Fantasy Football 2006-2007

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Who Shot Sam? wrote:My team has been removed from the Clubland league for some strange reason, and the support guy tells me that I need to contact Otis to get the new league code so that I can re-enter, as he's been designated Admin (not sure why). In any case, Appalling FC will be back as soon as Otis gets back from New York, I imagine. I'd be happy to join the Austinator's league in the meantime. What's another league or two?
I don't get this, despite your explanation on Friday. They haven't contact me, so I have no league number. And as the league exists under its original number, how can a new one be created? Am stuck for a solution.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

I'm back in now, so everyone can exhale! :wink: :wink:
Otis Westinghouse

I'm still miles down there, but a good weekend with at least 3 goal scorers sees me as current leader for October, until Fulham play tomorrow, that is, and VG overtakes me!

The perfect confluence of fantasy and reality yesterday when my defender Baines put Wigan ahead against The Mighty, to then see his team flattened by a supreme second half performance. Rooney looking like Rooney again, and Ole can't stop. Great stuff.
Otis Westinghouse

This weekend less successful. Well Baines will have brought me more with what looks like an assist in Wigan's 4-0 drubbing of Man Shitty, but the totally fucking inevitable has happened' after 8 weeks of rubbish, I sell useless Sheva and the total knobhead goes and scores, and Drogba, his replacement, hasn't, thus far. And Andy Johnson, my captain, didn't take the penalty for the offence on him. All rather frustrating.
Mechanical Grace

Post by Mechanical Grace »

Oh for crap sake. What's with all my players getting piddly points? Oy.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

I had dumped Sheva a few weeks ago. Thought he played well today, but Drogs bagged a few points, and I got double for naming him as captain. Really hacked off about conceding that goal to Benjani - fucked my points from Terry, but I surprisingly got 6 from DeMerit for Watford's clean sheet. Looks like I got rid of James and benched my Pompey defenders at the right time.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
Otis Westinghouse

James still got 5 for loads of awesome saves. He's having a great season. Could have been a landslide otherwise. Pompey clearly missing Stefanovic, but then again, their impressive position was sure to not look so hot once they came up against the likes of Chelsea, especially with their chests all pumped up from Wednesday (disappointingly, the Madrid taxi-driver who took me in from the airport that night as the game took place ddidn't have the radio on - I was looking forward to some classic Catalan-hating 'Come on you Chelsea' type nonsense from the typically fascistic driver, but I guess that generation are dying out somewhat.

If only I could freeze October right now - I'm actually top for the month of both our league and work's. This is due to two decent weeks in a very low-gameweek month, with Baines and Barry making a big difference. And of course you lot with Henry will be ahead of me again once he bangs in a couple against Reading.

Very happy to lose points on Terry and see your goal diff squeezed. Here's hoping tomorrow's biggie reflects form for the season so far.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:Here's hoping tomorrow's biggie reflects form for the season so far.
Not as much of a "biggie" as you might have expected when the season began. Liverpool are looking very average - and that's being charitable.
Otis Westinghouse

It's always a massive event, regafrdless of poor form. Great to see Scholes so good this season, and today on his 500th, and Giggs and Neville giving it their all too. Arsenal were formidable (in both English and French!) today. Would love to see them do that to Chelsea.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:Would love to see them do that to Chelsea.
I'm sure you would. I'm thinking an own goal by Gaul-arse.
Otis Westinghouse

Total football, can't beat it.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Against the minnows.
Otis Westinghouse

Not according to the league leaders!
Mechanical Grace

Post by Mechanical Grace »

Frank Lampard has now officially saved my ass.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

A terrible week for me. Not so bad until Pompey let in that late goal. The Arsenal draw didn't help either, but I'm not going to complain too much about that! :)
Otis Westinghouse

I go and put in sodding Henry, incurring an exceedingly rare (2 or 3 times in over three years) penalty of 4 points to do so, and look what happens. But who gives a shit? The sort of weekend where the real thing was of such superior significance that I would be happy to be bottom of all leagues if it carries on this way.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

I was going to change my captain to Lampard but thought that the boy Henry was playing superbly so thought this would continue. Henry had an absolute stinker and Lampard scored and assisted.

A great decision by myself :lol:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Otis Westinghouse

Sounds like I've been advising you.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

I'm doing shite this season - every time I sell a player he gets megga points and every time I buy one that been getting megga points his score goes to zero!!

My son Chelsea Lions is second at the moment wont give me any tips and even my partner wearesheep is doing better than me! I dont wanna play anymore *stomping foot* :lol:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
verbal gymnastics

Gillibeanz wrote:My son Chelsea Lions is second at the moment wont give me any tips and even my partner wearesheep is doing better than me! I dont wanna play anymore *stomping foot* :lol:
You should tell them that the people running the League are unhappy at recent transfer activities involving Chelsea Lions and wearesheep and that an independent (ie yourself) committee has been set up to investigate. If they do not fully co-operate then there could be a points deduction (to be set by yourself).

There will be no right of appeal.

You could then take backhanders (ie regular transfer tips) to ensure a clean bill of help.

Or you could just accept you deserve what you get for having a team called Super Spurs (with no Spurs players in it) coupled with keeping Steven Gerrard in instead of Lampard!
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

VG: I did have spurs players but transfered them out when they were doing shite!!! Pretty good move going by our result again this week: :lol:

I have told my son and partner that I am withdrawing all privileges until my position improves. They may have all the glory of beating me in the league but lets see how gleeful they are when they have no clean clothes and starve to death in a filth encrusted house!! :lol:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
verbal gymnastics

Gillibeanz wrote:I have told my son and partner that I am withdrawing all privileges until my position improves. They may have all the glory of beating me in the league but lets see how gleeful they are when they have no clean clothes and starve to death in a filth encrusted house!! :lol:
And especially your partner is you withdraw [/i]all privileges :wink:
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Decent week for me in the fantasy footy at least. Picked the right time to dump Calamity James.
Otis Westinghouse

Maybe not. Even though they've started letting them in (and let's face it, who can stop Manchester '21 goal difference' United scoring right now), James still managed to get 3 points, the same as your new star signing who only let in the 1. Lehmann has 23 saves listed, James 52. he's been pulling off great saves all season, so remains a good propsect, though a few clean sheets now would help.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

My level of suckitude increased geometrically. But, in another world, in another game -

cry, freddy! cry!

Revs v. Dynamo, next Sunday. HooHAH!
Like me, the "g" is silent.