Elvis & The Imposters with Charlie Sexton at Greek Theatre, Los Angeles, CA, June 18, 2024

Pretty self-explanatory
Man out of Time

Elvis & The Imposters with Charlie Sexton at Greek Theatre, Los Angeles, CA, June 18, 2024

Post by Man out of Time »

Elvis' Co-Headlining tour with Daryl Hall, will continue at the Greek Theatre in Los Angeles, CA on Tuesday June 18th. Elvis will be joined by The Imposters and Charlie Sexton again.

The Greek Theatre is an amphitheatre located in Griffith Park, Los Angeles. The capacity at the Greek is 5,870 seated and 5,900 general admission
Elvis and the Imposters played the same venue in 2023 on their "We're All Going On A Summer Holiday" tour. This will be Elvis' seventh appearance at the venue.

Tickets are now on sale here priced between $39.50 and $225.00 (+fees). Difficult to judge from the online seating plan, but maybe 40% of the tickets have sold so far, so plenty still available.

Who's going?

MOOT
johnfoyle

Re: Elvis & The Imposters with Charlie Sexton at Greek Theatre, Los Angeles, CA, June 18, 2024

Post by johnfoyle »

Who's going ?

Goodbye Cruel World is 40 years old today.
Maybe this significant anniversary will prompt a duet tonight by Elvis & Daryl on 'Only Flame?
Azmuda

Re: Elvis & The Imposters with Charlie Sexton at Greek Theatre, Los Angeles, CA, June 18, 2024

Post by Azmuda »

https://elviscostello.info//wiki/index. ... os_Angeles

01. Pump It Up
02. Watching The Detectives
03. No Flag
04. The Only Flame In Town - including Yesterday
05. Unwanted Number - including Love Child
06. Wonder Woman
07. Everyday I Write The Book
08. A Face In The Crowd
09. Everybody's Crying Mercy
10. I Still Have That Other Girl
11. Clubland - including Ghost Town and Insensatez
12. You Little Fool - including Young Girl
13. No Action
14. (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love And Understanding?
15. (I Don't Want To Go To) Chelsea
16. Alison - including I'm Gonna Make You Love Me

Start time: 7:24
End time: 8:45
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

A co-headlining show is inevitably not as good as an all Elvis show, especially if Elvis plays first, but he achieved a nice balance in an 81-minute set that worked for this superfan and seemed to work for the more casual fans in the crowd.

There were some annoying talkers, as there were when Elvis played the same venue last year, but for the most part the crowd was willing to listen to the less familiar songs even if they really wanted to hear the hits. After being on their feet for openers "Pump It Up" and "Watching the Detectives," it seemed like everyone sat down simultaneously when they failed to recognize "No Flag."

"No Flag" had a peculiar ending. I'm not sure if it was a false ending followed by an instrumental reprise or an actual ending followed by an unrelated instrumental, but either way there was an unexpected instrumental that lasted a minute or so, concluding with Elvis joking: "I meant to do that!"

"The Only Flame in Town" began with the first verse of "Yesterday," presumably in honor of Paul McCartney's birthday.

"I Still Have That Other Girl" was dedicated to "Sue."

The show had an advertised start time of 6:30, which seemed impossibly early, but I made sure to be in my seat by then, only for Elvis to appear at 7:24.

Daryl Hall's set was slightly shorter than Elvis', at 76 minutes. His band was great. Daryl did not appear able to sing the high notes. Some of his workarounds were effective, and some weren't. He was particularly awkward on the first song, "Maneater," but others were more suited to his current voice. I mostly know his hits, but I knew most of the songs he played, and it's impressive how many hits he didn't play.

The woman sitting behind me was entirely unfamiliar with both Elvis and Daryl. I have no idea how she ended up there.
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Great last sentence - I feel that fairly often now when I see Elvis - "Why did you bother to come?"! :shock:
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
Man out of Time

Post by Man out of Time »

Review of Daryl Hall's set, by Imaan Jalali published at LAexcites.com on June 20, 2024.

MOOT