Elvis on TV Friday morning 9/26/03

Pretty self-explanatory
HungupStrungup

Elvis on TV Friday morning 9/26/03

Post by HungupStrungup »

I think this deserves its own thread for those who may have missed it.

If your feet are firmly planted and the ground and you have so far refused to believe it, it seems to be real:

Elvis on "Live with Regis and Kelly" Friday, 9-10 AM EDT. Consult your local listings and set your VCR's Regis filter.
Last edited by HungupStrungup on Thu Sep 25, 2003 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
"But it's a dangerous game that comedy plays
Sometimes it tells you the truth
Sometimes it delays it"
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

that just sounds painful beyond belief.

must tape.
... name the stars and constellations,
count the cars and watch the seasons....
Misha

Post by Misha »

I don't know who to feel sorrier for...Elvis or the dork twins. If Elvis is awake and ready, I pity the idiots...
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
Pov

Post by Pov »

Misha wrote:I don't know who to feel sorrier for...Elvis or the dork twins. If Elvis is awake and ready, I pity the idiots...
Why? I'm sure he'll be charming.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

I always find it funny with certain artists, how their target marketing audience can change almost completely from album to album. Would the Elvis of When I Was Cruel be on Regis & Kelly? I don't think so! Much in the same way that I doubt the North Elvis will be on MTV2.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

EC = housewives choice!

Anyone ever seen this thing called 'In the Actor's Studio'? I found it on sky channel Performance and thing it's really great (if a little toadying)...it has these actors waxing lyrical about performances etc., in front of an eager audience.... got me thinking 'why don't they do a music version of this?'

I'd love to see EC or someone on a programme which can ask genuinely interesting musical questions without having to plug the new record.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

There's a show on the same network (Bravo) called Musicians, hosted by Rolling Stone critic David Wild, which is pretty similar. And Elvis was on the program while he was promoting WIWC.

Good series, unfortunately only a few episodes were aired. Other episodes featured Lou Reed, Randy Newman, Chris Stein and Debbie Harry from Blondie, and Sheryl Crow.
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

IS EDT the same as EST? I live in Michigan, is Regis on at 9 am or 10 am? sorry my brain isn't working tonight folks....school all day, work all night... :cry: don't cry for me friends, i'm sure you guys work way harder and maybe even have little kids to yell at. I'll have to tape it!
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Eastern is Eastern, baby
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

Alright, yeah, go East! woohoo east rules.

I want to go north too now!!!!!!!

9 am....here we go. Friday morning. I can't skip that class......right? can I? :?: :idea:
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Regis & Kelly is about the lamest excuse for skipping class I can think of!
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

WOAH!!! Good thing we're talking about this Blue!! I have aN EXAM Friday morning at 10!!!!! Holy crap, thanks for helping remind me!!

yikes.
Goody2Shoes

Post by Goody2Shoes »

laughingcrow wrote:EC = housewives choice!
He is certainly this housewife's choice. :)
It's a radiation vibe I'm groovin' on
bobster

Post by bobster »

I sorta like Regis. I'm guessing that on Friday morning, he'll be "out of control." Expect bad punk rock jokes!
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

LessThanZero wrote:IS EDT the same as EST?
EDT= Eastern Daylight (savings) Time= summer
EST= Eastern Standard Time= winter

Unless the seasons are reversed, but I think that's the right way. I remember asking myself why the summertime is daylight savings, since you've got so much sunlight that you don't need to save it. One of life's little mysteries. Unless I'm wrong about the seasons, in which case it all makes perfect sense.
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

I'm ashamed to say that of all the opportunities to see E on TV/simlucast, this is the only one my schedule and my TV could manage.

R&K were cringe-inducing (Bunny, you would not have liked to hear the Reeg call Steve "babe") and the talk was minimal. But STILL was lovely, and I think it was a shrewd move, cause it really could get him some new audience, which he deserves, as we all know.

But what's with the lame hand gestures? Whatever he's trying to there, it wasn't working. But maybe if you haven't seen him perform a bunch you wouldn't notice the awkward strangeness of it.... hmmm.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

I'm here, Mug, in the Central Time zone, watching the show right now. And taping it.

Elvis is witty and nicely dressed, but what is it with the purple ties?

Oh well, he's getting nice attention on the show. I'm waiting for him to sing Still - commercial is still on.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Oooooh, and we got to see Steve playing piano as well!

I swear, they are so good together, Elvis and Steve. My hubby jokes that the reason Elvis can't stay married is that Steve is really his one true sould mate. :wink:
pip_52

Post by pip_52 »

That's his favorite tie . . .
E.C. Lover

Post by E.C. Lover »

Selfmademug,
Those goofy hand gestures are freaky! I noticed it on Letterman the other night. He looks naked standing there without a guitar and seems like maybe he feels a little awkward.
When he put his hand in his pocket that's when he looked like a good crooner. He should review some old Tony Bennet, or Sinatra tapes for some suggestions on proper crooning stance.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

I assumed those hand gestures were actually signals to Steve, since Steve rather plays the piano around Elvis to compliment his voice.
Goody2Shoes

Post by Goody2Shoes »

I was almost afraid to watch, what with the Ms. Mug's review and the fact that I can barely stomach R and K. But I have to admit that it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Except for the Babe thing. "That was great, Babe", or something like that!

Someone mentioned in some other thread that EC wears that look like a uniform, and I gotta agree. The same tie in appearances 2 days apart. He looks great in it, but mix up the ties a little!

Steve, however, looked gloriously nerdy! Those glasses and that unkempt hair knock me out!
It's a radiation vibe I'm groovin' on
bobster

Post by bobster »

I missed it! This is what I get for being a late riser and forgetful.

I turned it on just in time for the closing. There was Kelly, holding a couple of cans of whip cream and Regis holding (but not showing, like he was probably supposed to) a copy of what sure looked like "North" to me.

Oh, well. I really think "Still" has the potential to be that big #1 hit he's never had here. Of course, I say that about one song on the release of every album....Still, with that big hit version of "She," he seems to have a little momentum with the ballad housewives (an offshoot of Soccer Moms).
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

That was Regis holding a copy of North at the close of the show. I used to think Kathie Lee bothered me a lot but with Kelly. . . . .

I only tolerated the show to see Elvis. And he looked divine, not to mention Steve. 8)
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

Even in his rock shows, Elvis gesturesto/conducts/quiets down Steve every once in a while with his right hand.