Most Overrated Band/Artist Ever

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Copenhagen Fan wrote: Yeah we've had this one before when you dogged Jerry Garcia big time! :lol: I've listened to Document a million times, and there are some cools songs and cool guitar playing at times. But also VERY lame playing. Maybe I'll check out Tuatara. My Peter Buck fandom is more in the early period, Carnival of Sorts type stuff and Murmur through Pageant.

It's not lame playing. It's appropriate playing for the songs. They don't feel the need to noodle and run up and down the fretboard. Thank God! That Grateful Dead/Fish/Every Other Jam Band In the World ENDLESS SOLO CRAP....drives me ape. What you want is a showoff. Not interested.

Peter Buck is the most tasteful guitarist in modern rock. And for that, I love him.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

I like early 70s Dead cause they were less prone to jam on a song for 20 minutes then they were in the 60s. I don't think a single song on American Beauty is more than 6 minutes long. Much more lyrical than their earlier stuff which kind of went on endlessly.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

Noise Radio Wrote -
Peter Buck is the most tasteful guitarist in modern rock. And for that, I love him.
But you wouldn't want to sit next to him on a flight across the Atlantic.
Everyone just needs to fuckin’ relax. Smoke more weed, the world is ending.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Not if he's drinking... :D
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
clairequilty

Post by clairequilty »

U2 was an underrated band that has become an overrated candy bar.

But I'd still put my money on EC... Eric Clapton.