Random Thoughts

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Nothing but rave reviews over here, it seems, e,g, http://music.guardian.co.uk/rock/review ... 14,00.html
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Still sounds awful. :?
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

For what they did, I think they did a pretty good job. But I'm still waiting for them to remaster the damn catalogue already and stop mucking about with this other rubbish :D
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

BlueChair wrote:For what they did, I think they did a pretty good job. But I'm still waiting for them to remaster the damn catalogue already and stop mucking about with this other rubbish :D
Springsteen too. The Born to Run reissue was so beautifully done - why are they not doing the same with the rest of his early albums?
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Kramer's racist diatribe - WTF?

That's his career in the shitter. Or will he just come out tomorrow and say he is seeking treatment for alcoholism or was sexually abused as a boy?
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

what career?

am I the only person bored to death with the Beatles?
Like me, the "g" is silent.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

mood swung wrote:what career?
Moviefone guy. :wink:
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

BlueChair wrote:For what they did, I think they did a pretty good job. But I'm still waiting for them to remaster the damn catalogue already and stop mucking about with this other rubbish :D
The fact that they haven't remastered the whole catalogue for so long should go straight to "What The Fuck ...." thread.
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

There are rumours that it'll happen in 2007, but there was also a 30th anniversary Sgt. Pepper set that even had packaging all ready to go before it was pulled and of course the long-awaited Let It Be film that was supposedly remastered and restored for DVD like 5 years ago, so I'll believe it when I see it...
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
Mike Boom

Post by Mike Boom »

Its a crime Let It Be hasnt been re-done for DVD. Its the best Beatles film by a long shot and is endlessly fascinating to watch.

The part where McCartney tries to tell George how to play the bended note on "Ive Got A Feeling" is priceless.

"I'll play it anyway you want to - or I wont play at all if it'll make you happy".

..and I imagine there are all kinds of tasty bits that were deleted - if they were saved from the cutting room floor that is.

Great film.
echos myron like a siren
with endurance like the liberty bell
and he tells you of the dreamers
but he's cracked up like the road
and he'd like to lift us up, but we're a very heavy load
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

guess so.
Mechanical Grace

Post by Mechanical Grace »

Mike Boom wrote:
The part where McCartney tries to tell George how to play the bended note on "Ive Got A Feeling" is priceless.
Impossible not to remember that every time you hear that song, after having seen the film. Funny thing is, it does end up as THE killer moment in that track, don't you think? Though who knows what genius George would have blessed us with, unfettered by Paul's megalomania.
Mike Boom

Post by Mike Boom »

Yeah, I mean, I think McCartney was muscially right 99% of the time, which probably made him even more insufferable to deal with.

Lets just say I dont think he would have tried to tell John how to play it, who just seems to moon around the whole time over Yoko, oblivious to the whole thing.
echos myron like a siren
with endurance like the liberty bell
and he tells you of the dreamers
but he's cracked up like the road
and he'd like to lift us up, but we're a very heavy load
Mechanical Grace

Mike Boom wrote:Yeah, I mean, I think McCartney was muscially right 99% of the time, which probably made him even more insufferable to deal with.
Precisely. My ex-husband was a bit like that. Though not a musical genius...
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

Everyone just needs to fuckin’ relax. Smoke more weed, the world is ending.
Mechanical Grace

Can't argue with that.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

I used to watch the LA Thunderbirds roller derby matches on TV. My dad once asked my sister what she wanted to be when she grew up and she told him she wanted to be a roller derby queen. He was mortified. It didn't work out, alas.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

I can regionalize my childhood by tv shows. California - roller derby and Channel 30 Fun Time. Virginia - I Love Lucy reruns. Missouri - Afterschool Specials and Sonny & Cher. Tennessee - Dallas, M*A*S*H and As The World Turns.

My oldest turned 21 yesterday. I cannot be this old.
Goody2Shoes

Post by Goody2Shoes »

Bourbon before 11 AM packs a surprisingly powerful punch.
It's a radiation vibe I'm groovin' on
Mechanical Grace

I commend you on your efficient use of alcohol!
Goody2Shoes

Post by Goody2Shoes »

Yep, tremdous bang for the buck that way!
It's a radiation vibe I'm groovin' on
Otis Westinghouse

Especially if it's Knob Creek.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

My daughter went back to horse riding this week after a 10 year break. They put her on a horse to assess which class she should be put in and what should it be called but 'Hobnob'! Quite fitting really seeing as Hobnob biscuits taste like hay!!! :lol:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
Otis Westinghouse

Sounds like a tasty horse! I bet it really made your day that it was called that! Put the last two posts together and you get Hobknob Creek!
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Who Shot Sam? wrote:Kramer's racist diatribe - WTF?

That's his career in the shitter. Or will he just come out tomorrow and say he is seeking treatment for alcoholism or was sexually abused as a boy?
Have been following that story with interest but wouldn't write off his career yet. People love redemption stories. Starring in a good 'conscience movie' could do it. It's not convincing enough now for him to just say that he's not a racist and continue to apologize, that will just make it worse imo.

He needs to admit that after his initial shocking offensive statement he only made it worse and worse by trying to justify it, by "being in character" and then saying "it shocks you, what's underneath" etc when there was no real justification for selling out black folks like that for some apparent humour. Or to vent his rage, whatever. So he should have known better but he didn't because he must really have major racial issues to have to come to terms with. Or something like that. Nip it in the bud. I wonder if something is holding him back from doing so. Hmm, he's a Master Mason... pretty mysterious.