Wake up you footy fans!!!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

That's why he needs his own changing room.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Here we go! A little something to get you in the mood:

Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

I always thought it was "Jesus Saves but [insert your own favourite player] scores the rebound".

And nice to see David Beckham looking good in his new England kit!
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Strange fact - Michael Jackson is a Fulham fan (must be from a few years back):

Speaking of their recent trip to a European Football game Michael spoke of his newly discovered love for the sport, "I knew nothing about soccer and I've never been to any sporting event, so it was a great experience for me. I'm a soccer fan now, definitely. I'm addicted. It was so exciting and passionate - the fans were like the people who come to my concerts. They were screaming and shouting and cheering their players on. I loved it. I wanted to jump up and start dancing because I'm used to performing on stage when I hear all that noise. The fans were great, although they seemed pretty surprised to see me. I have no doubt that Fulham will be promoted, they seemed a really good team with a great spirit. I met all the players and they were so kind to me."
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

I always thought his favourite team was West Ham. For those who don't know West Ham's theme song is "I'm forever blowing bubbles"
signed with love and vicious kisses
Otis Westinghouse

We're back! Ruud starts what will be an unstoppable season, Roons shows he will deliver. EVS is the new Schmeichel. Top that Arseski.
Otis Westinghouse

Good on Mourinho for saying straight out they didn't deserve to win. God that was close. 0-0 would have suited me very well. Sodding Crespo. Lots of red cards this weekend, not all equally deserved.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:Good on Mourinho for saying straight out they didn't deserve to win. God that was close. 0-0 would have suited me very well. Sodding Crespo. Lots of red cards this weekend, not all equally deserved.
I'm happy to have Crespo back. He is a quality striker - the only question has been his ability to settle in England. Hopefully this time around it will be better.

The red card on Jenas was very harsh. Haven't seen Dickov's challenge yet, but it sounds terrible.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Jenas' tackle was dangerous and therefore the red card was deserved. The others that I saw were all deserved.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

so lacklustre wrote:Jenas' tackle was dangerous and therefore the red card was deserved. The others that I saw were all deserved.
Just been reduced to a yellow card, so someone obviously disagrees with you. It was a dangerous tackle, but not a sending off IMO.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Can't see why, the regulations this season state that dangerous tackles get a red card. I'm in favour of using video evidence to right injustices, but this was a case of the referee making a marginal decision at the time (and I admit that a case could be made for either a red or yellow card), so why change it later. The pundits on motd2 said the red was deserved (admittedly the irritating LeSaux).
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Essien reportedly on his way to Chelsea now, and Jarosik to Birmingham City on a permanent deal, or so I hear.
Otis Westinghouse

so lacklustre wrote:the irritating LeSaux
Leave Jersey's only ever football star alone!

The definition of 'dangerous' is pretty vague, is it not? Two taqckles can look equally dangerous, and one can lead to a broken leg, and the other a scratch. dickov's was totally earned. Utter fucking twat, diving in with two feet.
Otis Westinghouse

Who Shot Sam? wrote:Essien reportedly on his way to Chelsea now
Yawn, yawn, yawn. This is getting beyond funny.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:
Who Shot Sam? wrote:Essien reportedly on his way to Chelsea now
Yawn, yawn, yawn. This is getting beyond funny.
It won't be so funny when he puts two past you at Old Trafford.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

How long before the unplayed stars at SB begin to get disaffected? Or are they all just happy getting their fat pay days?

Manure fans should be the last to start moaning at Chelscum, before Abramovich came along Manure dominated the market for ten years, inflating prices and generally acting like the bully boys that reflect their manager.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

so lacklustre wrote:How long before the unplayed stars at SB begin to get disaffected? Or are they all just happy getting their fat pay days?
Could happen, but I expect that, like last season, there will be a few injuries, which should give everyone plenty of time on the pitch.
Otis Westinghouse

so lacklustre wrote:Manure fans should be the last to start moaning at Chelscum, before Abramovich came along Manure dominated the market for ten years, inflating prices and generally acting like the bully boys that reflect their manager.
Yeah, and their success was founded largely on the fruits of the youth team.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Kanoute off to Sevilla. Break out the champagne, Gilli!
Otis Westinghouse

4-1, Jaysus!
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Didn't see it, but sounds like Carragher, Rio, Johnson and James had a shocker.

I watched the US WC qualifying match against Trinidad & Tobago from Hartford. I had contemplated going a few months ago but decided against it. Glad I didn't go - McBride scored in the second minute then we spent the rest of the evening wasting chances. Lots of sloppy passes and poor finishing. Dwight Yorke playing for T&T.

BTW, can ESPN please get someone who knows something about the game to do the commentary? It's not a PK you effing morons, it's a penalty. Still, not as bad as the NY MetroStars commentators, who use American football terminology. I'm almost tempted to watch the broadcasts in Spanish.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Who Shot Sam? wrote:
so lacklustre wrote:How long before the unplayed stars at SB begin to get disaffected? Or are they all just happy getting their fat pay days?
Could happen, but I expect that, like last season, there will be a few injuries, which should give everyone plenty of time on the pitch.
Ahem, Carvalho has started the moaninhoing after being left out of the first game. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 160386.stm

Didn't see the friendly and don't care, but how James ever made the England squad ever ever ever is boyond me, and surely there are better back up right backs than Johnson? He always looks shite when he plays for chelscum and seems to get picked because he was a good prospect two years ago.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

so lacklustre wrote:...and surely there are better back up right backs than Johnson? He always looks shite...and seems to get picked because he was a good prospect two years ago.
John Barnes made a career out of it.

But we were awful. Having four of your back five playing so badly can only help your opponents.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

so lacklustre wrote:Ahem, Carvalho has started the moaninhoing after being left out of the first game. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 160386.stm

Didn't see the friendly and don't care, but how James ever made the England squad ever ever ever is boyond me, and surely there are better back up right backs than Johnson? He always looks shite when he plays for chelscum and seems to get picked because he was a good prospect two years ago.
Lord Percy can sit, for all I care. Terry/Gallas is a much better central defensive pairing. Johnson lacks concentration and should probably be turned into a midfielder because he's not bad going forward, but I doubt that will happen for him at Chelsea.

I see that mulleted little Spanish turd Fabregas is already mouthing off about the lovely football Arsenal plays and how Chelsea can't match it. His mum also visits him from Spain to make him yummy milk drinks and presumably read him bedtime stories. I am so tired of this superior football nonsense. If they're so fucking superior why did they finish so far off the pace last season?
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Who Shot Sam? wrote:Kanoute off to Sevilla. Break out the champagne, Gilli!
Already celebrating here - and about bloody time too! Hes so bad he could have played for England yesterday!! Image

Gawd what a night! I dont think ive ever seen a worse performance by England. My partner comforted himself by saying Sven has a master plan to lull all the world cup contestants into a false sense of security but im panicking here! I think we can safely say thats the end of James international career - I know he can be a bit dodgy sometimes but that was dire by anyones standards!! The only one with any credit on the pitch was Rooney. I was really looking forward to the world cup but im shitting myself now..............
COME ON YOU SPURS!!