Elvis & The Imposters with Charlie Sexton at Radio City Music Hall, New York, NY, July 16, 2024

Pretty self-explanatory
Man out of Time

Elvis & The Imposters with Charlie Sexton at Radio City Music Hall, New York, NY, July 16, 2024

Post by Man out of Time »

Elvis' Co-Headlining tour with Daryl Hall, will continue at the Radio City Music Hall, New York, NY, on Tuesday July 16th. Elvis will be joined by The Imposters and Charlie Sexton again.

The auditorium has around 5,960 seats. Around 3,500 of these seats are at the ground-level orchestra, while the remaining seats are distributed among the three mezzanines (according to Wikipedia).

Elvis has played this venue four times before, most recently as a guest of Fito Páez in 2022. Elvis has never previously played the venue with The Imposters, although he did play there with The Attractions in 1984.

Tickets are now on sale here priced between $90 (Mezzanine) and $318.00 (Orchestra seats). There are also various resale tickets available at higher prices. The ticketing website suggests that maybe 40% of seats have sold, but many of those are now available at a higher price through resale. Seats are still available at all prices.

Who's going?

MOOT
jmm

Re: Elvis & The Imposters with Charlie Sexton at Radio City Music Hall, New York, NY, July 16, 2024

Post by jmm »

Looking forward to it!
I too am a limited, primitive kind of man
bronxapostle

Re: Elvis & The Imposters with Charlie Sexton at Radio City Music Hall, New York, NY, July 16, 2024

Post by bronxapostle »

One month till show time....i finally secured my digitix at box office yesterday. Been a long time since I've seen Elvis. Any time more than 365 days pass since the last time, I feel blue. And this might indeed be my only 2024 show as I see nothing else coming up here. Though...we can be hopeful for unexpected additions as he has taught us.
Newspaper Pane

Post by Newspaper Pane »

bronxapostle wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:12 am One month till show time....i finally secured my digitix at box office yesterday. Been a long time since I've seen Elvis. Any time more than 365 days pass since the last time, I feel blue. And this might indeed be my only 2024 show as I see nothing else coming up here. Though...we can be hopeful for unexpected additions as he has taught us.
hope to see you there!
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

For the people who don't like to drink and or dine pre-show....I've begun telling folks I will be at the southwest corner of 50th and 6th (that's the diagonal one from the RCMH corner!) at 6:15 p.m. before i enter the venue twenty short minutes later. AN IMPORTANT REMINDER THAT IT IS A 7 P.M. START TIME with the usual EC punctuality virtually assured. I do sincerely hate missing the friends that I do love to say HELLO to...so without offending anyone by omission here, i shan't name names. Do come by if you care AND IF YOU CAN. hope to see you there my many long time friends. Best, Benny
supplydavid

Post by supplydavid »

Will be a late call to confirm but plan to come up on Tuesday and stay for the Thomas Dolby Thursday.

Looks like there are lots of seats downstairs so may take my chance on the day.
supplydavid

Post by supplydavid »

Will be a late call to confirm but plan to come up on Tuesday and stay for the Thomas Dolby Thursday.

supplydavid

Post by supplydavid »

sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Hope you have a great time tonight BA, and all you other fans. One day I’ll be there in NY to join you - I promise ! :lol: :lol:
supplydavid

Post by supplydavid »

Been trying to find you. Maybe I am on the wrong corner. Asking a lot of people if they are you. I have blue Red Sox hat
supplydavid

Post by supplydavid »

Sorry I did not keep a set list but Elvis and the band were on fine form. After my last show disappointment in Nashville this balance of greatest hits to keep the audience engaged and surprises , mystery dance rearranged meant this was a good night out. I had forgotten how lovely the venue is. I have posted some pics on my Twitter @sproutsfan.

Daryl hall had a great set list but his vocals were simply awful. The audience loved it in the main however although a few left.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

https://elviscostello.info/wiki/index.p ... 6_New_York

Setlist

01. Pump It Up
02. Watching The Detectives
03. No Flag
04. We Are All Cowards Now
05. Green Shirt
06. No Reason To Quit - two verses
07. Indoor Fireworks
08. Wonder Woman
09. Everyday I Write The Book
10. A Face In The Crowd
11. Everybody's Crying Mercy
12. Mystery Dance
13. Clubland - including Ghost Town
14. Alison - including You've Been Cheatin'
15. (I Don't Want To Go To) Chelsea
16. (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love And Understanding?
Start time: 7:25
End time: 8:55
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Apologies to supplydavid. I had been at that corner from about 5:55....so like the wicked witch of the west I was indeed melting by my "meet" time and had to enter the building by 6:20. Hope you too enjoyed yet another great Elvis appearance. He sure did make Daryl seem extra haggard and concert attendees were leaving in droves including me halfway thru his set. ELVIS IS KING always.

My phone had extra horrible filming capabilities last evening...perhaps it was the distance or I maybe mistriggered some setting. Yet I always sing the praises of my 4 year old SAMSUNG GALAXY phone's audio. Here are a small sample:

GREEN SHIRT
https://youtu.be/wSyVaLoOWxg?feature=shared

NO REASON TO QUIT
https://youtu.be/_Z7AGuvEnwQ?feature=shared

probable bogus DARYL story
https://youtu.be/oesblPVKPqY?feature=shared

Additionally small snippets of nearly every song are viewable at my Instagram account. ENJOY!
Last edited by bronxapostle on Wed Jul 17, 2024 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
jmm

Post by jmm »

Excellent show! Glad to see / hear the whole band back on stage together

Reworkings were a highlight to me, especially Mystery Dance

Looking forward to Thursday and hoping for cooler temps for outdoor show
I too am a limited, primitive kind of man
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

jmm wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 8:30 am Excellent show! Glad to see / hear the whole band back on stage together

Reworkings were a highlight to me, especially Mystery Dance

Looking forward to Thursday and hoping for cooler temps for outdoor show

I'm with you Jack....the two biggest most marked reworkings for me were the MYSERY DANCE boogie; and NO FLAG faster take! Of course always saddened to not have seen you and the Mrs. last evening. Enjoy tomorrow. I will not make the journey. Be well please. ba
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

The CAL videos....

No Reason to Quit/Fireworks COMPLETE!!!
https://youtu.be/smhF6WY5tqk?feature=shared

Everyday I Write the Book:
https://youtu.be/l0gaGzmBGZ0?feature=shared

Alison/You've Been Cheatin'
https://youtu.be/EDihm-KKpfQ?feature=shared