Elvis & The Imposters with Charlie Sexton at PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel, NJ, July 18, 2024

Pretty self-explanatory
Man out of Time

Elvis & The Imposters with Charlie Sexton at PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel, NJ, July 18, 2024

Post by Man out of Time »

Elvis' Co-Headlining tour with Daryl Hall, will continue at the PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel, NJ, on Thursday July 18th. Elvis will be joined by The Imposters and Charlie Sexton again.

About 17,500 people can occupy the venue; there are 7,000 seats and the grass area can hold about 10,500 people. It opened in 1968 (according to Wikipedia).

Elvis has played this venue six times before. It was previously called the Garden State Arts Center. Elvis has played the venue twice before with The Imposters (2008 and 2015) twice with The Attractions (1984 and 1994) and twice with The Rude 5 (1989 and 1991).

Tickets are now on sale here priced between $41 (Terrace) and $304.00 (Orchestra seats). There are also various resale tickets available at higher prices. The venue website makes it really hard to see what proportion of seats have sold, but seats are still available at all prices.

Who's going?

MOOT
bronxapostle

Re: Elvis & The Imposters with Charlie Sexton at PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel, NJ, July 18, 2024

Post by bronxapostle »

I can NOT tell a lie!! Last night my dear cousin Gina offered me the great free pair of V.I P. tickets for this show including the amazingly close to venue free parking perk. But, after the heat of Tuesday continuing throughout today I can not fathom sitting outdoors for nearly four hours! I did get a great show at RCMH but must bow out & a) send greetings to my dear friends that I might have gotten to greet tonight & b) beg your diligence to stay hydrated and BE WELL. I honestly do not know how the band can remain on stage for ninety minutes in this weather. Again stay well all and please enjoy! Peace to all and CHEERS TO ULF!!!
jmm

Re: Elvis & The Imposters with Charlie Sexton at PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel, NJ, July 18, 2024

Post by jmm »

Will miss you ba. Even the twins (now 14) will be there tonight

As you say, stay cool & hydrated
I too am a limited, primitive kind of man
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

jmm wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 6:33 am Will miss you ba. Even the twins (now 14) will be there tonight

As you say, stay cool & hydrated

Wow.... would have loved to see L and J too. Kisses to all. Benny
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

https://elviscostello.info//wiki/index. ... 18_Holmdel

01. Pump It Up
02. Truth Drug
03. Watching The Detectives
04. This Year's Girl
05. Man Out Of Time
06. Sneaky Feelings
07. Wonder Woman
08. Everyday I Write The Book
09. A Face In The Crowd
10. Come The Meantimes
11. Everybody's Crying Mercy
12. Mystery Dance
13. Alison
14. (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love And Understanding?
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Wow - Sneaky Feelings!
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

verbal gymnastics wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 4:40 pm Wow - Sneaky Feelings!

As always VG.... you never know with our guy! :D
Newspaper Pane

Post by Newspaper Pane »

Someone here will know this (I think). At the end of Mystery Dance, EC was singing some lyrics to the effect of "Yeah. Yeah. It's not the heat that makes me stick to you" or something like that. Is that from a song?
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

Newspaper Pane wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 12:24 am Someone here will know this (I think). At the end of Mystery Dance, EC was singing some lyrics to the effect of "Yeah. Yeah. It's not the heat that makes me stick to you" or something like that. Is that from a song?
"Hot Weather Blues"?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtTwdflZ36g

"It ain't hot weather that makes me stick to you."
Newspaper Pane

Post by Newspaper Pane »

And No Coffee Table wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 12:39 am
Newspaper Pane wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 12:24 am Someone here will know this (I think). At the end of Mystery Dance, EC was singing some lyrics to the effect of "Yeah. Yeah. It's not the heat that makes me stick to you" or something like that. Is that from a song?
"Hot Weather Blues"?

that's it!
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

And No Coffee Table wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 12:39 am
"Hot Weather Blues"?

Brilliant sourcing, ANCT :D
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Newspaper & Sulky: I've been going straight to nunki for the better part of 25 years now I think when I have these snippet questions. ANCT is KING!!
Newspaper Pane

Post by Newspaper Pane »

bronxapostle wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 8:03 am Newspaper & Sulky: I've been going straight to nunki for the better part of 25 years now I think when I have these snippet questions. ANCT is KING!!
And someone already updated the set list. That's why I love this site.
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

bronxapostle wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 8:03 am Newspaper & Sulky: I've been going straight to nunki for the better part of 25 years now I think when I have these snippet questions. ANCT is KING!!
Absolutely !
jmm

Post by jmm »

Very good show. Best I’ve seen in some time at a venue that’s not my favorite as concrete construction isn’t kind to the sound and the crowd can be quite chatty. Sound was surprisingly good tonight.

Setlist varied from RCMH in an enjoyable way. Certainly sneaky feelings was a highlight. Adapting to the shorter show run-time seemed to keep things going nicely to my ears. Even my 14yo daughter & son said they liked it!

Realized we’ve now seen EC here on similar package tours with Steely Dan, the Police, Blondie and as headliner here. Guess that happens when you get the chance to stick with a great artist over a long time!! Pleased to have the chance to do it.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Yeah I was ill summer 2008 so I missed the Police show....of course jmm i had tickets but could NOT attend that entire summer. I regard Sting highly for joining the opening act for the nightly duet. Apparently either diva Daryl thought it below him or was fearful to not do the job well. We KNOW our guy surely made the offer to do the FLAME song together. I don't remember the Blondie tour hitting PNC but I could be wrong. I've seen most appearances there. Have you caught them all? Close to home I'll bet huh? Peace my friend... Benny
jmm

Post by jmm »

I was wrong ba, blondie show was in Camden. I’ll give myself a break on that one!
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Lol....I never been to Camden....is that near to Philly?