US tour January / February 2024: 7-0-7 tour

Pretty self-explanatory
sweetest punch

US tour January / February 2024: 7-0-7 tour

Post by sweetest punch »

Today a concert was announced for January 10, 2024:
viewtopic.php?p=7756590#p7756590
Last edited by sweetest punch on Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
verbal gymnastics

Re: US tour January 2024?

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Difficult to believe this will be a one off.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

verbal gymnastics wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:50 am Difficult to believe this will be a one off.

Huh vg??? It sounds exactly like a one off/benefit type. Noone starts a tour in early January, right??
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

bronxapostle wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:00 pm
verbal gymnastics wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:50 am Difficult to believe this will be a one off.

Huh vg??? It sounds exactly like a one off/benefit type. Noone starts a tour in early January, right??
Except Elvis and Squeeze in the States in 1981 !
Surely you must have gone to some of those on that tour, BA ?
verbal gymnastics

It just seems odd to get the Imposters together for one gig…

…unless they have anything else planned which they will be very tight lipped about.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

sulky lad wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:47 pm

Except Elvis and Squeeze in the States in 1981 !
Surely you must have gone to some of those on that tour, BA ?
Yes, I went to 2 ENGLISH MUGS NYC shows.

verbal gymnastics wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:14 pm

It just seems odd to get the Imposters together for one gig…

…unless they have anything else planned which they will be very tight lipped about.
When you said so VG, that's the first thing I looked after. I did not see mention of the band. Let me go re-read. If Imposters in tow, then yes I would agree
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Oh yeah...I do see the band listed as well. Intriguing! maybe a New Year's Eve show for us again.
supplydavid

Post by supplydavid »

4 years since any Florida dates so hopefully a tour with a few dates and more of the "southern" states which has been lighter over the last few tours?
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

A second show is announced: viewtopic.php?t=12294
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
verbal gymnastics

There you go Benny :lol:
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

https://www.elviscostello.com/uncategor ... -0-7-tour/

….GENTLEMEN AND LADIES OF CULTIVATED TASTES, REJOICE!…. ELVIS COSTELLO AND THE IMPOSTERS EMBARK ON THE ENTHRALLING 7-0-7 TOUR

It is with an air of the utmost delight that we, the purveyors of the finest musical tidings, announce the resplendent return of the esteemed maestro, Elvis Costello, and his illustrious coterie, The Imposters. Brace yourselves, for this transcendental ensemble shall be traversing some of America’s most verdant roads on their scintillating 7-0-7 Tour, an escapade destined to rhapsodize the senses and bewitch the heartstrings.

Like a phoenix reborn from the flames of creative fervor, Elvis Costello and The Imposters shall grace the stages of Florida, Louisiana, Texas, Missouri, Tennessee, Georgia, and North Carolina, taking enraptured audiences on an odyssey commencing on the 10th of January, 2024, in the enchanting realm of Tallahassee, Florida and closes on February 2nd, in Wilmington, North Carolina. Verily, as the sun ascends over the horizon, so shall this formidable troupe illuminate the musical firmament.

Ah, but let us not overlook the accompanists of our esteemed troubadour! The Imposters, those cunning artisans of harmony and rhythm —namely, Steve Nieve, Pete Thomas, and Davey Faragher—shall once again pledge their musical virtuosity, their souls and strings and keys, to this endeavor. And lo and behold, the brilliant guitarist Charlie Sexton shall join this musical fellowship, bestowing a luminous brilliance akin to stars strung across the heavens.

Mr. Costello and his Imposters, those alchemists of auditory enchantment, shall sate the thirst for musical marvels with Mr. Costello’s unparalleled compositions and their electrifying performances.

We implore you, dear connoisseurs, to mark your calendars, ready your senses and spring forth with willing, curious hearts for the extravaganza that is the 7-0-7 Tour. As the days grow shorter, anticipation swells. Remember that this is not just a concert—it is a communion of amorous spirits, an odyssey of pure, unadulterated elation.

A perpetual wanderer of our ever-shifting globe, just weeks past, Mr. Costello and his stalwart pianofortist, Mr. Nieve visited The Eternal City, the Sicilian port of Palermo and the teaming metropolis of Milano, sharing the limelight with “La Cantantessa”, Carmen Consoli, before the duo continued “sur Le Continent”, cheered to the echo in the capital cities and charming towns of Europe, the Nordic Lands and Low Countries.

Now, whispers from the Antipodean shores tell us that Costello shall grace Australia in March, with a long-awaited return to the illustrious Byron Bay Bluesfest, Sydney Opera House and “Marvelous Melbourne”. The world, it seems, shall ever be his stage, and an adoring audience awaits his retour with unbridled joy and breathless anticipation.

Pray, dear aficionados, for a glimpse into the splendid world of Elvis Costello’s musical soirées, venture to elviscostello.com for all ticket-related enlightenment.

Public on-sale shall be this Friday, September 29th, at 10am local time – venture to elviscostello.com at that time to transact.

Artist pre-sale tickets shall be available Wednesday, September 27th, at 10am local time, also at elviscostello.com

Elvis Costello 7-0-7 Tour Dates

Wed Jan 10 – Tallahassee, FL – Ruby Diamond Concert Hall

Thur Jan 11 – Clearwater, FL – Ruth Eckerd

Fri Jan 12 – Miami Beach, FL – The Fillmore at Jackie Gleason Theatre

Sun Jan 14 – Miramar Beach, FL – 30A Songwriters Festival Grand Boulevard Outdoor Stage

Tue Jan 16 – New Orleans, LA – Orpheum

Wed Jan 17 – Houston, TX – House of Blues

Fri Jan 19 – Dallas, TX – Majestic Theatre

Sat Jan 20 – Austin, TX – ACL Moody Theatre

Mon Jan 22 – San Antonio, TX – Majestic Theatre

Thur Jan 25 – Kansas City, MO – Uptown Theatre

Fri Jan 26 – St. Louis, MO – The Factory at the District

Mon Jan 29 – Nashville, TN – Ryman Auditorium

Tue Jan 30 – Atlanta, GA – The Coca-Cola Roxy

Wed Jan 31 – Durham, NC – Durham Performing Arts Center

Fri Feb 02 – Wilmington, NC – Wilson Center at Cape Fear Community College
Newspaper Pane

Post by Newspaper Pane »

EC had to have written that copy, right? Hilarious.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

What the heck does 7-0-7 mean? :D

7 states? No more?
Charles

Re: US tour January / February 2024: 7-0-7 tour

Post by Charles »

Who's waiting with fingers on their keyboards?
Charles

Post by Charles »

The Ryman, Dallas, and Austin are all secured!!! Easy peasy...
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Wrong again, Benny!! :oops: :D :D
verbal gymnastics

Whilst I was right, at least you’ve got a chance to see him!
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Road trips are burdensome as I've gotten older. January 900 plus miles away is a great long shot... though thinking on it assuredly. Haven't been to Florida in about 44 years.
migdd

Post by migdd »

Scored 4th row tickets to the Durham show at face value this morning via the Friends of DPAC presale.
Arnie

Post by Arnie »

I've seen him twice this year. As much as I try to talk myself in wanting to go, I really want to know what will be new about this tour. Hard to top the NYC residency. Spoiled I suppose
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Arnie wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:17 pm I've seen him twice this year. As much as I try to talk myself in wanting to go, I really want to know what will be new about this tour. Hard to top the NYC residency. Spoiled I suppose

Hey Arnie...as the last date of this tour is early February, maybe we get a redo at Gramercy. :lol:
Arnie

Post by Arnie »

bronxapostle wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:40 am
Arnie wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:17 pm I've seen him twice this year. As much as I try to talk myself in wanting to go, I really want to know what will be new about this tour. Hard to top the NYC residency. Spoiled I suppose

Hey Arnie...as the last date of this tour is early February, maybe we get a redo at Gramercy. :lol:
I would be all over that. What a great show night 2 was.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

https://www.instagram.com/elviscostello/p/C2N4UfeSgi-/

elviscostello

STOP PRESS: Two Unique "7-0-7" Performances

Following on from last summer's acclaimed appearances, Elvis Costello & The Imposters - and their special guest guitarist, Charlie Sexton - are joined by trumpet player, arranger and composer, Michael Leonhart, saxophonist and bandleader, Donnie McCaslin and trombonist and Nashville resident, Ray Mason for two performances at the Ryman Auditorium, Nashville on Jan 29th and The Coca-Cola Roxy, in Atlanta on Jan 30th. Hear this unique ensemble playing rock & roll, rhythm & blues, ballads, boleros and tangos.

Don't Be Late The Band Hits At Eight!

Tickets going fast, don't delay ... link in bio
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Elvis on Facebook -

Leap Year Sale!
Get 50% off 7-0-7 Tour Merch
Sale ends March 8th

https://www.elviscostello.com/hellomerc ... xVL6_Ph5v0