergarten last year and another to go through it the year after next, I can vouch for it being an exciting period of her life... it being a time when kids start to develop real and lasting friendships outside of the family.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Tim(e) wrote:And let's face it, based of my brief encounter with her parents, she has a couple of great role models does she not ;)
Yep, she's already drinking too much beer and staying out late! :wink:
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Suitably enthused by positive reactions to young Rudy, let me join the 'kids on first day of school' theme and post my littlest (nearly 5) on his first day in the reception year of primary school, together with his 9 year-old bro'. Both in their new shoes.

And here signing up for a junior Batman message board:

There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

Am I mistaken, or is the 9 year old a member of Riverway?

Seriously, these are wonderful pictures. Congratulations. How long before they ask you to help with the mathematics homework and you find yourself staring at the textbook pages wondering why they are teaching children nuclear physics. It isn't nuclear (or Nucular) physics...justs looks like it.

The great equalizer, that mathematics.
"The smarter mysteries are hidden in the light" - Jean Giono (1895-1970)
Otis Westinghouse

It happened with my oldest (12) this week. I was one of the best in my school year at maths, but this involved concepts that were either known to me or too long forgotten. It took me quite a while to puzzle it out, and then I tried to convey it to my boy - not easy! He's been promoted from second to top set, so he's up against it. The final question was so difficult that almost no-one could get it, inlcuding me. Left me anxious for a day trying to get my head round it.
whar

Post by whar »

Ofcourse these are all taken from my myspace profile:
http://www.myspace.com/oiwiththepoodlesalready
Last edited by whar on Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oy with the poodles, already!
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

every 3 years, I have to relearn long division.

Your boys are beautiful, Otis. Love the saggin' and baggin'. The footwear, not so much. :lol:
Like me, the "g" is silent.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Great pics Otis!
Otis Westinghouse

Thanks! The footwear will soon look scuffed. Smells lovely new. The lace-ups on the bigger boy are significant: his first, and he's still struggling to master the art.

I enjoyed my trip to your space, WHAR. I didn't understand the format of the photos with names above like 'fuck you very much', but it made for a fun visit.
whar

Post by whar »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:
I enjoyed my trip to your space, WHAR. I didn't understand the format of the photos with names above like 'fuck you very much', but it made for a fun visit.
Hah, no, no "fuck you very much"'s made it onto my Myspace.

"in your bed lying dead,
WILL THAT GET YOUR ATTENTION ASSHOLE"
- from an I Am The Avalanche song
Oy with the poodles, already!
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

WSS & OTIS: Too cute!! They are all beautiful kids!!
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

All of your kids are cute, but let's see more pics of actual board members here :D
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

How 'bout this - I'll get my pitcure taken with Mr. Puffy Hair this weekend, then post it here?
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Sounds good to me
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
Otis Westinghouse

Yes please! He's a big name in the world of the baton, is he not. Very big. Bring it on.

Blue: you're just jealous cos you ain't got there yet. Once you do, you'll be starting threads for each one of your progeny, charting their monthly progress.
Otis Westinghouse

Hey, Blue, I and I haven't even shown you all my biggest, who'll be 13 in January. Here he is reading the album reviews, with Rudy on his lap:

And it's my youngest's 5th biirthday, so you have to allow me another of him:

One of me? Oh OK then, as long as I can be surrounded by kids:

I was having a good time, honest! Maybe just a little wrecked after a loooonnng week, and full of artery-clogging nosh. For the astute observers of American restaurant chains among you, yes, that's Chili's, Cambridge's own little slice of the USA. It's always our kids' first choice of place to eat on their birthdays. Well at least it isn't Macdonalds.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Great looking kids, Otis. The dad? Eh. :wink:

You don't look overjoyed to be eating at Chili's. I know the feeling.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Otis, you look very sinister there. Cute kids though, for sure.
oily slick

Post by oily slick »

hey, be happy you don't have Chuck E Cheese over there.
I'm not concerned about the very poor.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

or freaking Mr. Gatti's. it is HELL.

I have never eaten at Chili's.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

mood swung wrote:or freaking Mr. Gatti's. it is HELL.
We don't have those up here, but here's a little snippet from their website. It does indeed sound hellish, the "alcohol free" part especially. "Eatertainment"! LOL.

"Through an ever-changing restaurant industry, Mr. Gatti's has evolved conceptually beyond being "The Best Pizza In Town." This evolution has brought about many changes to the basic Mr. Gatti's. In the early 1980's, the company enhanced its traditional dine-in "order from the menu" concept to include a buffet concept. Now known as the "All You Care-To-Eat Buffet," this format enabled Mr. Gatti's to position its quality product as an affordable alternative to "generic" fast food establishments. Mr. Gatti's "All You Care-To-Eat Buffet" consists of a wide variety of pizzas, pasta, salad bars and desserts. Pick-up and delivery stores or "Gatti's-To-Go" were developed to provide the same great pizza to our customers at their homes or offices.

In the late 1980's, a key transformation occurred as Mr. Gatti's stores began to integrate family-oriented entertainment with the quality buffet concept by adding small game rooms to existing facilities. From 1990 to 1996, the company continued to refine and develop this Gattiland "Eatertainment" concept by designing larger facilities to include party rooms and separate, specialized dining areas. Gattiland was designed for mid-sized trade areas.

Building on the positive results at Gattiland, the company modified the original "Eatertainment" concept by developing the larger Gattitown facility. The superstore serves as the flagship format of the company and targets areas with populations of 250,000 or greater. It has a footprint of a minimum of 30,000 sq. ft. and a 15,000 sq. ft. Midway game room. The enhanced game room combines carnival type arcade games with bumper cars, high tech video games and virtual reality games. Games of skill award points; which can be redeemed for prizes at the redemption center. The games are played with an electronic debit card called the redemption card which tracks points and enhances the frequency of play.

The "Eatertainment" concept provides dramatic enhancements to the company's traditional "All You Care to Eat" buffet facility. Dining areas include a quiet space for relaxed dining, and a Fun Flix Video Room containing cartoons and nostalgic comedy shown on large screens, TV rooms for viewing sports events and other favorite programs, and private rooms which can be reserved for birthday celebrations, business meetings or social functions. These concepts create a destination for families, emphasized by creating a smoke-free, alcohol-free environment, which excludes games that depict excessive violence. Once customers have purchased a buffet, they have access to the game rooms and the redemption centers that contain a vast selection of prizes to encourage repeat business and frequency of play."
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

No shit. I would so need a few drinks in that situation...
Otis Westinghouse

BlueChair wrote:Otis, you look very sinister there. Cute kids though, for sure.
You request board folk and I get accused of this! Will have to get one of myself looking insanely jolly. I was just tired, and with a nascent headache that prevented me from going near booze. One thing I'll say for Chili's is that they give kids real chicken. When you're used to every kids' menu in the country featuring reconstituted crap chicken nuggets, a proper piece of meat with a nice crispy batter on it seems wholly admirable. This is what 5 year old Michael ate, fine by me. That's about the best thing I can say for them, though I always enjoy finding out where the waiters are from. Last night it was Istanbul (though as a Besiktas fan he was unimpressed to hear I'd seen Galatasaray play at home in the Champions' League).
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Otis, is that your Mr Bean impersonation?
signed with love and vicious kisses