Billboard - Costello Plans 'North' Bonuses, Performances

Pretty self-explanatory
BlueChair

Billboard - Costello Plans 'North' Bonuses, Performances

Post by BlueChair »

The title track of Elvis Costello's upcoming release "North" won't be included on the CD. Instead, purchasers of the album will receive a personal identification number (PIN) allowing access to a downloadable studio version of the song through Costello's official Web site.

Additionally, the first 100,000 copies of "North" will include a limited-edition DVD boasting live performance videos of the title track and the new song "Fallen." The DVD will also feature a video clip for the studio recording of "Still."

As previously reported, the album is due Sept. 23 in the U.S. via Deutsche Grammophon; it will be released Monday (Sept. 8 ) in Japan and southeast Asia and Sept. 15 in the U.K. and Canada.

Comprised solely of ballads, the intimate 11-track album features instrumentation ranging from solo piano on the song "You Turned to Me" to a 48-piece ensemble conducted by Costello.

During the week of the album's release, Costello will be highly visible, with concerts Sept. 22 and 24 at New York's intimate Town Hall accompanied only by Attractions/Imposters keyboardist and frequent collaborator Steve Nieve.

On Sept. 23, he'll stage an invitation-only performance at the city's Museum of Television & Radio that will be simulcast live to the museum's sister facility in Los Angeles and to Virgin Megastore locations in New York, Boston, Orlando, Fla., Chicago, Los Angeles and San Francisco. The show will also be taped for later airing on the syndicated Public Radio International program "World Café."

On Sept. 25, Costello is slated as the next performer in cable network A&E's "Live By Request" series.

Here is the "North" track list:

"You Left Me in the Dark"
"Someone Took the Words Away"
"When Did I Stop Dreaming?"
"You Turned to Me"
"Fallen"
"When It Sings"
"Still"
"Let Me Tell You About Her"
"Can You Be True?"
"When Green Eyes Turn Blue"
"I'm in the Mood Again"

-- Barry A. Jeckell, N.Y.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

And yes, that's correct, Canada and the UK get North a week before the U.S. does. :D :D :D :D :D
bobster

Post by bobster »

I'm wondering what the deal is on the simulcasts. Wonder if you need tickets for the L.A. (Beverly Hills, actually) museum...well, the Virgin Megastore is just down the street, anyhow. Still, that seems less than ideal...
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

This is doing my head in...does it mean that the first 100,00 copies in all countries? Will the UK get the dvd version????
Sour Milk Cow

Post by Sour Milk Cow »

BlueChair wrote:And yes, that's correct, Canada and the UK get North a week before the U.S. does. :D :D :D :D :D
That's okay-- I'll just have to console myself with seeing him in concert the day before I get my CD! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
HungupStrungup

Post by HungupStrungup »

laughingcrow wrote:This is doing my head in...does it mean that the first 100,00 copies in all countries? Will the UK get the dvd version????
Relax. I'm sure the 100,000 DVD's will be divided up among the major markets. Be careful in ordering these from a foreign source, by the way. You must make sure the region coding and TV standard are both compatible with your equipment.

By the way, Amazon.com is taking pre-orders for the DVD edition at $12.98.
"But it's a dangerous game that comedy plays
Sometimes it tells you the truth
Sometimes it delays it"
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

jesus...why are there always cheezy gimmicks associated with Elivs' records??? I feel like I'm always forced to go to extreme effort and cost to get all of the music..........too many reissues....as well. That is a whole different scam!