19 years ago tonight with Emmylou

Pretty self-explanatory
bronxapostle

19 years ago tonight with Emmylou

Post by bronxapostle »

This one was one of my very favorite shows EVER by our guy with the incredibly smooth partnership of Ms. Emmylou Harris for the vast majority of the show. With the immense Imposters in their usual fine form, the additional expert guitarwork of Larry Campbell and, from my memory....the only three hours show I have ever seen him perform! The previous best was 10/27/1986 in Philly at about 2 hours 50 minutes! I cajoled the Mrs. to take the kinda long ride despite me attending three nights earlier in Central Park AND squeezing in Bridgeport, CT. for my first ever solo BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN show on the 20th. A truly amazing three of four nights live. Here is the wiki link for this one....

https://www.elviscostello.info/wiki/ind ... allingford

I know many of my cohorts went to this night including Tony and his camera. I wish I knew how to add a photo here as he sent me a great click from this night with his very kind permission to share it. I wonder how many of you were there and agree about this show. Hopefully you might chime in here. This long story is indeed to ask a couple questions. Usually John E. or Colin B. would notate recorder info at boot art and/or give photo credits too. I see neither here and I am curious of each. Is my brilliant analogue cassette recording indeed the only capture from this night? I'll need to dig out my archives to give it a listen. I think it sounded pretty okay. Maybe someone so inclined and in the know can re-share this one. Re-up it, re-seed it... whatever the correct terminology is. I know it shall be embraced by anyone there that night or not there. Cheers, ba

P.S. I don't know how I got lucky this time...but i was indeed able to add the fantastic photo from Tony S. at the first reply post below. It's a real beaut.
Last edited by bronxapostle on Mon Jul 22, 2024 10:11 am, edited 4 times in total.
bronxapostle

Re: 19 years ago tonight with Emmylou

Post by bronxapostle »

7/19/2006
Attachments
IMG_6576.jpg
IMG_6576.jpg (158.48 KiB) Viewed 343 times