Grammys -- a request

Pretty self-explanatory
Dr. Luther

Grammys -- a request

Post by Dr. Luther »

Hey there -

If someone on the East Coast (of the U.S.) could give me an indication as to exactly when EC makes his appearance on the Grammys telecast (and under what circumstances), it would be greatly appreciated, so I don't have to record the entire obnoxious affair.

(Also, the apparent CBS News appearance, if possible...)

Thanks in advance.

May Peace Prevail
Turquoise Pajamas Pt Deux

Post by Turquoise Pajamas Pt Deux »

I posted this in the other Grammy's thread as well. Probably should have put it here in the first place....

Elvis and AT indicated in their CBS Nightly News interview that they are closing the Grammy's. That would put them likely in the 10:30-11:15PM EST time slot. I'll let the Left Coast folks know - if I don't fall asleep before then.

Madonna's legs (my goodness!) open the show @ 8PM EST - translate that to your own location.
Dr. Luther

Post by Dr. Luther »

Thank you kindly.

Any other info appreciated...

9:15 PM EST...So far, it's the typical Grammy B.S. The obligatory U2 appearance, ditto for Madonna. The best performance an hour and 15 minutes in? Kelly Clarkson.....yes, Kelly Clarkson. Macca's on now and it's kinda painful to watch.

11:12 PM EST....The tribute to recently deceased artists just concluded. "Album of the Year" and EC/AT, et al will follow that. Perhaps 11:20 or 11:25 before he's on? For those keeping score: Over 3 hours in and no conclusion to the show.

11:22 PM EST is when it begins.
Dr. Luther

Post by Dr. Luther »

Thanks, Turquoise.

It's greatly appreciated. (Gotta put the kid to bed, and all of that...)

Let me know about 7/26/05... I'll get it to you, if you still need it.

First song featured AT on piano and vocals by AT, Dr. John, and a bit of Elvis at the end. I'm not sure what the song was, but I'm sure someone can fill that in...."We can do it yes we can...."....No idea.

The second song was "In the Midnight Hour" to mark the recent passing of Wilson Pickett. Vocals on that were done by Sam Moore, who was joined by Bruuuce and Erma Thomas (I think that's who she is anyway). Nice performances. EC continued to play guitar and sing barely noticeable background vocals. I would have liked more EC of course, but hey, can't have everything. It must have been an honor to be up there.

Of course, the most noteworthy item to note would have to be Pete and Davey playing with the super-star crew.

Viva la Davey!